Installing Reverse Horn in Brand New Car

Thread Starter #1
Hi,

I got to know that it's not advisable to fit Reverse Horn in the Brand New Maruti Car, as the electric wire needs to be cut to fit the reverse horn which voids the electrical warranty of the car?

Is this true? Please experts view/suggestion on this.

Thanks,
Udaa

Re: Is it advisable to put Reverse Horn in a bran new Maruti Car?

My suggestion would be, try to manage without the reverse horn. Most of the times its a disturbance to others. Instead go for a reverse parking sensor.

Thread Starter #3

My suggestion would be, try to manage without the reverse horn. Most of the times its a disturbance to others. Instead go for a reverse parking sensor.
Okay thanks, but is this true that fitting a reverse horn voids the electrical warranty of the vehicle?

Any tampering with electrical systems of the car will be regarded as breach of warranty condition by the manufacturers.

Anything that plays with the electrical wiring of a brand new car and if it is damaged or cut then it voids the warranty.
And if you really want to put a reverse horn than why not get Autocop fitted by the dealer itself.

Thread Starter #6

Anything that plays with the electrical wiring of a brand new car and if it is damaged or cut then it voids the warranty.
And if you really want to put a reverse horn than why not get Autocop fitted by the dealer itself.
I had asked my dealer he says that if he fits the reverse horn it will be considered as warranty void, as he has to cut the electrical wire to attach the reverse horn.

What is that Autocop? sorry did not have idea on this.

Thanks,
Udaa

I had asked my dealer he says that if he fits the reverse horn it will be considered as warranty void, as he has to cut the electrical wire to attach the reverse horn.

What is that Autocop? sorry did not have idea on this.

Thanks,
Udaa
Well i don't know how come dealer is saying that warranty will be void whereas usually it does not if you get it from the dealer (i might be wrong).

Autocop is the central locking which also comes with reverse horn which activates when you engage the reverse gear.

I got the same fixed in our EON last month on it's delivery by Hyundai itself for Rs 3500/-

Thread Starter #8

Well i don't know how come dealer is saying that warranty will be void whereas usually it does not if you get it from the dealer (i might be wrong).

Autocop is the central locking which also comes with reverse horn which activates when you engage the reverse gear.

I got the same fixed in our EON last month on it's delivery by Hyundai itself for Rs 3500/-
I have the autocop fitted by the manufacturer, what i do not have is the reverse horn which am trying to see if i can fit without voiding the warranty.

Well you can't have reverse parking horn fitted from aftermarket and its definitely gonna void the warranty. So stay away from it, and you won't need it after some time be patient and enjoy your ride.

Reverse parking horn is ban as far as I know. it not only disturb but also irritate .
But surly if you install from outside it will void your warranty. Get is fitted from the showroom, where you are purchasing the car.
I suggest do not install it, it is not that useful as you think.
I have seen people will come late in the night (around 2/3 AM) and will take age to park their car. The sound of reverse horn will make you cry[cry]. Why I am saying so, one guy is there in my street who do these thing.

Any fitment done from Authorized dealer (MASS) should not void warranty even if they cut electric wires. That is why they are "MASS" and they should have the know how , which wire to cut/where to cut.

E.g. In my car, I got fog lamp fitted from dealer. They installed a relay also for it. If done in any other store, I am sure they would have skipped the relay.

Make sure you have a service bill for the work done, and your warranty on the vehicle remains intact.

Top Bottom