Tyre Options for New Wagon-R VXi

Thread Starter #1
Hi,

I am running on my current stock tyres Apollo Accelare 3G with 39K reading on Odo. The tyres are pretty worn out. So need to replace them.

The profile of tyre is 155 65 R14 and in this size is available in only Apollo and Goodyear.

Initially planning to have Michelin XM2 but they are not available in this size.

What will be your take? Bit confused whether to go for Apollo or Goodyear.

If you are happy with Appollo then stick with the brand and think of probably upsizing it for better traction and handling

Hi,

I am running on my current stock tyres Apollo Accelare 3G with 39K reading on Odo. The tyres are pretty worn out. So need to replace them.

The profile of tyre is 155 65 R14 and in this size is available in only Apollo and Goodyear.

Initially planning to have Michelin XM2 but they are not available in this size.

What will be your take? Bit confused whether to go for Apollo or Goodyear.
Between the two Apollo is better. Did you check if that specification is available in Bridgestone?

Thread Starter #5
If you are happy with Appollo then stick with the brand and think of probably upsizing it for better traction and handling
The only problem with the Apollo is they are not silent on highways.

I am not going for upsizing, will stick with the current size. It is not like that I am against upsizing but I will not be able to upsize because it will create the problem in placement for the spare tyre as I have CNG tank in the boot and there is just enough space available for the current size.

Between the two Apollo is better. Did you check if that specification is available in Bridgestone?
NO this is not available in Bridgstone.

Its good to know that the stock Apollo Accelare 3G has lasted you for odd 40K kms. I am planning to upgrade my Zen and shift to Wagon R Vxi but was apprehensive with the performance of the stock Apollos. From my perspective, JK's are the worst as they did not last a proper 20K in my Zen. [frustration]

From my perspective, JK's are the worst as they did not last a proper 20K in my Zen. [frustration]
20K is utterly low
Are you sure if the Wheel Alignment and balancing was carried out periodically?
Did the car used to pull on either side?
Your Zen had no issues with Suspension and related areas?

That is true! WagonR's are shod with Apollo's which I confirmed from the dealer. Lets see how much kilometers they last. My usage will be 75% City Run and 25% Highway Run.

In 2.5 years/20K tyre wearing out is quite bad. Hope your new car does not come with JK tyres.

Top Bottom