Advice On Buying Tyres Online

Thread Starter #1
I just wanted to get feedback/opinion about experience in buying tyres online in India if anybody has done that before.

There are websites like these below which claim to sell tyres online & deliver those very promptly & efficiently. Has anyone ordered before?

ChangeMyTyre- India

Buy Tyres Online | Tyre Price in India

Secondly almost all tyres end with word "Tubeless" so what exactly does that mean? I know there is something called Tubeless Tyre. But I have mostly seen people using regular Tyres with separate inner tubes.

IMHO please get your tyres from a retail outlet because tyres comes with warranty and it will be difficult to claim them in a online store.plus even though i am an online buyer i really doubt about the product they deliver in tyres.what will you do if you are not satisfied.the people in retails lets you choose the best tyre that suits your taste and requirement.

there are two types of tyres:tube and tubeless

tube tyres have a tube inside the tire to hold the air whereas the tubeless tyre hold the air by their own.

i prefer to get tubeless tyres only in radials and not in nylons.they perform really bad in nylons.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is good to check the prices and to by tires that you cannot find locally.

The prices do not include installation, wheel alignment and wheel balancing.You can get a deal that includes the price of tires and all of these services as a package deal locally.You can use the prices you find online to bargain better.

Tubeless tires come with the inner rubber tubes.If you do go for tubeless tires fill them up with nitrogen.

I just wanted to get feedback/opinion about experience in buying tyres online in India if anybody has done that before.

There are websites like these below which claim to sell tyres online & deliver those very promptly & efficiently. Has anyone ordered before?

ChangeMyTyre- India

Buy Tyres Online | Tyre Price in India

Secondly almost all tyres end with word "Tubeless" so what exactly does that mean? I know there is something called Tubeless Tyre. But I have mostly seen people using regular Tyres with separate inner tubes.
One thing to remember is that online tyre purchase might be cheap by a couple of hundred rupees but I guess you will have to take these to the tyre shop to get fitted and fitting charges would make up for the difference.

Thread Starter #7
Thanks! got Good year radial tyres (Hi miller) 165/65/R13 set of 4 replaced from a retail outlet done just about an hour back. The offer which I got & found little funny was 20 litres of diesel free with set of 4 tyres, this offer is from the company Good year itself & not from the dealer! [:)]

Cost me Rs 3200 for each tube & tyre, this is not tubeless, although I had a long chat with the manger & he said lot of people these days prefer tubeless which is almost same cost apparently.

IMHO please get your tyres from a retail outlet because tyres comes with warranty and it will be difficult to claim them in a online store.plus even though i am an online buyer i really doubt about the product they deliver in tyres.what will u do if u r not satisfied.the people in retails lets you choose the best tyre that suits ur taste and requirement.

there are two types of tyres:tube and tubeless

tube tyres have a tube inside the tire to hold the air whereas the tubeless tyre hold the air by their own.

i prefer to get tubeless tyres only in radials and not in nylons.they perform really bad in nylons.
Yes go and get it from dealers, because then only you can see the quality of tire and decide.

Thread Starter #9
Yes go and get it from dealers, because then only you can see the quality of tire and decide.
Can you really decide anything about the quality of a tyre by looking at it ? [:)]

Frankly I wouldn't be able to tell a radial from an ordinary tyre by just looking at it, I will have to go by whats written on it.

Thanks! got Good year radial tyres (Hi miller) 165/65/R13 set of 4 replaced from a retail outlet done just about an hour back. The offer which I got & found little funny was 20 litres of diesel free with set of 4 tyres, this offer is from the company Good year itself & not from the dealer! [:)]

Cost me Rs 3200 for each tube & tyre, this is not tubeless, although I had a long chat with the manger & he said lot of people these days prefer tubeless which is almost same cost apparently.
You should have gone for tubeless tires, in case of severe puncture they can be used with a tube.So the benefits are quite high.

Thread Starter #11
While getting my Indica tyres replaced, the person who was doing it told me there could a problem with my front wheels "Ball Bearings" & "Ball joints" & said that those might need replacement & asked me to check with some mechanic who was an expert. The tyre dealer manager also told me it has to be done prior to wheel balancing & alignment if I plan to do that.

I checked with my usual mechanic & he just says since it involves opening the front suspension & car is 10+ years old just replace both front bearings Rs 800 each, both ball joints 350 each & also suspension bush kit not sure what that means! Labour about 1K

Anybody gotten the above done before & knows about all these? Any tips/pointers/advice? Thanks

Last edited:

Top Bottom