After Market Alloy Wheels For Honda Brio

Thread Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

My first post in this forum. I was hoping to get some help from fellow Honda Brio owners or anyone with knowledge about alloy wheels. Strangely, I don't see any threads on Honda Brio wheel upgrades online. Maybe because its a new car.

I recently purchased the Honda Brio SMT version in Bangalore. That variant does not come with Alloy wheels. I did not like the alloy design that is given as part of the V variant so was looking for some help.

I am planning on keeping the stock Good year tyres 175/65R14. In Bangalore, so far I have seen Neo alloys with a 4*100 PCD, Offset 35, Backspacing 126mm and 6J which does not need any custom nuts or additional rings etc and as per the car shops is a direct fit using the OEM nuts. There is one brand EVO which requires special nuts etc to fit the Brio, which I don't want to use just incase later on there are issues with rusting and I have to change etc.

My questions are,

1. What is the current width of the Honda Brio steel wheel? Is it 5 inches? Tried looking in the manual a few days back and did not see that.
2. Would putting a 6 inch 14 inch wheel be fine? would it touch any parts etc?

3. With the stock tyres (175mm), would 6 j cause any issues?
4. The Neo wheels I saw has an Offset of 35, is this okay? where can I see my current stock wheel details? In terms of what the steel wheel offset is. I heard it should be between 5-7mm only.
5. Will the 6 inch wheels protrude out of the arches ? The Reliance autozone guy in HSR, Bangalore said, its not a problem at all and will fit without any issues.

I am completely new to alloy wheels etc since this is my first car. Was hoping to get some help before making the decision.

Thanks!
Sun

Go to a wheel shop and look if someone has sold their brio alloys and gone for aftermarket ones.The original honda alloys are of good quality and if you get a set I would suggest go for that.

Will getting a wider rim cause scrapping, I think the user manual will give you the correct upsizes that you can go for.If a 5 inch wheel is almost sitting properly close to the body then 6inch rims will definitely protrude out.

Also you need to see whats the maximum width of rim you can use with your tires.Good year has 4 types of tires in the 175/65R14 size.Please specify the model of your tires.

The Michelin webiste says for a similar 175/65 R14 XM2 the recommended rim width is 5 inches and maximum rim width that can be used is a 5.5inch

You may have to buy a wider tire for the 6inch neo wheel, even then there is a possibility that the rim will protrude out.All the pictures I have see of steel rimed cars, the wheel does fill the entire wheel area.

Like I said earlier if you found new Honda alloys that came of a Brio just pick them up and save yourself a whole lot of trouble.A lot of car dealers will void the warranty if a wheel that is not in the official upsize chart of your car is fitted.

Do speak to your dealer before you upgrade.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #3
Go to a wheel shop and look if someone has sold their brio alloys and gone for aftermarket ones.The original honda alloys are of good quality and if you get a set I would suggest go for that.

Will getting a wider rim cause scrapping, I think the user manual will give you the correct upsizes that you can go for.If a 5 inch wheel is almost sitting properly close to the body then 6inch rims will definitely protrude out.

Also you need to see whats the maximum width of rim you can use with your tires.Good year has 4 types of tires in the 175/65R14 size.Please specify the model of your tires.

The Michelin webiste says for a similar 175/65 R14 XM2 the recommended rim width is 5 inches and maximum rim width that can be used is a 5.5inch

You may have to buy a wider tire for the 6inch neo wheel, even then there is a possibility that the rim will protrude out.All the pictures I have see of steel rimed cars, the wheel does fill the entire wheel area.

Like I said earlier if you found new Honda alloys that came of a Brio just pick them up and save yourself a whole lot of trouble.A lot of car dealers will void the warranty if a wheel that is not in the official upsize chart of your car is fitted.

Do speak to your dealer before you upgrade.
Hi Jarpickle

Thanks. I did see the Michellin website with the rim specifications. However, many online tyre sites do mention that 6 inches also would do. Hence the whole confusion. The problem I had with the Brio was that, I felt the 5 inch stock wheels were really thin, including the alloys. I did upgrade to a set of beautiful alloys which are 6 inch wide with the stock 175/65R14 82T without any issues of touching or protruding as such. But yes, the 1 inch does fill up the sides beautifully. I love the look now. The dealer had mentioned that I can upgrade to aftermarket alloys, however, he did not say anything about tyre width. He just said, with the same tyres, it won't be a problem. The Brio manual has no information on updgrade options. and I am not looking at upgrading the stock tyres.
Cheers!

Congratulations on the new rims.

Good thing you posted the reply.Please post some pictures as well and do mention the model of wheels and that of the tire.

This will help other members in the future.

Hey gr8 and congrats do post some pics [:)]. What a coincidence, I am looking for wheel covers for my 1 month old BRIO Ex MT.

What did you do with yours, i think you would not be requiring those wheel covers now. Can i get those... [;)]

Hi Jarpickle

Thanks. I did see the Michellin website with the rim specifications. However, many online tyre sites do mention that 6 inches also would do. Hence the whole confusion. The problem I had with the Brio was that, I felt the 5 inch stock wheels were really thin, including the alloys. I did upgrade to a set of beautiful alloys which are 6 inch wide with the stock 175/65R14 82T without any issues of touching or protruding as such. But yes, the 1 inch does fill up the sides beautifully. I love the look now. The dealer had mentioned that I can upgrade to aftermarket alloys, however, he did not say anything about tyre width. He just said, with the same tyres, it won't be a problem. The Brio manual has no information on updgrade options. and I am not looking at upgrading the stock tyres.
Cheers!

Last edited:

Top Bottom