Need Help in Finding Spare Parts for Maruti Gypsy

Thread Starter #1
Hi, am new to the forum - hope this is the right sub-forum to post.

I am in Bangalore and need to find a reliable source of spare parts for my '98 gypsy king. The local garages always tell me its hard to source parts, and charge me high prices for "imported from Japan" parts. I don't know what to believe anymore regarding availability of genuine maruti parts.

Right now I need to find a replacement windshield washer fluid reservoir (the plastic tank). Its cracked at the bottom, all the fluid just leaks out.

Also need replacement corner bumper guards (the plastic pieces) for front bumper.

Thanks for any information - local shops in Bangalore, or warehouses that will courier the parts to me.

I think there are a lot of MGP stores that you can walk into and order things from their catalogue according to your car.

Varun and Anand are familiar with the shops in Bangalore.Will send them a message to look into this thread.

Alternatively, check out this link : http://www.mgp.co.in/
Click on the locate MGP exclusive outlets on the right hand side of that page.It will take you to a state and area selection.Brings up seven exclusive stores in Bangalore alone.

PS:Imported from Japan parts although expensive are worth every penny.Just make sure they come in the SGP packaging(suzuki genuine part) and not MGP.

Last edited:
Hi, am new to the forum - hope this is the right sub-forum to post.
I am in Bangalore and need to find a reliable source of spare parts for my '98 gypsy king.
Hi Nomad, Welocme to TAI. [:)]

You can source parts at Essar Automobiles (Lalbhag road / KR Road).
Or try JK automobiles at JC road.

I guess Gypsy has the same engine as in Esteem or 1000. So there would be no issues sourcing the parts.

Welcome to TAI Nomad.

You should be able to source MGP spares as Varun has mentioned.

If not anything else, try Gujri in Russel Market, Shivajinagar, where you get who lot of cheap used car parts at throwaway prices.

Cheers,
Anshuman

There is a mgp shop in chembur.
Western automobile .
No :- 02267656548
i am ordering spares from them.
P. S. I am from vadodara .
They are very helpful .

Hi Nomad,

Welcome to TAI,
If you are looking for MGP stores, here are a few

1. Essar automobiles (Near Bellandur on Outer Ring Road, near HSR Layout)
2. Essar Automobiles (Opp. Oorvashi Theatre, near MTR restaurant)
3. Popular Automobiles (Near Shanti Sagar, Domlur)

If gypsy parts are not available at MGP stores then its better if you look for a donor car (unused gypsy) & buy it off, so you get a whole car as a spares stock. If not gujri is also a good place to find them.

Ss80 (Anand)

Thread Starter #8
I called the MGP store Essarr Automotive near LalBagh Road, and they had all the items I wanted (front bumper moldings, windshield washer tank, lock set) in stock, so just drove over and picked them up.

Wish I had looked for a forum like this years ago, can't believe I took all the b.s. I have been getting from various garages here about Gypsy spare parts being unavailable.

Again, thanks a lot everyone for the information !!

Btw, does anyone know of reliable (professional) garages in east bangalore ? I am near CV Raman Nagar, have had regrettable experiences with the nearest Maruti licensed workshops in Kaggadasapura and Indiranagar. Going back to them a second time for any work seemed to make them think I was a sucker. :-(

Also, is there any such thing as a decent repair manual for the Gypsy King ? Not just something showing exploded assembly drawings for each part, but repair steps with photos :-). Would like to be able to do basic maintenance/repair work not affecting the engine/drive-train myself.

Hi all, I am in the process of restoring a 1999 Gypsy King. Please guide me in finding spares for Gypsy in and around Pune. I am also looking for a place where I can get the soft top repaired. The restoration seems to go out of budget hence trying to repair than replace most parts.
Thanks

Thanks jarpickle. Will check with the outlets.

Also do you have any idea of scrap yard in Pune or Mumbai. There is one juna bazaar in Pune but havent seen any 4 wheeler spares or parts for sale. It would be of great help since i am looking to replace few parts rather than the entire assembly.

Re: Gypsy modifications

I have purchased a Gypsy king I want to modify it I live in lucknow which will be the best market for it please guide me.
Hi, alizishantg, welcome to TAI.

Congrats on the Gypsy King, is it a ST or HT, please start a separate thread on your Gypsy, as more members can give inputs.

Regards

Vinod

Top Bottom