Accessories in Your Car / Bike

Thread Starter #1
Many here would be wanting to know the accessories in others ride. So thought of starting a thread where you can post each and everything you added to your car. It is not car/ride specific accessories.
(No cleaning care/washing products which are covered in a separate thread)

• Preferably with photos (If you cant take photos, give a link to product image)
  • Where it is purchased from (Online/Offline) and with price - MRP and the price you got.
    If it is online, try to give the link to the product and experience with the seller/shop
    If it is offline, shop name, address and experience and try to give an online link (if you see the same on a google search)​
  • Quality of the product
  • Whether you recommend the product or not.
  • Whether you recommend the seller or not.
  • One or two product per post (Lots of products in one post may confuse you)

List each and every accessories you put in your ride.
Few i could think of - Air freshener,Fire extinguisher, anti slip mat, seat pillow, toys, arm rest, car holder, speakers,Amplifier, mirrors, security system, reverse sensor, idol, seat covers and many more. (Avoid company fitted accessories (stock accessories))

Mods: If a thread exists, delete or merge to that. I could not find a thread.

Thread Starter #2
Re: Accessories in your Car / Ride

The very first accessory i bought

Multipurpose-Non-Slip-Anti-Skid-Car-Dashboard-Mat-BLACK-GREY
super-large-friction-multi-pad-coaster-anti-slip-mats-ezs040.jpg
Something like above. Bought for 100 rs or so on ebay. Frankly speaking, it does not work if your interior is polished. It holds the accessories. But it does not stay on dash board.

I wont suggest this product to anyone whose dashboard is 'not rough' and 'polished'

Untitled.jpg Digital Tyre Pressure Gauge

Where it is purchased from (Online/Offline) and with price - Ebay / Rs. 550 + 35 for Shipping.
If it is online, try to give the link to the product and experience with the seller/shop - Process was very smooth. Got it delivered with in 2 days.
Quality of the product - Very Good. The results are quite accurate. Calibrated it couple of times, perhaps every time.
Whether you recommend the product or not. - Very much.
Whether you recommend the seller or not. - Not sure as this is the first experience. But, very good with this one.

Thread Starter #4

Thanks Figoian
I was looking for a product like this. A direct link to the ebay product ?

Next from me :
BELKIN-MICRO-USB-CAR-CHARGER-UNIVERSAL-USB-CHARGER-FOR-MOBILES-MP3-MP4-PLAYERS
STD1_F8Z445.jpg
Bought for Rs 390-6% ICICI coupon. + 35 shipping
MRP is 399RS. You may get offline for same or lesser price.
Be careful about the fake one. That does not have glittering/shining on it.

I had bought the fake one initially without knowing for 200rs from ebay. It also came as Belkin packing without any MRP. Now, i can see the light but do not charge my phone. That is plain black color with out shining. I can post the photos of both if anyone interested.

I recommend the product for sure. This is a life saver for charging any of your usb phones with their usb cables. I do not want to use 90-100rs cigar charger (comes as a bunch) for valuable devices. BELKIN is a branded product with protection inside.

Did not have any problem with the seller. I think, i paid almost like MRP or more including shipping. So, if you get it under MRP would be nice

Last edited:
Thread Starter #6

Thanks Figoian

IPOP Car Door Guard Scratch Protector 3M Tape Set of 4- White

Again from ebay. Sri Balaji Mart.Link
i-pop_simple_door_guard_-_white.jpg
It is a korean imported product. (no MRP / no importer details). Item is original
Bought at 290RS . In shop, i saw they were selling at 400RS. That also looked same.
Out of 4, two are of bigger size compared to other.
Recommended product [:)]
The only external accessory i have on my car (other than parking sensor).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Seat Beads Wooden
Bought from Homeshop
89189d1366135537t-cushions-beadings-drivers-seats-seat-beads.jpg
Link

Good - Not the best. It got only one elastic band to put over the seat. It can easily come out. You either leave it like that or tie with some thing.
Bought at 574 including shipping from above link. No problem with homeshop18. Shipping is slow compared to flipkart
Recommendation :- I have not used to any other bigger beads. It reduces back sweating for sure. Not 100% !

Thread Starter #7
I had bought many air fresheners for my car. The best being My Shaldan

MY SHALDAN AIR FRESHENER : LEMON | eBay
my-shaldan-car-air-freshner-car-perfume-lime-fragrance.jpg
Bought from this seller twice. Different flavor different times. They smell good.
MRP 275. Got at 240 - 6% off (ebay coupon).
Recommend this product. Only problem is , you cant close this completely once you open it.
This guy is genuine importer for xstatic products. So, this item is original. There is a fake one also available in market You can easily differentiate the original / fake
FAKE ones will have cover in which CAUTION written like 'Do not expose to excessive neat instead of heat'
Cure can instead of cute can.
The transaction was smooth and got the product in 3 days time.

Then bought this from shopclues for 39RS (one day sale). Now they do not have the same listed. So a flipkart link.
Godrej Aer Click - Fresh Lush Green Plug-in Air Freshener: Flipkart.com
plug-in-godrej-aer-click-cool-surf-blue-400x400-imadf9yph4byrzkb.jpeg
It is one of the worst car air freshener / perfume. It spilled and the build quality is not at all good. I will not recommend this product. The smell is good though.
Took a week . Packing was okay too.

Then comes the famous Ambi Pur
Ambi Pur Car Lavender Spa Air Freshener Starter: Flipkart.com
Bought it from Big bazaar for 200Rs (at MRP price)
lavender-spa-vehicle-ambi-pur-7-car-freshener-400x400-imadj4y2rywgqd8v.jpeg
Good.
I liked the first one better than the rest. If you do not take your car out everyday, only option left is Ambi pur which does the job pretty well.

By the way, no one got any accessories in car? I saw Vishwas car got some doll at back (saw in Bangalore meet photos).

My Xylo was bone stock so we installed quite a few of accessories. First time I installed aftermarket accessories ever on any car that is owned by us.

Xylo:
JVC HeadUnit
Pioneer 4 speakers
Roof Carrier
Front Guard
Rear Guard
Wheelcaps
steering cover
floor mats

thinking of adding central locking.

Thread Starter #9
My Xylo was bone stock so we installed quite a few of accessories. First time I installed aftermarket accessories ever on any car that is owned by us.

JVC HeadUnit
Pioneer 4 speakers
Roof Carrier
Front Guard
Rear Guard
Wheelcaps
steering cover
floor mats

Brother,
if you could share the model/ pricing / images, it may be of some help for others (the soul purpose of the thread). JVC which model, cost, online link, photo, features.
Pioneer speaker - model, component/coaxial, price, etc etc.
Hope you do not mind sharing the info.

Appus, This thread is an excellent idea. Thanks.
Pls post abt your stick-on mirrors which you showed me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #11
Pls post abt ur stick-on mirrors which u showed me.
May be AppU from velloore in his vista? You met him in that meet. I didn't get an opportunity to meet you all. Will ask him to look this thread

May be AppU from velloore in his vista? You met him in that meet. I didn't get an opportunity to meet you all. Will ask him to look this thread

Thank you appus for notifying to me[:)]

Pls post abt ur stick-on mirrors which u showed me.
Hello Sir,

I thought to send a msg to you. Anyhow, Here are the Details sir,

I brought the adjustable type bind spot mirrors at Chennai for Rs.250.
This mirror has 3M sticker at the back, so we can easily stick it on mirror according to our convenient.

It really helps me to drive in city as well as in Highway.

And during night time, no reflection with this mirror.

for more details please refer this link : http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-months-25-000kms-counting-10.html#post185255

@ Appus, sorry for mistake. Yes, I met Appu at the Hosur meet.
@Appu, I found a similar mirror but no plastic border at Rs 100/- ea. Is it worth it? Can you post a photo of it?

@ Appus, sorry for mistake. Yes, I met Appu at the Hosur meet.
@Appu, I found a similar mirror but no plastic border at Rs 100/- ea. Is it worth it? Can you post a photo of it?
without plastic body means. It is a static type. we cannot able to adjust according to our angle of view. in that case it cover 50% of our car body and 50% of road. so we are not able to cover the hidden spots properly.

In adjustable type we can adjust to 20% of car body and 80% of road.so that we can covet the hidden spots properly. so I suggest adjustable type.

BTW, will post the pics tomorrow sir:-)

without plastic body means. It is a static type. we cannot able to adjust according to our angle of view. in that case it cover 50% of our car body and 50% of road. so we are not able to cover the hidden spots properly.

In adjustable type we can adjust to 20% of car body and 80% of road.so that we can covet the hidden spots properly. so I suggest adjustable type.

BTW, will post the pics tomorrow sir:-)

Sorry for the late reply, Here are the Pics of adjustable ORVM extra concave mirror.

2013-05-12 13.37.17.jpg

2013-05-12 13.37.32.jpg

2013-05-12 13.38.05.jpg

It covers the hidden spots perfectly. while reversing the car, it really helps a lot[:)]

Top Bottom