Accessories For Maruti Suzuki Dzire Tour LDi

Thread Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I have booked a Maruti Suzuki Dzire Tour aka previous generation Maruti Suzuki Dzire LDi. With the new refreshed and face lifted model Dzire 2012 available why did i go for the old generation Dzire? Only 2 reasons for doing so.

1) Boot space of 450 liters was the main reason i chose Dzire Tour (Planning a 12in subwoofer and good ice setup so the current Dzire with 305 liters of boot space will not do good for me)

2) At certain angles one can't differentiate the New Dzire with the new Swift. And i personally don't like the boot integration(This is my personal opinion. No offence meant to Dzire owners).

3) I wanted a proper 4.3 meter sedan as we already owned a hatchback which was 4 meters. So i wanted something which was bigger than our current car.[;)]

No this is not an ownership review. Reading the intro you might believe this is an initial ownership report. Sorry to disappoint you guys as this thread is entirely different.

The reason why i have started this thread is to discuss about almost all accessories and electronics needed in car. Reading up to this one might think why on hell does a new car need lot of accessories and electronics right? In case of Dzire Tour you need atleast 1lakhs worth of accessories to make it up to VDi standard. People might think i am crazy. Buying a car and then fitting accessories worth 1 lakhs.

New Dzire VDi 2012 - OTR - 8.10lakhs

Dzire Tour LDi - OTR - 6.85Lakhs + 1 lakhs = 7.85Lakhs (And i get a proper sedan)

So moving to the topic.

Modifications that i intend to do in my car:-

Exteriors:-

1) Left Mirror and garnish. (Dzire Tour comes with right mirror only [frustration])

2) Front, rear bumper painting, all four door handle painting and left/right mirror painting.

3) Front grill assembly and 4 chrome strips for grill.(Dzire Tour comes with Old generation Swift front grill) and Suzuki logo for front grill.

4) Rear chrome garnish stripe.(In place of chrome stripe Dzire Tour comes with black plastic stripe)

5) Old Generation Dzire's side beeding.

6) Old Generation Dzire's door visor

7) Old Generation Dzire's Mudflap.

8) Maruti Suzuki chrome sticker, Swift Dzire chrome sticker, VDi chrome sticker. (Dzire Tour has black plastic sticker in place of chrome stickers for Old gen Dzire)

9) Chrome exhaust tips.

10) Rear spoiler for that extra sporty look.[;)]

Interiors:-

1) Faux wood interior styling kit which includes Dashboard and all four door pads.

2) Silver finish gear nob. (Dzire Tour had all black nob)

3) Art leather seat covers.

4) Leather wrapped steering grip

5) 3D Floor mats

Changes to Electricals:-

1) Fog lamps

2) Upgrading bulbs from 60/55 bulbs to Philips 130/100 bulbs(need additional headlight wiring relay for this upgrade)

3) Central locking and remote locking system.

4) Four door power window.

5) Philips day light running lamps.

6) Reverse parking sensors with voice indicator.

7) Reverse camera (To be connect to pioneer head unit).

8) Hella dual horn with relay.

ICE System:-

1) Head Unit - Pioneer AVH-X5590BT

2) Front Speaker - Focal Focal Polyglass 165 VB component speakers

3) Rear Speaker - Rockford Fosgate Prime R16-S component speakers

4) Amplifier - Rockford Fosgate 250.4 4 channel amplifier

5) Subwoofer - Focal P-30 12in with custom enclosure

6) Scoche E2 E2000 Amplifier Wiring Kit

I have already bought the stickers, front grill, rear chrome stripe, gear nob, left mirror, Rockford Fosgate Prime R16-S component speakers, Rockford Fosgate 250.4 4 channel amplifier and Scoche E2 E2000 Amplifier Wiring Kit of which i shall attach pictures along with this thread. Also i shall attach couple of pictures of Dzire Tour sourced from motorbeam magazine to show you how different an original Dzire Tour looks like without any modification.

I humbly request members to give your expertise on which products to go for like power windows, security system etc. I have time till march end to decide on the products.

Thanks for reading and looking forward to your valuable advice.

Regards,
Sankar

Attachments

Last edited:
Congratulation again for your new car.
Such a long list.

Initially I also booked ldi. Changed my mind after seeing the extra box for power windows. Hope you will do it better

All the best

Regards

Thread Starter #3
Thanks Appu. I shall receive my car probably my this month end.

Could you explain this better please "Changed my mind after seeing the extra box for power windows" as i couldn't get you on this.

Regards,
Sankar

Hello Sankar,

I am impressed with your effort; I have booked one DZire Tour for private use and will get it by this Saturday. Also, I have asked to make it look like older vdi with essential features like Power windows, centre locking, body color for bumpers, door handles, and two Outside rear view mirrors, Chromes on bumper to match old vdi. Other accessories include 4 speakers, 6 k INR audio system, boot chrome strip, door side strip, wheel covers, Art leather gsport seat covers. The additions are costing me around 60 k INR. I am planning to include leather steering cover and Visors on windows; I know you are well ahead in terms of additions.

I will post more details once I get the car. Take care

Regards, Manjax

Hi Sankar, nice thread.

Can you please share all the accessories price which you listed. It would help potential Dzire buyers who are sitting on the fence of LDI/VDI.
For the OEM accessories did you go for MGP or Local ones?

Thanks,
Anshuman

Thread Starter #6
Hello Sankar,

I am impressed with your effort; I have booked one DZire Tour for private use and will get it by this Saturday. Also, I have asked to make it look like older vdi with essential features like Power windows, centre locking, body color for bumpers, door handles, and two Outside rear view mirrors, Chromes on bumper to match old vdi. Other accessories include 4 speakers, 6 k INR audio system, boot chrome strip, door side strip, wheel covers, Art leather gsport seat covers. The additions are costing me around 60 k INR. I am planning to include leather steering cover and Visors on windows; I know you are well ahead in terms of additions.

I will post more details once I get the car. Take care

Regards, Manjax
Please don't buy the items directly from Dealership. They try to rip every penny off you. For example the rear chrome garnish strip was quoted my dealership at 1800Rs. I bought it from the same dealer's MGA showroom (Which is essentially a big go-down) were they quote exactly the price given in Maruti Suzuki's Online billing software which was in this case 950Rs. Its a well know fact that dealerships charge very high prices for accessories but double the price of a product is not acceptable. Another example was Left rear view mirror and its garnish which was quoted by dealer at 1900rs was priced by MGA at 900Rs and i got it at exactly 900+TAX from MGA showroom. Please do all other accessories from outside accessories shop as there you can have much better quality products at much cheaper price. Do not Maruti only produces cars and other essential parts rest are outsourced from suppliers like Auotcop, Minta.

Regards,
Sankar

Hi Sankar, nice thread.

Can you please share all the accessories price which you listed. It would help potential Dzire buyers who are sitting on the fence of LDI/VDI.
For the OEM accessories did you go for MGP or Local ones?

Thanks,
Anshuman
Hi apart from bumper painting i am doing everything else from outside accessories shop. I am reviewing each and every product big or small before i ask them to install. This includes power windows, security system, reverse parking sensor, fod lamps and goes on to small things like door visor, mud flaps, steering grip, dual horns. Once i finalize on my accessories i shall post detailed list of products i install on my car their price lists.

Regards,
Sankar

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry. There was an extra box for power windows on door. I didnt quite like it. I think new ones can be embedded inside? (rather than a separate box)? I do not know the terms used :)

Regards

Thread Starter #8
Yes Appus. Now 4 door power windows can be made to look like it came fitted from factory.[:D]. I also don't know the term used.

Cheers,
Sankar

350Z

Core Team
I humbly request members to give your expertise on which products to go for like power windows, security system etc. I have time till march end to decide on the products.
Now that’s an overwhelming list of accessories. Please beware while fiddling with stock electrical wiring as it can affect the car’s warranty.

Front, rear bumper painting, all four door handle painting and left/right mirror painting.
It is best if done at an authorized Maruti Suzuki workshop as soon as the car is delivered. You can always bargain on the charges.

Old Generation Dzire's Mudflap.
Do insist the dealer to offer basic items such as mud flaps and mud mats as a freebie.

Faux wood interior styling kit which includes Dashboard and all four door pads.
Faux wooden finish comes in two options: Stickers and Plastic inserts. I got the stickers from Autographix. They looked neat and were quite durable.

Art leather seat covers.
A wide range of options are available for the aftermarket seat covers. Autoform, Ovion and G-Sport are some of the reputed brands for art leather.

Take a look at this link: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...constantly-keeps-sliding-help.html#post254478.

Either stick with stock or get a pair of Hellas.

Reverse parking sensors with voice indicator.

Reverse camera (To be connect to pioneer head unit).
You will not require a camera + sensors at all. Just get one whichever you feel more comfortable with.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #10
Now that’s an overwhelming list of accessories. Please beware while fiddling with stock electrical wiring as it can affect the car’s warranty.
The wires will never be cut nor will be tampered with. I have already conveyed this to the car accessories guy.

It is best if done at an authorized Maruti Suzuki workshop as soon as the car is delivered. You can always bargain on the charges.
I personally know a paint shop owner who does painting for luxury cars like E class and BMW 520d. He does things in an orderly and efficient way. Dealer quoted a price of 8000 for the painting(for 2 coating) while paint shop owner quoted 4500 only (For 3 coats of painting)

Do insist the dealer to offer basic items such as mud flaps and mud mats as a freebie.
Nothing is given as free for Dzire Tour. I had asked this repeatedly to 4 dealers. None gave anything for free.[anger]

Faux wooden finish comes in two options: Stickers and Plastic inserts. I got the stickers from Autographix. They looked neat and were quite durable.
I am going for plastic inserts as it might be durable on long term use. Please correct me if i am wrong

A wide range of options are available for the aftermarket seat covers. Autoform, Ovion and G-Sport are some of the reputed brands for art leather.
I am getting a custom made seat covers with higher quality art leather. Our current car i10's seat cover was made by this accessories guy and it still looks good. So i am not going for company art leather seat covers.

Either stick with stock or get a pair of Hellas.
Thanks I will ask for Hella fog lamps.

You will not require a camera + sensors at all. Just get one whichever you feel more comfortable with.
I have noticed that will turing during a reverse driving sometimes the camera alone won't be of help. That's why i am going for camera and also sensor

Thanks a lot 350Z. You are really helpful. I shall update the thread with what all modifications i do to my car.

Regards,
Sankar

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Sankar, when are you getting your car. I am waiting to see the end-product. Kindly post pictures at each WIP phase.

Cheers,
Anshuman

Thread Starter #12
Hi Sankar, when are you getting your car. I am waiting to see the end-product. Kindly post pictures at each WIP phase.

Cheers,
Anshuman
Sure Anshuman. I shall post pictures of each product before and after install.[:)]

I am taking delivery from Indus Motors Trivandrum Kerala.

Regards,
Sankar

Hello all,

While Sankar waits for his car, I got mine last Saturday. Technically, I think it is a real value for money and I have no complaints on the car itself. I will need a day or two to post the pictures. I know it was a mistake to get accessories from dealer; I feel I am cheated. Below are few things for which I admire Sankar's collection in advance. I thought that I should get everything I wanted, when it leaves the show room, for which I also payed extra (I know Sankar adviced me; my bad I ignored) and I was proven so wrong.

- 15k INR charged to make Tour Dzire look like old DZire - Only painted bumpers and installed left ORVM; it also missed the inside cover exposing the metal body in cabin. It makes me feel awkward - Solution: the sales person says she can fix it including addition of missing badges for maruti suzuki and Swift Dzire chrome on boot; I have to make few rounds; they think my time has no value. PS: I paid 2 K INR in addition for the Boot chrome long horizontal strip

- Black stickers on the boot remains though they promised that they will make it look like old DZire - Complete let down and I am going to fight for it; not sure how, as they got me to sign on several papers before delivery; nothing clearly states about the badges except a word like emblem

- Mud Flaps were offerred free but not installed - Reason is "NO sTOCK"

- Car care kit was offerred free during booking but not provided - Reason is "NO STOCK"

- I specifically asked to install MGA power windows, they still went ahead to install AutoCop - I want to puke on them because he even tried to say I was wrong to assume Maruti should take approval before installing third party accessory - Solution, after a heated arguement he accepts his mistake but doesn't confirm when he is going to replace; I will escalate it, but don't know how

- The sales person said 5:30 pm as delivery time and made me wait till 8 pm until I got keys with all problems. Even worse she made me sign all the papers and pay for accessories before 6 pm saying that the accounts fellow will leave. Until that time they avoided from showing the car; I think it was intentional

- Side strip was ordered but was not installed - Reason is "NO STOCK", second version "The installing mechanic broke it"

After all, I feel that I am too dumb to handle the situation well. I was ready to shell out some more money to get things in proper order but the attitude of the accessory department is so bad (ignorance towards customers).

@ Sankar, One last question: You have bought the left ORVM; does it also come with the plastic cover from inside? Or, do you know if it can be purchased separately. May be you are interested too to know it.

I will try to upload photos soon; take care.

Regards, Manjax

Thread Starter #14
Sorry to hear what happened to you Manjax. Please do let me know if you need any parts including accessories, engine parts or any miscellaneous items and i shall buy it from MGA showroom and courier it to you.

I am not buying a single accessory from Dealer as i know they charge high prices .

In my opinion they have charged exorbitant price instead of the actual prices of MGA accessories. For example i bought all parts and stickers including the rear view mirror, chrome garnish in rear, front grill etc from MGA showroom which cost me 4k. I am painting the front, rear bumper, all 4 door handles, left and right mirror from a reputed paint shop at 4k . So total costs to change Dzire Tour cosmetically to Dzire VDi is 8k.

Rest of the accessories i am sourcing from a car accessories guy who i know very well so i am getting discounts on these. Autocop's Power windows doesn't have good review. I am going for RD or GD (I forgot the company's name) power windows.

Please understand there is nothing called MGA. Maruti Suzuki produces only the car's engine, suspension an other mechanical parts. Rest is outsourced from other suppliers. You can get much better products which are less costly than MGA but will have higher quality.

Regards,
Sankar

Thats exactly the reason i would want to buy Dzire Tour as well if i had to, to have proper boot to utilise.
All the accessory is available outside at much cheaper rate and also in better quality for some of the parts where dealers would just try to reap as much as they can.
Waiting for some pictures and updates of your purchase sankar.

Top Bottom