Alert! Honda Amaze Spare Parts Prices

Thread Starter #1
Do you know the cost of wheel caps and mud flaps of Honda Amaze:

Wheel caps: Rs 8188.16 (Cost of Wheel Caps are 3426+4761 For nuts. You must change the original wheel nuts to fix the wheel caps for additional length nuts.)

Mud flaps 4nos 1487.45 + fixing charges 200+171 rs for clips and screws for mud flaps. Total = 1858.

Total cost of wheel caps and mud flaps are = 10,046.45
(All the prices of visakhapatnam Dealer Sundaram Honda)

Re: Alert with Honda AMAZE SPARES

Daylight robbery. Get it aftermarket or from e-bay. I saw lot of Amaze accessories on sale on e-bay.

Why buy Wheel Caps + Nuts for Rs 8K[frustration]. Add another 6-8K , buy alloys.

At this price, who would want to buy an OEM wheel caps? People can put few extra thousands and buy after market alloys [thinking]

Anshuman used the apt word - its Daylight robbery in real sense.

Oh !! God that is real "Looting" from Honda !! I am thinking that with what material they make these caps and nuts[lol]. Yes going for Alloys make more sense

Why the hell it requires anticorrosion treatment.why can't they provide it OE @such premium ex showroom price of a car ?

@james, please enquire about prices of fuel filter , oil filter, air filter , clutch , alternator etc..and post it here.

O was reading this thread along with a friend of mine, when we realised that a Honda CIty (NHC) fog lamps are 20K! I just dont get the reason behind insane pricing.

@james, please enquire about prices of fuel filter , oil filter, air filter , clutch , alternator etc..and post it here.
I think Amaze shares these parts with Brio. Maybe Brio owners can comment on same. Of course fuel and oil filter for diesel version might be more.

I have just finished 1st service for my brio so can not comment but regarding mud flaps and wheel covers i did know. The sales executive told me wheel cover nuts are special alloy made and each one cost 350 Rs i was also shocked hearing that thing and for mud flaps also he told it is 2000 rs.

Regarding operational spares i can say must be reasonable since for 2nd free service they told cost would be 1.2-1.3 K. Experts can make out than how much would be the oil filter and oil charge in that.

Did you check the box price of these items? Sometimes they charge more than MRP.
I got a set of wheel caps for my Spark for 550, Chevrolet was charging 1600.

[surprise] They are way to much expensive for bolts and wheel caps. I think no one would buy them at this cost and its no doubt better to go for alloys instead of getting them installed.

I am in Visakhapatnam A.P, and Sundaram Honda is the only dealer for Honda in Visakhapatnam. Bill copy attached
5.1K for Anti Corrosion treatment! IMHO this is also on the higher side. From my experience I can also say that Honda accessories are priced on the more, I also think that GR cost in case of Honda is also more than most other manufacturers. But, it seems Amaze is taking Honda maintenance to a new level [frustration].

It is high time we should get a regulatory body to check this senseless pricing otherwise these manufacturers will keep on doing this "daylight" robbery. I believe some time back I read a news item about High court asking an explanation from Honda, Hyundai and few more manufacturers behind high costs of these accessories, not sure what did they reply.

This is a good topic bought up by James22599.. while we are appreciating Amaze as a VFM product. behind the scenes HONDA is compensating the margins on Spares cost. Can turn out to be higher cost of ownership. a must consider for wannabe buyers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom