I have booked a Maruti Suzuki Dzire Tour aka previous generation Maruti Suzuki Dzire LDi. With the new refreshed and face lifted model Dzire 2012 available why did i go for the old generation Dzire? Only 2 reasons for doing so.
1) Boot space of 450 liters was the main reason i chose Dzire Tour (Planning a 12in subwoofer and good ice setup so the current Dzire with 305 liters of boot space will not do good for me)
2) At certain angles one can't differentiate the New Dzire with the new Swift. And i personally don't like the boot integration(This is my personal opinion. No offence meant to Dzire owners).
3) I wanted a proper 4.3 meter sedan as we already owned a hatchback which was 4 meters. So i wanted something which was bigger than our current car.
No this is not an ownership review. Reading the intro you might believe this is an initial ownership report. Sorry to disappoint you guys as this thread is entirely different.
The reason why i have started this thread is to discuss about almost all accessories and electronics needed in car. Reading up to this one might think why on hell does a new car need lot of accessories and electronics right? In case of Dzire Tour you need atleast 1lakhs worth of accessories to make it up to VDi standard. People might think i am crazy. Buying a car and then fitting accessories worth 1 lakhs.
New Dzire VDi 2012 - OTR - 8.10lakhs
Dzire Tour LDi - OTR - 6.85Lakhs + 1 lakhs = 7.85Lakhs (And i get a proper sedan)
So moving to the topic. Modifications that i intend to do in my car:- Exteriors:-
1) Left Mirror and garnish. (Dzire Tour comes with right mirror only
2) Front, rear bumper painting, all four door handle painting and left/right mirror painting.
3) Front grill assembly and 4 chrome strips for grill.(Dzire Tour comes with Old generation Swift front grill) and Suzuki logo for front grill.
4) Rear chrome garnish stripe.(In place of chrome stripe Dzire Tour comes with black plastic stripe)
5) Old Generation Dzire's side beeding.
6) Old Generation Dzire's door visor
7) Old Generation Dzire's Mudflap.
8) Maruti Suzuki chrome sticker, Swift Dzire chrome sticker, VDi chrome sticker. (Dzire Tour has black plastic sticker in place of chrome stickers for Old gen Dzire)
9) Chrome exhaust tips.
10) Rear spoiler for that extra sporty look. Interiors:-
1) Faux wood interior styling kit which includes Dashboard and all four door pads.
2) Silver finish gear nob. (Dzire Tour had all black nob)
3) Art leather seat covers.
4) Leather wrapped steering grip
5) 3D Floor mats Changes to Electricals:-
1) Fog lamps
2) Upgrading bulbs from 60/55 bulbs to Philips 130/100 bulbs(need additional headlight wiring relay for this upgrade)
3) Central locking and remote locking system.
4) Four door power window.
5) Philips day light running lamps.
6) Reverse parking sensors with voice indicator.
7) Reverse camera (To be connect to pioneer head unit).
8) Hella dual horn with relay. ICE System:-
1) Head Unit - Pioneer AVH-X5590BT
2) Front Speaker - Focal Focal Polyglass 165 VB component speakers
3) Rear Speaker - Rockford Fosgate Prime R16-S component speakers
4) Amplifier - Rockford Fosgate 250.4 4 channel amplifier
5) Subwoofer - Focal P-30 12in with custom enclosure
6) Scoche E2 E2000 Amplifier Wiring Kit
I have already bought the stickers, front grill, rear chrome stripe, gear nob, left mirror, Rockford Fosgate Prime R16-S component speakers, Rockford Fosgate 250.4 4 channel amplifier and Scoche E2 E2000 Amplifier Wiring Kit of which i shall attach pictures along with this thread. Also i shall attach couple of pictures of Dzire Tour sourced from motorbeam magazine to show you how different an original Dzire Tour looks like without any modification.
I humbly request members to give your expertise on which products to go for like power windows, security system etc. I have time till march end to decide on the products.
Thanks for reading and looking forward to your valuable advice.