Alloy Wheels For My Swift

Thread Starter #1
hi friends
at last i have got alloys in my car after a full 15 months cash collection and hunting for my taste of alloys and at last yesterday was the day i got them.[:D]
please friends do tell me how do they look.

1) alloys: Neo illusion 15"x6.5
2) tyres: Kenda kaiser 195/55 R15
3) callipers colour: candy orange

comments appreciated.[:)]

Attachments

Re: Alloys in my swift.

Nice combo there Anurag.

Did you get the alignment and balancing done?

What was the cost of the alloys did you get a set of 4 or 5?What was the cost?

What was the cost per tire?

Thread Starter #3

alignment and wheel balancing was done for free

set of 4 is what is bought right now. 5th is planned but later.

cost of alloys is 20k for 4

cost of tyre i got is 4k (after heavy discount)

Remember to rotate the tires every 5000 kms.Unidirectional tires are prone to uneven wear.You can rotate them only front to back.There should be markings on the tires showing front and back.

Rs4000 per tire is not bad.Varun paid Rs5000 per tire for the 14" Yokohama Es100.Same unidirectional pattern.

Thread Starter #6
Jarpickle..
Please brief me in detail. U mean to say i should rotate my front tyres to the rear and rear to the front. Ryt??

Darmesh:
I have seen lemon yellow
Red
Silver
Blue all were very old and loud.
I wanted something sophisticated so went for candy orange something diffrent and new

Yes that is what I meant, these rotate in only 1 direction and hence during tire rotation they can only be moved from front to rear and vice versa.

Is there some issue? accessing thread over Android cell and can't see images in thread.

However able to see images of Highway Ranger from his thread.

That's what I said, when the front wheels go to the rear and the rear wheels come to the front.

I believe there will be marking indicating Inside and Outside on your tires.

In normal tires you can move the tires in the cross pattern as well.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #11
Re: Kenda Tyres

After a lot of anxiety and disturbance in my mind i finally got rid of those kendas because many friends told me that they were not worth it. A lot of other tyre dealers(known to me) did not prefer and suggested me to change asap. I was hooked uo all over the internet for hours searching about those tyres and the review was not impressive.
So i went back to the dealer and got myself apollo accelare which i have already tried and tested for more than 10years as they were in my dad's car and my brothers too. I got myself same size 195/55 r15.and trust me the ride got diffrent all together better cornering accelration and smoothness. Road grip as well.
Now main point. How much psi air should i fill them with.
Please help.

How much is the recommended PSI?Go with that first.If the ride quality feels very harsh and bumpy, reduce the pressure by 2 PSI.

Thread Starter #13

Recoomended air pressure that is given on the tyre placard is for diffrent size i.e stock size.
For eg stock in vdi is 165/85r14 front psi : 36(diesel) rear : 33
Zdi has 185/65 r15 it has 32 front 29rear
Mine is vdi with 195/55 r15 i filled all four with 33psi.. front grip os ok but i feel rear is a bit bumpy.
Il reduce the rear to 30psi tommrow. One more question should i ask the service centre to adjust my shockers as well?
As far as my knowledge goes each diffrent company car that comes with stock diffrent tyre setup hav diff suspension setup.
I believe that wider tire strains the engine as well? Becuase earlier it was 165 now 195. Or i am thinking too much.
Sorry for my silly questionas but first car and first time tyre ugrade with alloys.

I don't think mass produced cars have adjustable suspension.Unless you have upgraded to adjustable dampers.

Yes the wider tires do strain the engine, so remember to change the engine oil and gear oil as per your schedule and they won't wear out under the strain.

Remember to check your axle boots(driveshaft boots) as well and make sure they aren't torn.If they are change them immediately.Go for MGP kit, as it comes with special grease for the CV joints as well.The axles are responsible to transfer the drive to the wheels.

Next are the wheel bearings.

Another thing is the timing belt, if you hear whining and screeching noises.

As you have reduced the sidewall height in comparison to the 185/65R15 and the 165/80R14 your mileage will reduce albeit not by much.

Experiment with tire pressures to find a suitable one.Also remember you may need to increase the pressure when the car is fully loaded.

Thread Starter #15
I did not understand the drive shaft thing. Please explain with help of pictures as well as what was mgp kit. Cv joints ibdid not get that

Top Bottom