Originally Posted by Music_Swift
Wonderful mods Shankar.We too have a Swift and sold due to Vento.
Thanks Music_Swift. I have been following your thread on your pre-owned Vento and your car looks awesome.
. The mods i did even though changed the look of my car was a very tiresome experience with 4 days of work on my car. Even after this i still have one day left of work more to do. But when my parents and bro looked at the car after the paint job and audio installs they were really impressed and said i had made the right decision. Seeing my parents happy gives me a lot of satisfaction
. So all the hard work is worth my time.
Originally Posted by Manjax
I have logged in after a long time; should have missed few notes; on top of my mind:
- 42L tank capacity is what I recollect
- FE, I cannot measure as I drive 90 mins to and fro with bumper to bumper traffic. It certainly should give you mileage more than 20 kms in good highways.
I read your posts and I am happy for you; some updates:
- I couldn't find a MGA leather steering cover; I tried most known methods but failed. I even asked Stanley genuine leather guy, he said he needs 5 hours and an appointment with (low cost) 2500 INR. Your thoughts. May be you can help me with that.
- I have gotten used to the blind spots and thinking if I should really go for parking aids. I don't like such gadgets. When it comes to viewing comfort, I really miss my esteem.
- Tomorrow it is going for its first 1000 kms service. Door pick up and drop; I like it.
One recommendation; stick to 14" wheel; you will stay out of so many problems. I like reading all your posts, keep them coming and take care.
Hi Manjax nice to even from you. On your queries:-
1) I am doing art leather covers for my seats and original leather grip for steering wheel. They remove all seats from car and stick the leather cloth into the seats. Advantages of this type of seat cover are:-
a) You get excellent seat cover with superb finish which the company seat covers with are put on to the seat will never match.
b) Another advantage is the arm rest will be stiched in such a way that no one can guess if the seat covers are factory fitted ones or ones done by outside. Normally seat covers fitted from outside will have a cover over the arm rest. If we need to use the arm rest we need to unzip the seat cover. As per my thoughts such a seat covers looks horrible.
c) You can select from wide range of combination colors like my choice is black seat covers with red in center which will give sporty look and feel. Company made ones will have very limited color options.
d) If you have budget you can chose some very high end art leather cloth to medium quality cloth. I am choosing a medium quality cloth which will cost 8k.
Disadvantage of seat cover that are stiched into the seats are:-
a) Normal seat covers costs 5-6k while this type of seat covers costs 8-10k depending upon the material of leather you have chosen. So this type of covers are expensive.
b) Extremely labor intensive work and will take 6-8hours if there are 2 guys to do stitching.
For you next query do install Xenox reverse parking aid for Dzire as one cannot see anything that happening directly behind the car. Rear visibility is terrible. I would advise spending some money on reverse parking aids as this will help in keeping your car rear from hits
I am planning to buy only 14in wheels as 15in will harm the steering column and will affect the car's mechanicals in the long run.
I am looking for this particular type of alloy wheel which actually came with old generation Dzire ZDi. My search has been unsuccessful so far
. Any TAI
members who can source me this alloys i will be grateful.