Seat Covers For Ertiga

Thread Starter #1
We own a Silky Silver Ertiga LXi.

Apart from mats, steering cover and ICE the interior of the car is still incomplete since I am still using plastic covers on the seats [lol] and the car desperately needs seat covers.

I am not much of an interior person, I spend most of the time on the exterior of the car as that is my main interest.But I have been warned against dissecting the Ertiga, I plan on keeping it that way.Atleast for the time being[;)].I need help on suggestions with the interiors.

Coming back to the interiors, the car has a beige interior and would like to go with something that wouldn't overpower that rest of the interiors.

Can fellow Eriga owners please post some pictures of their cars interiors with description of the brand, material used, thickness and price of the seat covers and or interior package.

Suggestions welcome from everyone.

Thanks

I am using plastic seat covers for my new Bolero too which is barely two weeks old & don't plan to remove those for at least two more weeks [;)]. Don't want people getting it dirty !

The Indica which I sold recently had something called foam leather seat covers, very very durable, comfortable & good looking too. I got them ordered & installed around 2005 in the auto store which you find within a Big Bazaar store for around Rs 2600.

those seat covers were such good quality that not only they lasted in good condition all these years but the new person who owns the Indica might be able to use it for few more years.

I am definitely going back to the exact same Big Bazaar store to see if those guys are still around, to get my Bolero seat covers done. The Big Bazaar stores are ideal when you looking for good combination of comfort, durability, quality & competitive cost!

You may check those out if you have any nearby !

Last edited:
Thread Starter #3
The only things available at the big bazaars here are steering covers and car polishes.

The only things available at the big bazaars here are steering covers and car polishes.
Try one of their bigger stores.

Do let us know how much yours cost if you get it done in this month, so the rest of us can get an idea, photos will also help, I am planning mine only in October[;)] budget ~ 5K maybe little more.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #5
I have checked 3 big stores and all that I found was steering covers, one place at 1 pair of mats and polishes can be found everywhere.

I want to get it done this month.So need more ideas as to what to look out for.

Option 1: Original Leather - Best in fit / finish, summer / winter comfort.

If you have the budget, go for it. Leather seats will easily outlast life of your car and if maintained well & will remain cleaner too. For Ertiga it might cost 40K.

Option 2: Fabric - Cheap, Better comfort in summer, Washable options

I am never a big fan of fabric seat covers since they tend to become very fast and difficult to clean as well. But some stain resistant materials are available I understand and if done by experts, the fit and finish could be good also. But there is also risk of these covers gathering wrinkles after use for 2 - 3 years

Option 3: Faux leather / Leatherite .. - VFM option, Easy to maintain

There are many ready-made options with this material. Autoform / Autofoam brand seems to popular and I have prices of these seat covers in ebay around 8K. I had seen similar price at Reliance Mart too. Delhi is the best place to get them really cheap and fixing can be done by any accessory shop guys.

Local accessory guys can also getting this done in made to order mode. When I checked I got quotes from anywhere between 8K to 15K for similar looking material. The best part is - you get to choose different stitching and color combinations to your liking. Bangalore could be best place to get custom seats made.

There are 2 material types - one thinner material referred to rexin and another thicker material with foam layer on the back. The later is supposed to be more durable than the later & because of extra layer it offers more cushioning as well. Only down side is these covers get heated up in summer - but that problem is there with some types of fabric seats too. Best to avoid dark colors.

Good luck with the hunt..

I had narrowed down on getting custom stitched seat covers with an accessory guy. But accidentally came across 'DORADO' seat covers in an accessory shop for around 7K. Since the color exactly matched the dashboard and fit / finish was very good bought it without much thoughts. Sharing some photographs of my seats..

Attachments

Last edited:
Best option is #3 I guess!
Option 3: Faux leather / Leatherite .. - VFM option, Easy to maintain

This DORADO branded thing is it available for all cars?

Had never heard about it earlier and tried googling also while at the shop itself. Looks like not so famous brand & not widely available too. But went for it since it was cheaper and I would be happy if it serves for 3 years or so.

But after installation and usage for 3 months now, it appears to be of good quality. Forgot to mention, the fitting is superb especially around the nooks & corners, headrests etc. Front head rests have zipper in the sides running and fit perfectly. Rear ones are fastened by Velcro - but fits the curves perfectly.

Last edited:
There is also an option for JUTE seat covers. I have got them custom made for my Zen.
The best part is they do not heat in summer and do not get cold in winters.

You may not get the exact finish like in leather seat covers.
But I got them in very economical price ~ 1800 bucks in gurgaon.

The shop guy gave me colour combinations options to chose for, and I went for light grey/dark grey combination as my Zen has grey interiors.
Going good so far, about an year old.

There is also an option for JUTE seat covers. I have got them custom made for my Zen.
The best part is they do not heat in summer and do not get cold in winters.

You may not get the exact finish like in leather seat covers.
But I got them in very economical price ~ 1800 bucks in gurgaon.

The shop guy gave me colour combinations options to chose for, and I went for light grey/dark grey combination as my Zen has grey interiors.
Going good so far, about an year old.
please share pictures of ypur cars jute seeat covers

Thread Starter #13
So far I have been quoted 55k for leather ones and 16k for art leather/leatherite.

MohitG can you please post a picture a the Jute seat covers.I had completely forgotten about this option.

Prices I got seem to be on the higher side, but I have not yet done the field work.Just telephone conversation.

My seat covers cost me 5k. I did not go for costly ones because my little champ always mess the seats. He already spotted hole on them.[:D]

Thread Starter #15
All grown ups here K!NKY.

Can you post some pictures of your seat covers.How would you rate them so far?How thick are they?

PS:Is anyone using MGA seat covers, the cost is around Rs6000 if I am not mistaken.

Top Bottom