Seat Cover Options For New Swift

Thread Starter #1
Hi guys,
Greetings. Im buying a new swift car coming week and want to know my options for seat covers available in market.
Right now, only option I accessed is MGA leather seat covers - 5050 rs. p.s. it also matches the interiors.
Do I have other better options in similar budget.
Also Ive heard that leather seats are a pain in summers. So what would you guys suggest for me.
Requirements:
Less Maintenance
Decent looks to match with all-black-with-silver-linings interiors of swift?
Thanks.

BTW. Happy Fathers Day. Celebrate the special day with your awesome dad...[:)][;)][:)]

350Z

Core Team
Greetings. Im buying a new swift car coming week and want to know my options for seat covers available in market.
Congratulations on new Swift. Don’t forget sharing a detailed buying and ownership experience with us.

Right now, only option I accessed is MGA leather seat covers - 5050 rs. p.s. it also matches the interiors.
There are several aftermarket leather / art-leather options to choose from (Autoform, Ovion, Dolphin etc). There's no harm in considering MGA either if they look good enough.

Also Ive heard that leather seats are a pain in summers. So what would you guys suggest for me.
Seats become hot if the car is parked under direct sunlight for long. The solution is to park under a shade and turn on A/C when back. They’ll be fine within a few minutes.

Drive Safe,
350Z

There are a lot of options instead of art leather seats.Go to the car accessories market and inquire for the same.

There are seat covers made of Jute that are getting quite popular, you might want to check them out.They cost in the region of Rs2500-4000.

Swift seat covers

Hi,

when I bought the Swift in October, I went with some seat covers based on my friend's suggestion. They are silver + black and match the car's interior but are paper on top of rexin, so inevitably, the paper where the seat belt rubs against the seat back has starter to fall off the cover. Also, the balck seat covers are a bit troublesome in the summer when in contact with the skin.

I am recently seeing some seat covers that have this velvety finish in some cars. What to know what they are, suggest some brands and where to get them in Mumbai.

The MASS SA even suggested I just get some black polo neck t-shirts and put them on top of the existing seat covers. Thats a bright idea, as they can also be washed periodically. Any ideas on this?

Ameyam

Re: Swift seat covers

Hi,

when I bought the Swift in October, I went with some seat covers based on my friend's suggestion. They are silver + black and match the car's interior but are paper on top of rexin, so inevitably, the paper where the seat belt rubs against the seat back has starter to fall off the cover. Also, the balck seat covers are a bit troublesome in the summer when in contact with the skin.

I am recently seeing some seat covers that have this velvety finish in some cars. What to know what they are, suggest some brands and where to get them in Mumbai.

The MASS SA even suggested I just get some black polo neck t-shirts and put them on top of the existing seat covers. Thats a bright idea, as they can also be washed periodically. Any ideas on this?

Ameyam
What an idea sir ji [lol] MASS guys are learning from IIN ?. What about rear seat ?
Eagerly waiting to see that Jugaad.
Jokes apart. I will suggest you should not spoil the look of your interior . Please get some good quality and decent looking seat covers from the market.

Last edited:

Hi,

Like the MASS guy said, I can either live with that delamination or spend 5k now. The idea described above is to get around replacing the covers right away. If I buy the black colour t-shirt, it wont get noticed and I can live with minor expenditure

Alternatively, what are those velvet finish seats? I am seeing them in a lot of cars

Ameyam

Hi,

Like the MASS guy said, I can either live with that delamination or spend 5k now. The idea described above is to get around replacing the covers right away. If I buy the black colour t-shirt, it wont get noticed and I can live with minor expenditure

Alternatively, what are those velvet finish seats? I am seeing them in a lot of cars

Ameyam
I don't know the exact price. But i am sure the quality ones will be in the range of 4-5k. Alternatively you can buy fabric or those velvet finish average quality seat covers in approximately 2k.
Fabric seat covers will be very comfortable in summer season .

Last edited:
What brand are those?

Actually, my seat would be ok but for my habit of sitting very vertical while driving. I am just not comfortable leaning more back. It causes the belt to rub against the seat near the waist, that where it has delaminated. Al the rest is ok

Ameyam

Top Bottom