Installing Aftermarket Electronic Open/Close ORVM in Ertiga

Thread Starter #1
I got my LUV a couple of weeks ago. Yesterday, While I was driving the driver side ORVM banged with the oncoming Honda City. The inner mirror and outer plastic cover of the driver side broke and fell on the road. Now I have to get a new ORVM as driving without it is not possible for me.

I was thinking if I can get the ORVM's which can be opened and closed from inside (electronically), then it would be very helpful. If we close the ORVM in traffic then its much easy and safe to pass through the traffic jam.

So, my question is that is there any aftermarket setup or any part that can be installed from Maruti Service Center. As I have to purchase a new ORVM now so I don't mind paying a little extra for this feature.

Thread Starter #2
Today I went for the first service and also asked the price of the driver side mirror. They said that its Rs.5500. I think that's a lot of price for a side mirror. I have to buy it from some other local shop. Hope it comes for less.

Today I went for the first service and also asked the price of the driver side mirror. They said that its Rs.5500. I think that's a lot of price for a side mirror. I have to buy it from some other local shop. Hope it comes for less.
New vehicle. You may lose a no claim bonus of 2K or so (next year), but you get an original mirror itself right? Why you have to go for Local ones?

Thread Starter #4
I asked the insurance guy in the maruti service center and he said even if I take a claim then also I have to pay Rs. 3800 for it. The plastic part's price is covered half under the insurance and also I have to pay Rs. 1000 extra for taking a claim. So, I would search outside first if I can get an original(or a good quality) mirror at a good price or else I have to pay Rs. 3800 and take a claim.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was thinking if I can get the ORVM's which can be opened and closed from inside (electronically), then it would be very helpful. If we close the ORVM in traffic then its much easy and safe to pass through the traffic jam.
It is very unsafe to drive with folded ORVMs. Also if you keep them folded the chances are other vehicle may bang/scratch your door, a hit which ORVM would take if kept open.

Thread Starter #6
It is very unsafe to drive with folded ORVMs. Also if you keep them folded the chances are other vehicle may bang/scratch your door, a hit which ORVM would take if kept open.
I am just talking to fold them when there is a traffic jam as the open side mirrors mostly break or get scratched in situations like these. Moreover, open side mirrors slow down the speed of moving in a jam so the jam increases. I fold both mirrors manually but it would be better if the electronic ones could be installed.

I am just talking to fold them when there is a traffic jam as the open side mirrors mostly break or get scratched in situations like these. Moreover, open side mirrors slow down the speed of moving in a jam so the jam increases. I fold both mirrors manually but it would be better if the electronic ones could be installed.

Secondly, driving with closed mirrors are just not agreeable, be it what. That’s again on the cost of safety of the fellow occupants on the road.

Now coming to your question, upgrading to Retractable ORVMs would be a good idea, provided that’s used only for such tight situations of cross other vehicles on narrow roads and parking on tight slots or while the vehicle is stationary, to avoid any accidental damages by others. However, can’t say whether the purpose would really justify the price for it.

Thread Starter #8
I used to have insurance of all my cars but once my indica had an accident with a tractor. Total cost of repairing was around 40000 and the insurance paid only 11000. After that I never purchased a complete insurance and started purchasing only third party insurance. But all the insurance agents denied to give TP and insisted for comprehensive insurance.

Thread Starter #9
I inquired at a local shop today and he said that I can get the back cover alone for 200-300 Rs but it will come in black color only and the mirror is also available separately. The Ertiga's cover was not available with him right now so I will get it in 2-3 days. I think that the total would be around 500-600. [:D]

I inquired at a local shop today and he said that I can get the back cover alone for 200-300 Rs but it will come in black color only and the mirror is also available separately. The Ertiga's cover was not available with him right now so I will get it in 2-3 days. I think that the total would be around 500-600. [:D]
Hey you can get the back cover as chrome plated from ebay. for automatic folding try to get the kit of new SX4 that will work for ertiga. even I broke the ORVM once in a small service road. but my luck the cover was saved but the LED turn light and mirror broke had cost me 1500 rs.

Thread Starter #11
@K!NkY.......My indicator LED lights are fine and working. Just the mirror and the back cover fall on the road. I am pretty sure that both of them may not have broken but at that day I didn't have the time to stop and pick them up. Now I regret [cry] if I had stopped and picked them up that day then it would have saved me a lot of time and money.

[:D]Got the mirror and cover today. The quality is not so good but the price is too good. The cover is black and I have to get it painted white, so no problem with the looks of the cover. But the mirror is not like the original. The objects distance is looking same as they are so there is a problem in driving like this as the view is very less. I am planning to get only the mirror installed from MASS and fix this back cover.

Anybody have any idea what would only mirror cost from MASS. If anybody here get this mirror fitted in any car then please tell me the price so I would have an idea of Ertiga's cost.

BTW, Ertiga has same ORVM as the New Swift.

Last edited:
@K!NkY.......My indicator LED lights are fine and working. Just the mirror and the back cover fall on the road. I am pretty sure that both of them may not have broken but at that day I didn't have the time to stop and pick them up. Now I regret [cry] if I had stopped and picked them up that day then it would have saved me a lot of time and money.

[:D]Got the mirror and cover today. The quality is not so good but the price is too good. The cover is black and I have to get it painted white, so no problem with the looks of the cover. But the mirror is not like the original. The objects distance is looking same as they are so there is a problem in driving like this as the view is very less. I am planning to get only the mirror installed from MASS and fix this back cover.

Anybody have any idea what would only mirror cost from MASS. If anybody here get this mirror fitted in any car then please tell me the price so I would have an idea of Ertiga's cost.

BTW, Ertiga has same ORVM as the New Swift.
Hey Sunny. I did change mirror of my ertiga from MGA it cost me 400 rs but it looked the same as orginal. I do not see any difference. Is that a after market mirror you bought? For the cover let it be black buy a chrome cover over it so it looks good. If you go for painting it would cost you another 2k.

Thread Starter #13
Thanks Kinky. 400 Rs. seems good. I will buy the mirror from the service center and replace the aftermarket one. I personally don't like chrome mirrors so I will get it painted. 2K for painting just the mirror is costly. I am going today to give the cover for painting (Not in the MASS) and I'll update the paint cost later. I got the aftermarket mirror for Rs. 120 and the cover for Rs. 200 [:D]

Thread Starter #14
Went to the Painter and he is asking Rs. 300 to paint the ORVM cover after matching the exact shade with computer. I'll try at 1-2 other shops tomorrow and if nobody paints for less than this then I'll get it painted for Rs. 300. So total cost would be 200+120+300+400=1020. I am adding Rs. 400 as I will get the mirror changed at MASS again.

Went to the Painter and he is asking Rs. 300 to paint the ORVM cover after matching the exact shade with computer. I'll try at 1-2 other shops tomorrow and if nobody paints for less than this then I'll get it painted for Rs. 300. So total cost would be 200+120+300+400=1020. I am adding Rs. 400 as I will get the mirror changed at MASS again.
Hey Sunny that is a good deal for paint job go ahead and keep us updated

Top Bottom