Area of Residence: Pune
Cars considered: i10 , WagonR
Car booked: i10
Variant: Era 1.1

Year of Mfg: May 2013
Fuel Type: Petrol
Color: carbon grey
Date of booking: 24 May 2013
Date of Delivery: June 2013 (1st week, car booked, few things to be finalized)
Freebies/Offer prevailing at the time of booking/delivery: corporate discount = 3k, cash discount 25k, 1 year Insurance - comprehensive, 1 year extended warranty, Seat Cover - stearing cover (not leather), Mats (jute), mud flaps,remote security system(hyundai provided), perfume, taflon coating, window tints,
Name of the Dealer: Sanjay Hyundai, Pune
Dealership Experience: Good
On Road price: 4.50L (excluding below additional accessories)

Hey guys is the above deal, is it good ? please let me know as soon as possible. The main thing I am really worried is about the Accessories Quotes that I got from dealer. Here are few details
Music System + 4 speakers - Hyundai default = 11000/-
I liked the 2 din system that comes with i10 upper models that's why I wanted this. The other 2 din's available in the market aren't too great or offer great price if I go for Pioneer or Sony.
Engine Vaxing, Stone Guard (under coat of black color 0.3mm), anti rusting = 5600/-
The dealer offered whole package of Taflon + vax + stone guard for 7500/-, but we got taflon free, therefore he reduced few bucks here
But this is where i am concerned , is it right ? or too expesive? and more importantly is it required ?
Fog Lamps - Hyundai default - 4000/-
I need this. Dealer told that the one's available in marker for 1200/- is not of good quality and sometimes they melt and burn wiring.
Seat Covers Leather - 2000/- (plain fit, no stiching)
The one's we got for free are originally for 2500/- (hyundai default one's). The leather one;s are costing around 4500/-, so we had to pay difference of amount 2000/- to go with leather seat covers.

Therefore overall cost of accessories = 11000+5600+4000+2000 = 22600/-

This is a big amount for accessories [cry]

Can you please guide me , where I can save ? or what I can avoid. Please reply as soon as possible. I have to finalize in 1 day.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Re: hyundai i10 accessories deal, Pune, India

IMO get the fog lamps, seat covers (only free ones) from the dealer.

Rest of things get from outside. Please note if you want to fit 2Din stereo from after market, you may need to procure spacer/panel/finisher additionally.

Thread Starter #3
First of all, thanks for reply. After 80 views I got 1 reply, people are lazy. But thanks to you [:D]
I request all viewers :p to jump in and help me out here.

i checked the prices outside

2 din music players without bluetooth
Sony and Pioneer - comes around 10k (no offer)
JVC - comes around 7k (offer is going on, i also get 2 sony speakers free) but looks very pathetic and I checked one in front of salesman, it was faulty and Keys were not soft. Overall very dodgy design.

Speakers
4 speakers of 260W Sony or 135W JBL - comes around 4k
having pretty average sound. I saw no significant improvement in sound quality from default hyundai ones
4 component speakers of Sony - comes around 8k
I really liked this one and these really do make difference.

So If I get a music system with what I like, the costing would go as
10000 (2 din sony/pioneer)
2000 (2 speakers of sony 260W)
4000 (2 component speakers of sony 260W)
===========
16000 (Total)
1000/1500 (max discount)
===========
14500 (FINAL)

Though I am ready to make adjustment with front 2 speakers as NON COMPONENT still budget is high. Also it doesn't make sense to keep it component and non component speakers together as the overall output won't be great.

Overall Hyundai default music system
Pros
Perfect fitting of 2 din
Bluetooth is there (have to confirm with dealer, but i think its there)
Cheap (4 speakers included)
Cons
Not very great sound

Overall outside music system
Pros
Good Music
Cons
High cost
2 din fitting will not be perfect
No Bluetooth

Therefore I decided to go with Hyundai ones. Please correct me if I am wrong. Help really appreciated.
Also do you think dealer price offered is costly or can be negotiated.

What about Under Coat + engine vaxing ? what is the cost available outside ? I have no idea about this one. Is 5600 worth paying ? Or even is vaxing and stoneguard (undercoat) necessary ?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
The teflon that dealer says is just a layer of wax coat that they do, also no need for engine vaxing and for under belly as well hyundai gives you 5 years anti corrussion warranty and is already been done from the factory itself, so noo need to spend on them,rather take addition cash discount on your car.
For music system,security system mattings mudflaps and all, the dealer would give you the price list saying all free assessories are worth 14k and if you dont opt for anything and ask for cash discount you would be given some 9k as thats their procuring costs.
Take seat covers if you are not planning for leather ones, along with mud flaps, mattings,HRS they have two models one with plastic casing and one with hard plastic and metal chrome one, later one is of better quality so see if thats been given opt for that.
Music system if you want double din, i would suggest you to get it done from outside itself double or single, as speakers are crappe from hyundai,nippons cone ones.
Try to take as much cash discount on accessories as you can and choose only thats needed from dealer.
I too brought i10 few months back , same carbon grey 1.1L Magna variant and it costed me with discounts and accessories 4.30L with 0% depreciation insurance, could not get extended warranty in the free list so see if you can bargain include that as well.

Thread Starter #5
Hi Vijay, thanks for the detailed reply.
I think that clears most of my doubts. [clap]

Just few questions.

Mine is Era 1.1 and its costing me around 4.5L
But as your deal, you got Magna 1.1 (a model up from era) for 4.3L

When exactly did you buy it ? and from where ? whats the name of the dealer ?
I checked almost all dealers and final price offered for Era 1.1 was not less than 4.5L. I think its because of recent increase of prices in automobile industry. (e.g. my friend booked i10 sportz for 5.40L)

Last edited:
Road Tax/Octroi/LBT varies from place to place, hence there will be price difference.

As far as accessories are concerned, even if you are going for OEM Hyundai HU, go for better speakers (at doors and parcel tray) to have good effect.

JVC 2 DIN HU is pretty good and I have in my car. SQ is not bad at all.

If you want touch screen with BT go for Sony/Pioneer.

All the best,
Anshuman

Just few questions.

Mine is Era 1.1 and its costing me around 4.5L
But as your deal, you got Magna 1.1 (a model up from era) for 4.3L

When exactly did you buy it ? and from where ? whats the name of the dealer ?
I checked almost all dealers and final price offered for Era 1.1 was not less than 4.5L. I think its because of recent increase of prices in automobile industry. (e.g. my friend booked i10 sportz for 5.40L)
I live in Ahmedabad and brought it here, mine is pre budget purchase and pre 2013 year as well, brought it on 31st december, its a second week december manufactured car so pre price lift pricing was in effect plus the year change gave me opportunity to bargain hard but still i gave in few more grands then needed for this colour else i was getting in the price of era, another shade if i had choosen.

Top Bottom