Vinyl Car Flooring for Figo

Thread Starter #1
Guys - I have been thinking of Vinyl Flooring for my Figo since ever it was bought, I know, it's over 2 years now. So decided to finish it by this weekend.

Any good shops in Bangalore who can do a neat job at nominal rates? My priorities are Excellent and Neat Finish, Good Quality Material and Nominal Costs.

My friends have got that done in Chennai for about 2K for Innova. Mid sized cars like Figo should cost about 1.5K. However, some shops I enquired were about 2.2 - 2.5K which are not worth the money. One of the shops quoted 1.8K which is kind of OK. Yet, not sure about their work on quality and finishing.

So anyone, got done or have seen such work can suggest me. Have another couple of friends brought a Figo & WagonR recently, so can do collective bargaining in terms of costs.

This is what I am referring to...

vinyl_flooring.jpg

DSC_1062 Medium.jpg

P1220083.jpg

Purpose: The regular OE carpets would absorb the Dust, Mud, Sand and all the stuff and make it tedious or even impossible at times to clean. Can do a better job with Vacuum Cleaner or Given out for Interior Cleaning. Else, not possible to keep it clean. Moreover, the same dusts circulates back in to the A/C and that's what we inhale again. The biggest pain point is, when you have kids or on rainy days, the car will get dirty again even on the same day when you get it nicely cleaned and detailed. This flooring, makes the cleaning work so easy with just a wipe.

Suggestions please... Have committed to my friends to have it done by this Saturday.

Honestly speaking, if not done properly or based upon design of vinyl used, it looks like a taxi.

If possible go for lamination, same concept but with transparent sheet.

This is my own opinion, others may differ.

Thanks,
Anshuman

Thread Starter #3
Honestly speaking, if not done properly or based upon design of vinyl used, it looks like a taxi.

If possible go for lamination, same concept but with transparent sheet.

This is my own opinion, others may differ.

Thanks,
Anshuman
Yes. That's the whole point, the quality and finishing should be perfect. Else, will spoil the whole look. I would go for something in Black, which would match with my interiors and already have seen a couple of patterns which are looking good. Though I would love to go with Beige which may look great and show the interiors more spacious, but not suitable for my interiors.

Lamination is again dependent on the finish. If not done well, it would look the worse.

Black definitely looks better than beige. And your car is nicely done Appu.

I saw a few stores in JC Road doing vinyl flooring. Figoan , you will get cheapest rates there for sure in BLR.

Cheers,
Anshuman

Thread Starter #6
Figoan:

I've installed vinyl full floor for my Vista for - Rs.2,500(1st Quality) at Vellore. You can go for Black color, it won't look cheap.

Here is the pics, check here :
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...25-000kms-counting-image2455.jpg#.UYJKtcozdNI

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...2-months-25-000kms-counting-4.html#post157720
Thanks Appu. I am looking for similar pattern too. Hope it was done over the existing OE carpet?

BTW, since you have Beige interiors, you could have done with Beige flooring too right? That would show your car more better and spacious. Just my opinion.

Thanks Appu. I am looking for similar pattern too. Hope it was done over the existing OE carpet?

BTW, since you have Beige interiors, you could have done with Beige flooring too right? That would show your car more better and spacious. Just my opinion.
Vista/Manza floors are black and not beige. Only part of the door is beige. Interior is beige/black or beige/burgundy combo.

Thread Starter #8
Vista/Manza floors are black and not beige. Only part of the door is beige. Interior is beige/black or beige/burgundy combo.
Yes Anshuman. I knew the floor is black, yet being the lower part of the interior and seat covers are beige, I suggested Beige flooring would have been good. Moreover, Beige flooring makes the car to look more roomy and spacious.

Its looks really good in black. I have done it for my Alto and looks good with the black colour mats over it. The seller was insisting me to go for the colour you opted, just to match with the dashboard and other parts of interior, but then I insisted for black.

Black definitely looks better than beige. And your car is nicely done Appu.

I saw a few stores in JC Road doing vinyl flooring. Figoan , you will get cheapest rates there for sure in BLR.

Cheers,
Anshuman
thats true

not just the cheapest rates, they have plenty of variety to choose from and u can select according to your choice / budget also those guys are experienced and able to finish the work faster and well, but you have to drive them to make sure all works are done up to your satisfaction

If the water falls on regular carpets, the water will be absorbed and will dry. In case of vinyl flooring or lamination, the water may not dry completely/comparatively and may lead into floor rust. This was the reason given by one of the shops in bangalore when my friend wanted them on his figo. So he backed out. Just a word of caution[:)]

I have got my Punto's entire floor covered with plastic mat. Frankly speaking I dont care what people say, but it is easy to clean and saves floor fabric to get dirty and trust me there are atleast 3-4 people whom I know have got it done after they saw mine.

If the water falls on regular carpets, the water will be absorbed and will dry. In case of vinyl flooring or lamination, the water may not dry completely/comparatively and may lead into floor rust. This was the reason given by one of the shops in bangalore when my friend wanted them on his figo. So he backed out. Just a word of caution[:)]
Now, how true can this be? I can see it working the other way round.
If water falls on the vinyl lamination floor you can wipe it with cloth to avoid water soaking into the carpet underneath. But in case if it directly falls on the carpet you have no option as it will soak into the carpet and may lead to floor rusting due to dampness of the carpet.

BTW if I am not mistaken, floor lamination is done for the same reason's.

Now, how true can this be? I can see it working the other way round.
If water falls on the vinyl lamination floor you can wipe it with cloth to avoid water soaking into the carpet underneath. But in case if it directly falls on the carpet you have no option as it will soak into the carpet and may lead to floor rusting due to dampness of the carpet.

BTW if I am not mistaken, floor lamination is done for the same reason's.
I agree, this was the sole reason I got the flooring done with plastic.

Top Bottom