A Question About COB Chip Light

Thread Starter #1
Hi,

I just installed COB Chip lights on the roof in my new Ertiga. Previously I also installed this light in my i10 and its working fine till now. But I am confused about one thing - In Ertiga when we open and close the doors, the roof lights do not instantly switch on and off, they have a dimming light effect. So, if anybody using these lights in Ertiga please tell me that will these lights be safe with this dimming effect or not. These lights are a bit costly :tongue: that's why I am worried a little.

Hi,

I just installed COB Chip lights on the roof in my new Ertiga. Previously I also installed this light in my i10 and its working fine till now. But I am confused about one thing - In Ertiga when we open and close the doors, the roof lights do not instantly switch on and off, they have a dimming light effect. So, if anybody using these lights in Ertiga please tell me that will these lights be safe with this dimming effect or not. These lights are a bit costly :tongue: that's why I am worried a little.
Hey Sunny,

Can you brief what is COB light. What I know COB is Chip on board which produces pezo electric pulse. For example watch, clock they use cob inorder that the seconds needle move around for every second. the COB provides the pulse power every 1 second. Can you please post a picture of it.

Thread Starter #3
COB chip lights are much much brighter than the led lights and also they last longer than led's. Six months ago I installed them in my i10 and after watching the output, I installed them in each of my cars but confused about the dimming effect of Ertiga. Here is a picture of COB light for your reference:

BTW, I also sell them on ebay [;)] but I don't know if I can put that link here for the details.

COB chip lights are much much brighter than the led lights and also they last longer than led's. Six months ago I installed them in my i10 and after watching the output, I installed them in each of my cars but confused about the dimming effect of Ertiga. Here is a picture of COB light for your reference:

BTW, I also sell them on ebay [;)] but I don't know if I can put that link here for the details.
Ok got it. can you put the ebay link here so it will be useful for fellow TAIan's. Also can you post a video and picture of the COB light when illuminated?

Ertiga comes with theater dimming light effect I am not sure how that effects the cob?

Thread Starter #5
Ok got it. can you put the ebay link here so it will be useful for fellow TAIan's. Also can you post a video and picture of the COB light when illuminated?

Ertiga comes with theater dimming light effect I am not sure how that effects the cob?
Here are the ebay links:

8 Watt, 12 Volt COB Chip LED light Dome / Roof Light 10 X Brighter than SMD LED | eBay
5 Watt, 12 Volt COB Chip LED light Dome / Roof Light 10 X Brighter than SMD LED | eBay

I am planning to install the 8W at the rear and 5W at front. I want to make sure they'll work fine in Ertiga then I'll install them. I'll post the images and video of i10 tonight. If I installed them in Ertiga also (which I think I will) then I'll post the images and the video of Ertiga tonight. [cheers]

Thread Starter #6
Finally installed them yesterday and WOW my LUV looks much sexier now. In Ertiga, the lights switch on slowly when we unlock the doors from remote. Now my LUV welcomes me with shine when I unlock it. You won't believe that I sold 3 lights in 5 minutes just standing there and watching my LUV [:D] .

Sorry I couldn't take the pictures as my mobile battery went dead just on time. Will definitely click the pictures tonight and post here.

Thread Starter #7
Made a short video but its not clear. The light is showing much less in it but you can have an idea. I'll click more pictures and videos at my home garage may be on Monday. Till now the lights are working good and the theater dimming effect is also working. I had put the 5watt lights in both front and rear light. Have a look at the video:

Ertiga With COB Chip Roof Lights - YouTube

Top Bottom