Tyre Suggestions For New Swift Zxi

Thread Starter #1
Hi Gurus,

I finally bought my blazing red swift ZXI in december 2012.The current odo reading is 6500km(approx).The car is still running in stock MRF zvtv. One tyre of the car was punctured & repaired on the very 2nd day after delivery. Now another tyre is showing problem i.e. it automatically get deflated every week. So currently ,I am in confused state.
1.should i repair this tyre also?
2. Should i consider another option i.e I should sell these tyres and get all 5 new tires?
3.If i go with this option ,then which tyre should i choose?
4.how much can my old tyres can fetch me in the 2nd hand market?
5.My tyre size is 185/65/R15.I only found Michelin XM2 as only good option.No yokohama available in this size.Any suggestions?

I am currently staying in kolkata. Any good tyre dealer who can exchange my old tires and give me new tires?

I finally bought my blazing red swift ZXI in december 2012
.Belated congratulation.
stock MRF zvtv. One tyre of the car was punctured & repaired on the very 2nd day after delivery
no big deal man. This can happen on the D day itself.
Now another tyre is showing problem i.e. it automatically get deflated every week. ,I am in confused stapte.
off course! If the puncture is repairable. Side wall puncture very close to rim are oft en unrepairable.
. Should i consider another option
Not really if the punctureis re pairable, and unless you are unhappy about handling, comfort, body roll etc. of OE tyres.
. I should sell these tyres and get all 5 new tires?
nope, 4 will do.

If i go with this option ,then which tyre should i choose? [Q
xm2 is best thing available unless you go for upsize in want of more and more comfort/and lesser body roll.
No yokohama available in this size.Any suggestions?
yokohama are noisy IMO.
I am currently staying in kolkata. Any good tyre dealer who can exchange my old tires and give me new tires?
can't comment, but 6.5 kkm run tyres should fetch decent amount. Tyre dealers usually offer buy back scheme, you can opt for it without hesitation.

Hi Gurus,

I finally bought my blazing red swift ZXI in december 2012.The current odo reading is 6500km(approx).The car is still running in stock MRF zvtv. One tyre of the car was punctured & repaired on the very 2nd day after delivery. Now another tyre is showing problem i.e. it automatically get deflated every week. So currently ,I am in confused state.
2. Should i consider another option i.e I should sell these tyres and get all 5 new tires?
3.If i go with this option ,then which tyre should i choose?
4.how much can my old tyres can fetch me in the 2nd hand market?
5.My tyre size is 185/65/R15.I only found Michelin XM2 as only good option.No yokohama available in this size.Any suggestions?

your 6.5k run tyres will not fetch you anything now.
So if budget is not a problem upgrade to new tyres
The more cost affective ( & personally what i will prefer ) will be to use the MRF's till atleast 70% of their usable life.

Would suggest you to go for 195/60/15, there are many options in this size and it would suit your car well

There are many brands in this size

Michelin
Yokohama
Pirelli
Bridgestone
MRF ZLO
Continentals

I would recommend bridgestone for life and grip, and michelin/continental for comfort

Thread Starter #5
Hi All,
I inquired about Michelin energy xm2 at a tyre dealer in kolkata (just after Ultadanga flyover towards Airport).That guy quoted me 5600rs per tyre(185/65/R15).In changemytyres.com, the price is 5200rs. What should be the ideal cost of the tyre?

You better continue using till you churn out 20k odd kms (only change the defected ones)from them,now a days tire life is not much @40 k max,changing all all tires will cost you not less than 20k minimum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi All,
I inquired about Michelin energy xm2 at a tyre dealer in kolkata (just after Ultadanga flyover towards Airport).That guy quoted me 5600rs per tyre(185/65/R15).In changemytyres.com, the price is 5200rs. What should be the ideal cost of the tyre?
Try to bargain with the local dealer and make sure that wheel alignment and balancing is included in the package.

If you plan to stick with stock tires, get your tire valve checked.Maybe it is leaking.

If you drive on bad roads, go with Bridgestone.You can go with the 195/60R15 size.To be sure, do a test fit and check the clearance in the front and rear.

I would recommend bridgestone for life and grip, and michelin/continental for comfort
I changed my SWIFT ZXI's company fitted JK tyers after 56K kms and later got switch to Michelin XM2. MiXM2 is simply awesome in road noise ( almost none ), good grip, smooth in driving ( compare to JK ) and still look like new tyres after completing 19K kms. [cheers]

Top Bottom