Modified Ritz - My White Stallion

Thread Starter #1
Have been driving the Ritz LDI for almost 4 months now. have crossed 9000 kms .

The mileage which I am getting is 14.5 with AC on in city conditions . The new LDI came with a promise of 23 kmpl but haven't touched 20 yet (need advice on this front from fellow members as to how to increase the mileage ) .

Have done the normal things like changing air filter , driving on 5th gear when speed reaches 40 kms etc but still no considerable improvement on mileage part .

The ride quality has been excellent throughout and with all tall people in family it feels comfortable and airy too .

Have done some modifications recently - Sand Dust Black Cover on roof ,
Stanley seat covers , have put in stickers on the sides and yes Alloys of X 2.

Have done the company integrated Alpine Music System on the LDI model.

Will be posting the pics and would need feedback as to what more can be done .

As the Alloys are losing the shine the accessories shop has told that they would be pain them with a combination of white and black ( would like to take advice on this , that whether after paint the shine would remain for considerable period).

Wishing everyone happy driving and do give the feedback .

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: White Stallion - Ritz with modifications

Welcome to TAI.Your RITZ looks good.Where from you did the roof job in kolkata and cost of it?

Thread Starter #3

Hey. I do all the accessories work from Xtreme. my friend who also purchased the same car has done all his accessories work from Xtreme. Will be visiting their outlet near Gariahat again for Teflon quoting. Also they will do some painting on my Alloys.

Did you like the Roof job, they recommended to go for Sand Dust because it has the glistening effect. it costed me 4k

Hey .... I do all the accesorries work from Xtreme ... my friend who also purchased the same car has done all his accessories work from Xtreme . Will be visiting their outlet near Gariahat again for Tafflon quoting .... Also they will do some painting on my Alloys ....

Did you like the Roof job ... they recommended to go for Sand Dust because it has the glistening effect ... it costed me 4k
xtream,that is near ruby crossing?ya i like roof job and alloy an i m also planing do so in my fiesta.Today only i installed bosche dual horn from xpression.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #5

xtream,that is near ruby crossing?ya i like roof job and alloy an i m also planing do so in my fiesta.Today only i installed bosche dual horn from xpression.
xtreme its not near ruby. near ruby you have another one. also xtreme has another outlet in salt lake near city centre. can you show some pics of your car

Hey your Ritz looks cool. Post some daylight clear pics too. Also, how are the X2 alloys? I came to know of this brand from snapdeal, not sure how good/bad the are. Also, just a suggestion, please do not type with excessive dots...like...this!!

Thread Starter #7
Hey your Ritz looks cool. Post some daylight clear pics too. Also, how are the X2 alloys? I came to know of this brand from snapdeal, not sure how good/bad the are. Also, just a suggestion, please do not type with excessive dots...like...this!!
x2 is good . Bought it for 18 k but in extreme they were available for 14ks . The shine though is going away pretty fast and that is the reason why the accessories shop will do the paint job on the alloys .

@freaksdude - which car do you own . Also what do you suggest on the mileage part . And do you think any further modifications specifically to do with the Head Light . How good would be the HID s or is there anything cheaper with white lights .pls sugest

x2 is good . Bought it for 18 k but in extreme they were available for 14ks . The shine though is going away pretty fast and that is the reason why the accessories shop will do the paint job on the alloys .
I too had a doubt on their quality part as I had never come across this brand before seeing it on Snapdeal.

@freaksdude - which car do you own . Also what do you suggest on the mileage part . And do yu think any further modifications specifically to do with the Head Light . How good would be the HID s or is there anything cheaper with white lights .pls sugest
Buddy, i own a humble Etios G Petrol. Can't comment much on the FE but looks OKisg to me. A fellow member Gurrala owns a Ritz D too so he can share much more details on FE. If going for HIDs stick to 5000/6000 max as anything above that gets bluish. As a cheaper option you can go for 100/90 bulbs with relay and ceramic holders.

Congrats frnd,
I have covered 40 k in my ritz- mileage is same as yours, After shifting to K&N filter I got some better mileage- 16km/lt in city and 18 km/lit in highway(keeping a speed of 70km maximum)
Pls post some pics at sunlight

Hi Rahine,

Congrats on your Ritz buy. Well regarding the FE i think its bit on the lower side considering its a Diesel. If its bumper 2 bumper traffic then this figure is reasonable but then how much do you get on highways?

I own a Ritz petrol and has clocked 37K on odo and gets mileage of 14 in city drive with AC ON for 80% time and on highways it will be 18-19 with 100% AC ON.

My rules are simple for better FE - no hard acceleration, no spirited driving, max speed of 80Km/hr, up shift @2000rpm. Hope this helps! [:)]

Thread Starter #12
Hi Rahine,

Congrats on your Ritz buy. Well regarding the FE i think its bit on the lower side considering its a Diesel. If its bumper 2 bumper traffic then this figure is reasonable but then how much do you get on highways?

I own a Ritz petrol and has clocked 37K on odo and gets mileage of 14 in city drive with AC ON for 80% time and on highways it will be 18-19 with 100% AC ON.

My rules are simple for better FE - no hard acceleration, no spirited driving, max speed of 80Km/hr, up shift @2000rpm. Hope this helps! [:)]
Yu are getting a great mileage .On petrol such high FE is worth appreciating .

Last edited:
Thread Starter #13
Congrats frnd,
I have covered 40 k in my ritz- mileage is same as yours, After shifting to K&N filter I got some better mileage- 16km/lt in city and 18 km/lit in highway(keeping a speed of 70km maximum)
Pls post some pics at sunlight
what would the K and N filter cost . Would it be really worth it or is that the driving needs to be corrected a bit . Also Frends pls suggest that will the black roof cover have any negative effect on the roof paint ?

Thread Starter #14

Pls have a look my white beauty.[embarass]
Nice pic . Your car get up looks awesome . Also I have asked in the earlier message please suggest that whether the roof cover will have any negative effect on the roof paint ?
Also how would a paint on my alloys work out . Will it give it a bold look and be a head turner of sorts if the colour combination on the alloys work or should i remain without painting the alloys?

Last edited:

Nice pic . Your car get up looks awesome . Also I have asked in the earlier message please suggest that whether the roof cover will have any negative effect on the roof paint ?
Also how would a paint on my alloys work out . Will it give it a bold look and be a head turner of sorts if the colour combination on the alloys work or should i remain without painting the alloys?
Roof job will not create any problem in paint and if u want to remove it u can do it easily.in which colour u want to paint alloys?ur car is already a head turner.enjoy ur ride.

Top Bottom