HID For Hyundai i10?

Thread Starter #1
Hi guys

I went to my regular auto shop he said that his friend has started a HID company or may be importing HID's. The name of the company is Crystal Eye..

So he quoted me 3500/-(Head Lights) with 1year replacement warranty.

It is White light so assume its 8000k. Other than this what all should I need to check?

Saubhag

It looks to me that you are completely obsessed with DIY[lol]

First tell me that advantage going for these !! is that worth

Last edited:
Hi guys

I went to my regular auto shop he said that his friend has started a HID company or may be importing HID's. The name of the company is Crystal Eye..

So he quoted me 3500/-(Head Lights) with 1year replacement warranty.

It is White light so assume its 8000k. Other than this what all should I need to check?
Does your autoshop friend mentioned anything about projectors along with HID lghts? Because fitting just hid won't help as light will scatter. You need to use a projector along with hid to focus the light.

Regards,
Sankar

Thread Starter #5
Saubhag

I really don't know gurrala [lol]. I think it might look cool..

Does your autoshop friend mentioned anything about projectors along with HID lghts? Because fitting just hid won't help as light will scatter. You need to use a projector along with hid to focus the light.

Regards,
Sankar
No Sankar he will not provide the projectors.

I suspect they are chinese.
I really don't have the Idea Vivek.

Sorry guys for the late reply was busy. I really don't have any idea about the product also I tried to get some more info from other car shop it seems they have not heard about the product.[confused]

No Sankar he will not provide the projectors.
Without projector you won't be able to focus the lights from HID. If you are going for HID then always use a projector to focus the lights. Also without projectors hid can blind oncoming traffic too which can lead to accidents.

Regards,
Sankar

Thread Starter #7
Without projector you won't be able to focus the lights from HID. If you are going for HID then always use a projector to focus the lights. Also without projectors hid can blind oncoming traffic too which can lead to accidents.

Regards,
Sankar
I totally agree with you sankar. I would definitely go for projectors if I go for HID's. But I just wanted to have an idea that how much does an HID cost? [:)]

Saubhag

@Gurrala, he never said that this would be a DIY.

@saubhagyab : at 3500/- for sure these are Chinese but it doesn't necessarily mean bad. There are a lot of HIDs floating in that price bracket and most are Chinese. But in this case since he is your regular installer so you might have an added advantage in case they go kaput. Moreover, without projectors, HIDs would be a waste of money as all you'd have is a halo of light and you won't be able to control the beam.

Ask your friend about the cost of complete setup along with projectors and what about warranty. Also, I'd suggest you to stick to 6000K which is actually pure white light, 8000K and above are bluish lights and have lesser outputs than 6000K.

@Gurrala, he never said that this would be a DIY.

@saubhagyab : at 3500/- for sure these are Chinese but it doesn't necessarily mean bad. There are a lot of HIDs floating in that price bracket and most are Chinese. But in this case since he is your regular installer so you might have an added advantage in case they go kaput. Moreover, without projectors, HIDs would be a waste of money as all you'd have is a halo of light and you won't be able to control the beam.

Ask your friend about the cost of complete setup along with projectors and what about warranty. Also, I'd suggest you to stick to 6000K which is actually pure white light, 8000K and above are bluish lights and have lesser outputs than 6000K.
Don't go for 6000K hid. Always go for 4300K hid as they have the best throw and output. If you want something to show your friends too then max stick to 5000K. Anything higher and you won't have good output.

Regards,
Sankar

Don't go for 6000K hid. Always go for 4300K hid as they have the best throw and output. If you want something to show your friends too then max stick to 5000K. Anything higher and you won't have good output.

Regards,
Sankar
Though 4300K is the best choice as it emits the same color as our normal halogen lamps but is hardly gives the feel of having an HID. That's why I suggested 600K for it's pure white output.

Thread Starter #12
Guys I bought the HID's 6000k thanks to sankar and freakdude for all the info. It feels good on low beam but I don't feel so much off power on high beam. Will post the pics soon.

Guys I bought the HID's 6000k thanks to sankar and freakdude for all the info. It feels good on low beam but I don't feel so much off power on high beam. Will post the pics soon.
Have you also bought projectors along with HID? Fitting just HID without projectors will result in scattering of lights. This will be a major problem during rainy season as during those rainy nights you won't be able to see anything even in high beam as lights will scatter. This can be solved to some extend by using good quality projectors which will focus the lights much better. Also another point to be noted is that by fitting projectors you won't blind on coming traffic. Using just HID you will definitely blind on coming traffic which will do more harm than any good.

Regards,
Sankar

Thread Starter #14
Have you also bought projectors along with HID? Fitting just HID without projectors will result in scattering of lights. This will be a major problem during rainy season as during those rainy nights you won't be able to see anything even in high beam as lights will scatter. This can be solved to some extend by using good quality projectors which will focus the lights much better. Also another point to be noted is that by fitting projectors you won't blind on coming traffic. Using just HID you will definitely blind on coming traffic which will do more harm than any good.

Regards,
Sankar
For now I bought defelectors which point them down on low beam so that it doesn't blind the traffic I will surely get the projectors after so time. [:)]
Also I hardly use High beam as I drive in city traffic so win win for me. [;)]

Here are some pics.

Parking Lights.
20130502_203816.jpg

Number Plate Lights
20130502_203842.jpg

Beam
20130502_203936.jpg

Last edited:

Top Bottom