Vehicle Accelerometer

Thread Starter #5
Have heard some good things about the Beltronix FX2 also.
But, I come back from the original question ... where can I find them??

It looks to be a useful tool to measure the acceleration, power etc. Should be very useful for test drivers (@Zinam).
Actually useful for modded rides.

I mean you can measure the timings,power,etc when stock & when modded.

Also, any recommendations for a good Radar Detector?
Where in Pune do you need a radar detetctor ? [lol]

On a serious note - it sometimes gives out warning just like that.

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team
It seems to be similar to VBOX. It's a costly instrument, Have seen some mags like Autocar India using it.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #9
It seems to be similar to VBOX. It's a costly instrument, Have seen some mags like Autocar India using it.

Drive Safe,
350Z
The local dealer for the same (VBOX) says the landed cost is 75K.
I think the divorce will come free with that!!

My cellphone has an accelerometer and it works perfectly fine. This is not a worthy investment, Indian cars hardly have enough power to make enough G's.The power is written on the Manual or even the brochure.

My cellphone has an accelerometer and it works perfectly fine. This is not a worthy investment, Indian cars hardly have enough power to make enough G's.The power is written on the Manual or even the brochure.
+ 1 to that.

And hence -

Actually useful for modded rides.
I mean you can measure the timings,power,etc when stock & when modded

Thread Starter #13
You get Pune Mirror right ? (News paper) The last i read on it was that all the speed guns have gone kaput.Seriously.[:D]

The V Box is high on price. How about G tech ?

Here's the site - http://www.gtechpro.com/egs.html
Well, I hope the speed guns remain kaput!!

Even the Gtech will cost 300USD, and that would mean about 30K landed, with duties and shipment and all.
I would want to buy something in India itself.
The KAT matrix accelerator sounds not too costly, and was wondering if it is available in India.
One guy I contacted in Taiwan says he can send across 18 of them (Min Order). Now what do I do with 16 of them???[anger]

Thread Starter #14
The main reason I wanted it was to check lateral g forces when I am on hill roads and twisty curving roads.

The rest can be managed with some effort, a stopwatch and a calculator, if you are so inclined!!

The main reason I wanted it was to check lateral g forces when I am on hill roads and twisty curving roads.

The rest can be managed with some effort, a stopwatch and a calculator, if you are so inclined!!
Yes, the G's exerted on hills and twisty roads are something worth measuring, it may take the car to 0.5G's. High speed turns on the ghats are fun [clap]

Top Bottom