K&N Stock Air Filter For Maruti Alto

Thread Starter #1
Guys, I'm planning to put a K&N stock air filter for my Maruti Alto (07 model) which has done around 25k kms. I just want to know what the gains will be and if there are, Will it be worth spending 3.5k for this small engine?

Please check the following link to better understand how K&N and other performance filters really work :
Air Filtration Test

If you are doing other modifications like free flow exhaust and plan on using your car on the track,there are no benefits.Instead just clean the stock filter every 500kms and replace it every 5000kms.Remember to change the oils and other fluids every 5000kms as well and your car will perform better.

Ps:I am using a free flow exhaust with the stock filter and it works great.With K&N or other such filters your car will sound great it will perform a little better too, but for the price and the kind of damage it does to your car in the long run it is not recommended.

Thread Starter #3
jarpickle - Yes i've seen the link before itself. No i am not planning to do any mods. I'm just going to install the air filter and nothing else. I was only worried about the last point. That's why i asked you guys if it's worth it. Thanks.

Top Bottom