Maruti Ritz Headlamp Upgrades!! Need Help!

Thread Starter #1
Hi all,
I am planning to upgrade my cars headlamps,
currently fitted with :
Osram nightbreaker plus
55/60 Watts
H4.

Am planning to upgrade to 100 watt bulbs.
Please suggest the brand to go for,
Precautions to be followed during Installation,
Any particular brand of Relays and wiring's to be used.

FYI Am planning to install Roots relays, Which will be a plug and play set up no cutting/splicing of wires etc. Rest [confused] need help !!

Re: Headlamp Upgrades!! Need Help!

Philips is the best one you can find.

The only problem with 100/90 is that if your headlamp lends is made of plastic it will become yellow due to the extra heat generated by the higher wattage bulb.

Roots relays are good.Just make sure the bulb holders are made of CERAMIC or Chinni Matti.

Alternatively you can try Bosch relays and wiring kit or Philips relays and wiring kit.Try to get the heavy duty ones.

Ps:Please specify the car you want information about when you start a new thread.

Also take a look at this thread:

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/automotive-meets/12686-planning-tai-mumbai-pune-meet.html

Hope we can meet you there.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #3

Philips is the best one you can find.

The only problem with 100/90 is that if your headlamp lends is made of plastic it will become yellow due to the extra heat generated by the higher wattage bulb.

Roots relays are good.Just make sure the bulb holders are made of CERAMIC or Chinni Matti.
Alternatively you can try Bosch relays and wiring kit or Philips relays and wiring kit.Try to get the heavy duty ones.
Ps:Please specify the car you want information about when you start a new thread.
Also take a look at this thread:

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/automotive-meets/12686-planning-tai-mumbai-pune-meet.html

Hope we can meet you there.
Thanks for the info jarpickle [clap] Will try to get Ceramic bulb holders. And will have to check if philips wiring kit is available .
Sorry for not specifying the cars make , Its a Maruti ritz.
Any particular brand of ceramic holders that you recommend ?

Last edited:

Ohh btw, forgot to include Hella in the relay kit makers.

Please reply on the meet thread and confirm your participation.

Thanks

You're welcome.Please go through my first post and make sure you have read it thoroughly.

The plastic yellowing will rob you of light later and you will have to change the entire headlamps.

Please make sure this is a trade off that you can live with.

Thread Starter #7

^^ Did go through your 1st post thoroughly, And I think It won't be happening very early cause I don't do much night driving. And when I drive I want that extra illumination. I fell 55/60 watts is not enough.

It won't happen overnight, but over time it will.I just wanted to give you all the possible information.

Also please do not drive with high beams and please do not get white/blue bulbs.Yes they look good but visibility in rains in horrible.

Thread Starter #9
Re: Maurti Ritz Headlamp Upgrades!! Need Help!

I got my head lamp upgraded to 100/90 watts,
Relay used : Roots 30amps
Wiring harness used : roots
Bulbs : Philips rally (pretty bright they are[:D])
Over All cost including fitting charges : 1100/- Rs
No cutting or splicing done in the original wiring thus my warranty remains intact [clap].

Top Bottom