My first post in this forum. I was hoping to get some help from fellow Honda Brio owners or anyone with knowledge about alloy wheels. Strangely, I don't see any threads on Honda Brio wheel upgrades online. Maybe because its a new car.
I recently purchased the Honda Brio SMT version in Bangalore. That variant does not come with Alloy wheels. I did not like the alloy design that is given as part of the V variant so was looking for some help.
I am planning on keeping the stock Good year tyres 175/65R14. In Bangalore, so far I have seen Neo alloys with a 4*100 PCD, Offset 35, Backspacing 126mm and 6J which does not need any custom nuts or additional rings etc and as per the car shops is a direct fit using the OEM
nuts. There is one brand EVO which requires special nuts etc to fit the Brio, which I don't want to use just incase later on there are issues with rusting and I have to change etc.
My questions are,
1. What is the current width of the Honda Brio steel wheel? Is it 5 inches? Tried looking in the manual a few days back and did not see that.
2. Would putting a 6 inch 14 inch wheel be fine? would it touch any parts etc?
3. With the stock tyres (175mm), would 6 j cause any issues?
4. The Neo wheels I saw has an Offset of 35, is this okay? where can I see my current stock wheel details? In terms of what the steel wheel offset is. I heard it should be between 5-7mm only.
5. Will the 6 inch wheels protrude out of the arches ? The Reliance autozone guy in HSR, Bangalore said, its not a problem at all and will fit without any issues.
I am completely new to alloy wheels etc since this is my first car. Was hoping to get some help before making the decision.