Tyre Upsize For Indica Turbo V2?

Thread Starter #1
My car is currently running with OE Bridgestone S322 165/65/R14. The front tyres are average but rear tyres developed cracks on the sidewalls. So decided to change 2 tyres only. Enquired with local tyre shop,

JK tyre Ultima Tubeless 165/65/R14 - 3750Rs
Jk tyre Tornado Tubeless 175/65/R14 - 3950Rs
Bridgestone S322 Tube type 165/65/R14 - 4550Rs.

Should I go for upsize or stick to OE size. Is that ok that front tyres with 175/65/R14 and rear tyre with 165/65/R14. Also, checked ChangeMyTyre- India the price seems to be low and think of purchasing through website. But anyhow will decide from your advices.

@linkin

You cannot upsize onlly two tyres, you need to do all four. Indica V2 stock size is good and there is not need for an upsize.

If you are not happy with BS, then check MRF,JK,Appolo

If you want quiteness go for Michelin.Else stick with Bridgestone.

You can upsize if the larger tire does not foul the wheel wells on full load and full steering lock.

Also make sure the wider tires can be fit on your rims.Do not change sizes on only two tires, change them all over else the ride will feel unbalanced.

Try to get the tires locally, because Changemytyre prices do not include installation,wheel alignment and wheel balancing(WAWB) .

Try to go to a lot of local tire stores and bargain and get a good price on the tires+installtion+WAWB.

Thread Starter #4
@Gurrala74, @jarpickle
Ok will stick to its OEM size. I am happy with Bridgestone but want to try another tyre brand. Regarding changemytyre, yeah you'r correct we can bargain with our local shop and get discounts. Will drop the idea of purchasing through online.

I have had bad experiences with JK, with MRF you will find a slight downgrade than your current Bridgestones.

Michelin makes tires in the 175/65 R14 size none in the stock 165/65R14.You need a minimum rim width of 5J to fit these rims.You would need to check if the wheel scrapes the body in full load and full steering lock.(turn the steering from one side to another)

Thread Starter #6
Forget to update. After a long dilemma bought Kenda tyre from Changemytyre.com got delivered in 3 days. First impression is good, lets role it and tell the comment. May be tomorrow will fit the tyre. Size is 175/65/14.

@jarpickle I think 165/65R14 is small tyre for Indica DLG. For 14 inch rim the size starts from 175/65/14, So I sticked to it. I need to check whether the wheel scraps or not. Will update after fitting the tyre. Some pictures.

Attachments

Please do update about the scraping issue.

Also write about the experience with the new tires.This brand is unknown in the Indian market.So give us an ownership review about it.

Update the tire thread every 5000kms.Will give others an idea about this tire.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #8
Finally, fitted yesterday. The initial impression was super. The braking was good in both wet and dry condition[clap]. There is no noise from the tyres and the car feels silent. A worth buy.
Fitment cost:
Alignment = 250
Balancing = 200
Weight = 200[shock]
Puncture for 1 tube = 80
Total 630 RS.

jarpickle said:
Please do update about the scraping issue.
The tyres doesn't scrap the body while turning left or right[:)]. But, will have to check with full loads.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #14
jarpickle said:
Why are you using it with tubes?
My OE rim is made only for tube type and I also have some bents in it. So for safe I sticked to tube type. I also used to drive the car in my villages where there is no soft roads.

Are you sure, I have used tubless tires on OE rims for over two years now.

Bad roads are a real pain in the backside.Especially in the rains.

Top Bottom