Suggest Roof Rack For "LUV" Ertiga

Thread Starter #1
hi friends,I own a Maruti Ertiga(G Grey) for past 3 months.We are planning for a to take our love for ganpati,to our native,and there will be 7 people on board,so less place for luggage.

Requirement
=>I am looking for good quality and elegant Roof Carrier,which also somewhat match my color of car.

=>This roof should be removable,since i would rarely use it on the longer trip,might be 3/4 times max per year.

=>Must be aero dynamic styled.

=>It should not leave any scratches on the car body when removed,specially want ideas regarding this.

=>possibly must have load bars,load carry capacity of 50 kgs n upwards.

=>Easy to fit.

Budget=>around 10k

Preferred choices:

=>Ctrack XA300,cost 5200k.(quote from sion koliwada)

=>Hikers .checked the website but they dont have model,may cost 6000 upward.

=>Ajanta only if quality is good.

=>other suggestions are welcome

Undesirable choices

=>Rouf rails was one of my choice,but since it is 21k,out budget

=>MGA carriers are waste of money,dont want them.

Other

=>Suggestion regarding driving style to be adapted while driving with luggage above, and cautions.
=>do and don'ts

Heard Carryboy has some good roof carriers for the Ertiga. Anyways, there should be no dearth of aftermarket roof carriers for your car. My friend got an unbranded aluminium one (Rs. 4500) fitted on his Duster for his Leh trip and it worked out absolutely fine.

Attachments

Thread Starter #3
Thank for reply buddy. Ertiga Dont have roof rails,so it need to be fixed on the body.
My issue is that when i remove my carrier after a trip,i don't want scratches on surface of clamps and should not rust.So i am looking for branded one.

And a carrier with load bars,is welcome,cause it can carry more weight.

Yes, lack of roof rails is a problem indeed. Most clamps would certainly damage the paint, irrespective of what the manufacturer claims. I am strongly against drilling any holes in the body of ANY car. Do you have any pictures of the shortlisted ones?

Thread Starter #6
Another i was thinking of,after my trip,i would get clamps Anodized and coated if i found quality not so good.

Will inserting a tube rubber between the body and clamps will help to avoid damage to surface,share some ideas please?

Thread Starter #7
need some more suggestion,please throw your input.
Inserting a rubber material(tyre rube) between roof rack clamp and Car surface,so to avoid scratches,will work?
image is shown for reference.

Attachments

Last edited:
need some more suggestion,please throw your input.
Inserting a rubber material(tyre rube) between roof rack clamp and Car surface,so to avoid scratches,will work?
image is shown for reference.
Yes you need thicker insulation to protect from scratches. I think removing and.fixing regularly will not be a best prsctise because you might develop new scratches during every fit and remove no matter how careful you are.

I have seen almost everyone put a rubber insert between the clamp and the body while installing a roof carrier. While it may work in the short run, I am doubtful of the efficacy of this setup in the long run. The rubber would eventually crack due to exposure to the elements.

Thread Starter #10
We usually go for a long drives 1/2 twice a year,with 7/8 people.Other wise 4 people with some luggage.
I hate carriers since i want to remove it immediately after trip.Assume that i might use it 2/3 a year otherwise.

Are the rubber insert readily available with shop guys?since i have finalized ctrack xa300 now,may get it installed on saturday.

Looking for Roof rack net,max budget rs.500

Most after marketeers would cut some tube and use that. But Bombay is a big city and I hope you should be able to get some quality work done so as to avoid damage to the paint/body. Our Moderator Iron Rock has a roof rack installed on his XUV. I'm pinging him to reply here; he'd be able to guide you better.

Thread Starter #12
Most after marketeers would cut some tube and use that. But Bombay is a big city and I hope you should be able to get some quality work done so as to avoid damage to the paint/body. Our Moderator Iron Rock has a roof rack installed on his XUV. I'm pinging him to reply here; he'd be able to guide you better.
Thanks for that buddy,after marketeers here want to sell their product and earn profits,quality is compromised which i am worried about.
May be i have also seen each and every car carrier,and i found some have rubber between clamp and and body,but was bulky one.

Also seen Thule box on sail,does the thule clamps have rubber paddings?

Thread Starter #13
Hi guys finally i have purchased roof rack,but not of any brand of said above.
Day before Yesterday i saw an Ertiga with aero roof rack on it,and it was looking cool.It was not looking like a taxi atleast,but much stylish and sophisticated roof rack.
Came home talked with my family,as fixed i was going to install roof rack today itself,cause next weekend i am leaving for my native.

Yesterday morning i searched on internet about Aero company,but did not found one,called my accessory dealer,asked him about ctrack roof rack,told me he has that available. i went to my regular shop at sion koliwada,asked him to get High security number plate fixed,as well as he ordered ctrack roof rack from another shop.

Now starts waiting,it was over an hour, none of the job was done finally he told me ctrack is unavailable [frustration],you may purchase any other from which he has,to me was crap(was all taxi type).I did not liked any of them,finally due to some pressure me and my dad agreed,asked him to show first,then we will decide.
We went to his godown ,checked it,finally agreed(but not by heart),asked him to bring to shop and install.We were not happy with are decision,but somehow heavy heart we agreed.

Walking back to our car,i noticed a Chocolate brown Ertiga with Aero roof rack on it,he had some puncture,and parked it inside the tyre shop.We were suprised, and how can i let go this opportunity ?[evil]

Went near window,asked that gentle man about whereabouts roof rack?,fellow guy came outside and pointed me toward a tree,and told me about the dealer.It was like a miracle for us,wow.
We stopped the poor boy who was carrying our crap rack,and told him we don't want it.

Went to the said shop named Vikrant,later understood he is the distributor for those rack.Checked the model,and thats what i wanted,Quoted Rs.5000,with removable clamps.

Asked the regular accessory guy to fix new number plate,and told him we don't want roof rack,and Left the shop.

Went to Aero Roof rack shop.Showed us clamps and showed us roof rack for our car.It took 30 minutes to install roof rack on my car.Its easy to fix and remove,placed tyre tube rubber between clamps and body surface to avoid racks.
Roof rack has retractable side support,to hold luggage,to hold the luggage.
Let the pictures talk now.

Attachments

Ha ha. So finally you got one. All's well that ends well.

Looks pretty sleek. Awaiting review. Have a nice trip.

ahh you ended up finaly with a roof rack. That looks good. MW is that detachable can you put a close up photo of clamps.

Top Bottom