Headlight Bulbs for Civic

Thread Starter #1
Hi guys,

I wanted to buy backup bulbs for my Civic because high beam bulbs (HB3) of my Civic fused one by one. I used one Sylvania bulb provided as spare by Honda. And another (Sylvania) I got from Honda Service Center @927/- (Parts + 100/- labor).

I sent someone from office to buy good quality HB3 and HB4 bulbs to keep as spare. He got:

* 2 Nos. Philips HB4 Vision (Premium) Buy Philips HB4 Vision (Premium) Upgrade • e-PitStop
* 2 Nos. Philips HB3 Vision (Premium) Buy Philips HB3 Vision (Premium) Upgrade • e-PitStop

Now, my question is, should I keep them as spare or, if it improves the vision should I got them installed and keep Sylvania bulbs as spare.

Also I hope slightly higher watt bulbs (55w & 65w in place of 51w & 60w) will not do any damage to wiring and reflectors. Right?

Please reply.

You can have them as spare....slight watt difference will not affect your wiring or your reflector.

If you find any problem in the electricals or drop in your battery, you will need to connect a relay and the necessary wiring.If any such things happens just take the car to a car electrician or to the Honda service station if the car is under warranty(normal/extended)as soon as possible.

Usually most cars come with 55/60 maybe the system cannot handle the extra 5w, who knows.Hence the precautionary steps were suggested.Also, do check out Osram night breaker Plus.People who have used them were pleased.

http://auto.zepo.in/Upgrades/Osram-Night-Breaker-Plus-HB4-55W--double--9006--id-117947.html

Any bulbs you get, make sure they emit yellow light.White light looks good, but the visibility in the rains is bad.

Last edited:
There will be not much difference in that. That 5 watt will not hurt your wiring. If you need better visibility go for 90/100 watt with relay kit. This is safe and will not burn your reflector.

Top Bottom