Alloys For Verna Fluidic - Need Suggestion For Designs

Thread Starter #1
Hey friends,
I am planning to get alloys for my verna on its 1st birthday i.e on 28.06.2013. [:D] So need your suggestions regarding designs of the alloys.

Budget: till 20k
Brand: any type but must be strong enough to hold the pressure as roads here in Shimla are very bad.
Size: 16 inches
Preference: black in colour
Place from where i will buy: Chandigarh.

One more question, does my stock tyres i.e 185/65/r15 will fit in 16 inches as there is still some rubber left in tyre or i have to replace the tyres too.
My next purchase will be of bridgestone potenza 205/65/r16 as some of my friends have installed bridgestone potenza in their rides and are happy with their performance. Purchasing will be done between 20 to 25 june so i have sufficient time to select the best.
Also dip dish alloys are welcome in suggestion as i like them too
Please help me in selecting the right one.
Here are the sample pics for the designs like my choice.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

Last edited:
Re: Alloys for verna fluidic- need suggestion for designs

I dont see both of the above designs gelling with the "fluidic" character of Verna. Try alloys with multi-spokes.

Something like :

a3.jpg

a4.jpg

a2.jpg

a1.jpg

Thread Starter #3

Thanks for the reply freakdude. I liked 1st and the last one. What about deep dish and semi deep dish alloys? Will it look good on verna fluidic?

Thanks for the reply freakdude. I liked 1st and the last one. What about deep dish and semi deep dish alloys? Will it look good on verna fluidic?
I personally would avoid deep-dish ones on a sleek sedan (rather any sedan) like Verna, they suit better to SUVish vehicles. You may go for matte black ones with a red lip.

Thread Starter #5
Hmmmm, i have seen some altos and santro with deep dish one, they were looking good. and can i fit my stock tyres into 16 inchers as i will be upgrading tyres after finishing stock tyres.

Hmmmm, i have seen some altos and santro with deep dish one, they were looking good. and can i fit my stock tyres into 16 inchers as i will be upgrading tyres after finishing stock tyres.
If some deep dish design really appeals to you then there's no harm in trying that out to see how it looks.

Regarding fitting 15" tires on 16" rims, I am no expert here, but I guess we can't do that and we SHOULD NOT force that too. Post a side profile of your ride so that the PS experts can help you with some designs.

OT : I am coming near your town this weekend, Kasauli. [:)]

If you constantly drive at high speeds try to get a V rated tire.

You will need to buy 16" wheels to fit the 16'' tire.Check for clearance issue on the rims at full load at the rear and lock to lock up front.If there is clearance issue you might have to go with low profile tires.The ride quality will suffer when the sidewall size is decreased.

Get a set of wheels that carry a warranty because alloys do tend to crack.Get a reputed brand that has a base in India and is not a fly by night operator.Although cheap will cause a lot of headaches in the future.

Get the wheel alignment and balancing done as well as check the if the rims are centered properly or get the centering rings to avoid play in the rims.
For more information on the same:Why you should use the Hub Centric Rings? - HubCentric-Rings.com

Thread Starter #9
Freakdude: i will click a pic as it is raining at present. Chilling weather which is a relief. and Kasauli is approx 80kms away from Shimla which is 3hrs run, you will get a relief from cruel sun as NCR region is burning like hell these days.

Swift&furious: thanks for the reply bro, and regarding my stock tyres i don't think so that i will get a good amount to replace my tires at present. Confused to get tires too with alloys as i have to increase my budget or should i use the stock tyres first which will delay my plan 6 months ahead. [anger] BTW that lenso alloy looks great but i dont think so that i can find it easily in and around Chandigarh and please do share the cost if you can.

Jarpickle: here in Shimla driving constantly at 40km/hr is also not possible because of road conditions as well as due to tighter roads. I have one more question to ask, will 16 inches improves the ground clearance because i have scratched my cars bottom many times, which hurts alot. As main reason to get 16 inchers is to improve my ground clearance. I dont want to tkae a chance with suspensions. [:)]

Swift&furious: thanks for the reply bro, and regarding my stock tyres i don't think so that i will get a good amount to replace my tires at present. Confused to get tires too with alloys as i have to increase my budget or should i use the stock tyres first which will delay my plan 6 months ahead. [anger] BTW that lenso alloy looks great but i dont think so that i can find it easily in and around Chandigarh and please do share the cost if you can.
The lenso would set you somewhere close to 32K for 5 wheels and this is a discounted price(the max we could bargian) however it was for a chevy cruze and was a kind of compromised deal by the dealer in chennai, looking into your current situation i would tell you to pick 15 inches and fit it on to the stock tyres, if the width is more than 6.55J your stock tyres by default would look a bit bigger on the alloys than on your stock rims

By the way 15 has more varietes and you have a safe bet on your warranty too, if and only you are very specific on the low stance look and increased handling go for 16 or else the 15 would do the job just fine

Simple, in 15 you get the same comfort with a bit of compromise or same handling
In 16 you get a bit more good handling capability with comparatively lesser road comfort ,and by the way if you opt for 15 you can straight away go for a fit with no budget constrains as that all that matters [;)]

Thread Starter #11
The lenso would set you somewhere close to 32K for 5 wheels and this is a discounted price(the max we could bargian) however it was for a chevy cruze and was a kind of compromised deal by the dealer in chennai, looking into your current situation i would tell you to pick 15 inches and fit it on to the stock tyres, if the width is more than 6.55J your stock tyres by default would look a bit bigger on the alloys than on your stock rims

By the way 15 has more varietes and you have a safe bet on your warranty too, if and only you are very specific on the low stance look and increased handling go for 16 or else the 15 would do the job just fine

Simple, in 15 you get the same comfort with a bit of compromise or same handling
In 16 you get a bit more good handling capability with comparatively lesser road comfort ,and by the way if you opt for 15 you can straight away go for a fit with no budget constrains as that all that matters [;)]
Lenso will be out of my budget but i think i will get good set of alloys in neo or plati.
If budget permits i will go for 16 inches with new set of tyres or without any choice i have to opt for 15 inchers.
Till then i will look for more choice and one more question can you tell me the maximum tyre size updation in 15 inches i can have. Thanks in advance. [:D]

If you drive slow and on bad roads go for a 15 inch tire with a taller sidewall.It will give you more mileage and higher GC(ground clearance) as well.

If the taller sidewall doesn't help then you will have to get suspension spacers.

As for the tires, only the S322 from bridgestone will give you considerable increase in GC but the size is 195/70 R15.You're sidewall height will have increased 16.25mm which will cause sidewall flex.These tires are tube tires so am not sure if they are compatible with alloy wheels.You could solve the tire flex to a certain limit by using alloys but as far as I know alloys need tubless tires.

Alternatively the 195/65 R15 will increase the GC by just 6.5mm which won't solve your scraping issue.

16" rims seems the better alternative, since your friends have fitted it on the same car as your you can take a test drive in their car and turn the wheels from one side to another and check for scraping on full load in the front and back.The suspension will also get stressed due to the bigger rims and you will see a speedo error.You can figure out the percentage by using gps.

If you do get alloys check the play, if there is untoward movement then you need to get the hub centric rings.

Thread Starter #13
Jarpickle: you are technically very sound. Hats off to you. I thinks i am now inclined towards 15 inches with 195/70/15 if i get the one tubeless or else i will settle with 195/65/15. Do i have any other choice??

One important thing to consider when buying tires that are taller than stock:Do not buy tall tires if your driving involves twists and turns especially at high speeds.

The other choice as you said would be to upgrade to 16".Why don't you test drive your friends car and check the clearance issue.

16" wheels will have its own set of unique problems.There will be a slight drop in mileage as well.But it seems to be your best alternative.

Also check the minimum and maximum recommended rim width.

Last edited:

You can opt for either 205/60/15 or 205/55/16 leaving all the technical stuff aside this 2 tyres can fit in you car with no issues, if you are specific on ride quality go for 15 and 16 does gives you a good ride feel on highways but a definite no for bad tarmac

So if you are upgrading from you stock tires to 205/60/15 the difference in circumference would be 17.28mm which is lesser than 1 % error

and a change to 195/60/15 the difference in circumference would be -20.42mm which is with -1.05 error and as you know anything within 2% is fine and will have no impact

so go for 15" as of now so that you can mount it on the stock tyres and later select from both sizes ( 195/60/15 or 205/60/15 )

All the very best and do upload the pics after the install [:)]

Top Bottom