Bluetooth Options For Ertiga & Other Cars

Thread Starter #1
FM Radio RDS system

Hi Friends,

Please suggest how to know that if my music system in Ertiga ZDI support FM- RDS. I am desperately seeking this functionality to sync my car FM with Jabra freeway speaker bluetooth phone.

Thanks,
Alok

One of the features I sorely miss in my Ertiga ZDI is Bluetooth option in integrated HU. Following are some options I considered & still indecisive. This topic has been discussed on & off and some threads - but thought of starting a dedicated thread and get first hand views:

Options I am considering:

1. Replacing the HU with Bluetooth compatible HU (close to 30,000): This looks amazing on some Ertigas in the forum. However too expensive IMO and still would be left without steering controls.

2. Bluetooth kit for Ertiga from MGA (Rs. 3000): I decided about getting it at time of purchase itself. However I was told it doesn't work with latest smart phones like Samsung S3. I have written to Maruti also to confirm the same - but no official word yet. This would be ideal since output would be in speakers and unit can be attached to sun visor to function as mic. Not sure how long / whether Maruti would respond on this.

Feedback from any of the users on compatibility & call quality will be really helpful.

3. Obtain a good external Bluetooth car kit (Jabra Freeway types - close to 7,000): This is the next best bet and feedback from users is really amazing. The best part is it can used as portable speakers too on small gatherings to play music. Again requesting feedback from any users.

4. I read in one of the forums about using Sony Ericson MW 600, connected to Aux port connected to car's head unit. This would relay sound output via the speakers. However, finding a good position for the unit in dashboard for good voice reception via the mike could be challenging.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNYzUnWHDBw

Any suggestions from the forum will be really helpful. Thanks in Advance.

Last edited:
My comments are inline.

One of the features I sorely miss in my Ertiga ZDI is Bluetooth option in integrated HU. - Surely, BT is a mush have feature, provided it's used sensibly. I can't understand why Maruti is still conservative about it when the cars with lesser price tag has it as a standard OE fitment.

1. Replacing the HU with Bluetooth compatible HU (close to 30,000): This looks amazing on some Ertigas in the forum. However too expensive IMO and still would be left without steering controls. - Is it 30K? That's too much for this feature alone. I hope it would come with Navigation, Rear Camera etc. But still it's quite high. Which brand is that? If you care for warranty, this may not be a choice.

2. Bluetooth kit for Ertiga from MGA (Rs. 3000): I decided about getting it at time of purchase itself. However I was told it doesn't work with latest smart phones like Samsung S3. I have written to Maruti also to confirm the same - but no official word yet. This would be ideal since output would be in speakers and unit can be attached to sun visor to function as mic. Not sure how long / whether Maruti would respond on this. - I won't suggest it. Having wires hanging around, it doesn't look to be a neat job. Yes, many handsets aren't compatible with BT. It may work, but not with all features as you may want it.

Feedback from any of the users on compatibility & call quality will be really helpful.

3. Obtain a good external Bluetooth car kit (Jabra Freeway types - close to 7,000): This is the next best bet and feedback from users is really amazing. The best part is it can used as portable speakers too on small gatherings to play music. Again requesting feedback from any users. - May be a good and inexpensive idea than the 1st. Yet, I would suggest to look for HUs which will have built in Mic in it.

Figoian, the cost of dual din units that have bluetooth feature is that around Rs20000-30000.

An alternative is to go for a cheaper single din unit that has bluetooth and a standalone screen for the reverse camera.

Hi dhana me too from CBE. I gonna get silky silver ertiga delivery at coming 9th but I bought mapmyindia "2Din In dash AVN" now itself (online order) online price is 40k but they gave offer for 36k so bought. It has 7inch touch display, premium maps, streeing control, reverse cam, bluetooth,

Last edited:
Thread Starter #7
I have Jabra Freeway and it's wonderful device. No wonder it has excellent review and I am loving it.Someone has suggested that it can also sync with FM transmitter but I tried but could not able to succeed. Anyway I am okay to use it as dedicated device.

BTW I got it at INR6000 last month.

I found this on eBay a bluetooth receiver with 3.5mm jack as output mode and built in mic. I haven't tried it yet but it doesn't cost much also. Not sure how reliable or usable this thing would be but looking at the writeup it should fit your needs.

New EP-B3503 Wireless 3.5mm Car Bluetooth Music Receiver With MIC Stereo Output | eBay
Thank you. However, Aux port of Ertiga is near the gear lever & hence mic wont pick voices clearly.

I have Jabra Freeway and it's wonderful device. No wonder it has excellent review and I am loving it.Someone has suggested that it can also sync with FM transmitter but I tried but could not able to succeed. Anyway I am okay to use it as dedicated device.

BTW I got it at INR6000 last month.
Thank you. Can you please share link for website, if you bought online. I am more and more tending towards Jabra. But the Sony MW600 setup also impressive and allows usage as headset too. As of now, between these 2 options now..

Last edited by a moderator:
Dhana on your point number one. I had the.same feeling because I used Figo which had this bluetooth feature. I missed that that and was struggling making calls in traffic. I bought this geesonic Dvd player with touchscreen which has usb, sdcard slot, bluetooth also with reverse cam facility. It did cost me 11k and adittinal 1.5k for reverse cam. I felt spending 20k to 30k for a ICE in car was not worth. Now I am able to pair 5 mobiles at a time. And this satisfied my needs of what needed in a ICE. I use a 16gb pendrive to usb port playing movies and musics too. I did not opt for NAV in it as it is very hard to see routes while driving instead use my 5 inch mobile on a stand. Fixed to my windshield for GPS.

Thank you. However, Aux port of Ertiga is near the gear lever & hence mic wont pick voices clearly.
Hi Dhana - Even in Figo, the Mic is in built with the HU. No issues on voice clarity at all.

I am wondering, why don't other HU have in-built mic.

Top Bottom