Footwear For My Stealth Hyundai i10

Thread Starter #1
Hey guys, my first post on TAI.
I need your help in determining the right size of tyres for my i10. I know the right size would be to upgrade to 175/70 R13 but I wanna upgrade to R14 but my doubts are and as I read on forums shifting to 185/60 R14 would bring down a lot on the ride quality as I live on the hills (Gangtok) roads are extremely bad compared to the potholes on cities so I wouldn't want too much of stiff ride that feeling would be nasty here . How about the ride quality on 175/65 R14..? Will it hit the sidewalls..? Help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Attachments

175/65/14 is the right upsize with no compromise on ride comfort, i have driven a I10 with 185/60R14 though it looks great there is a noticeable compromise on ride quality, it was quite evident on some average roads over the highways

My call would be to stick on to 175/65/14

Thread Starter #3
Thanks Swift for the response. Hope 175/65 doesn't hit on the sidewalls. How about 185/60 R13 has anyone tried that combo. And hows the ride quality with it...?

Hey guys, my first post on TAI.
I need your help in determining the right size of tyres for my i10. I know the right size would be to upgrade to 175/70 R13 but I wanna upgrade to R14 but my doubts are and as I read on forums shifting to 185/60 R14 would bring down a lot on the ride quality as I live on the hills (Gangtok) roads are extremely bad compared to the potholes on cities so I wouldn't want too much of stiff ride that feeling would be nasty here . How about the ride quality on 175/65 R14..? Will it hit the sidewalls..? Help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Your i10 looks good. Please post some more pics of the mods you have done.

175/64/R14 will not hit the sidewalls. But you may have to compromise with ride quality (marginally) and FE.

PS - Please install a new rear wiper the broken one does not look good[cry]

Cheers,
Anshuman

Thread Starter #5
Thanks anshuman. 175 does sound a good option now.
My dough is all getting used up for other accessories for my Stealth mobile. Will fix my rear wiper after it only. Currently waiting for a boss kit to fix my OMP steering. :biggrin:

Thanks anshuman. 175 does sound a good option now.
My dough is all getting used up for other accessories for my Stealth mobile. Will fix my rear wiper after it only. Currently waiting for a boss kit to fix my OMP steering. :biggrin:
Referring Vijay's post as above, I had advised 175/64/R14 considering you are upsizing your rims to new steel / alloy ones.

Clarified.

Cheers,
Anshuman

Thread Starter #8
Thanks fellas for your help on deciding the right up size.

Planning to upgrade the rims too but now comes the part on deciding the right tires. As gangtok sees a bad roads everywhere as soon as u leave the highway. Imagine climbing uphill and theres a huge pothole right on top of the road. Roads are really, really bad... i10 does have a soft suspension but it's a bouncy ride on stock tires. So which of the following tires would do justice to me.

Bridgestone turanza
Michelin xm2
Yoko A drive
Apollo accelere

Thanks fellas for your help on deciding the right up size.

Planning to upgrade the rims too but now comes the part on deciding the right tires. As gangtok sees a bad roads everywhere as soon as u leave the highway. Imagine climbing uphill and theres a huge pothole right on top of the road. Roads are really, really bad... i10 does have a soft suspension but it's a bouncy ride on stock tires. So which of the following tires would do justice to me.

Bridgestone turanza
Michelin xm2
Yoko A drive
Apollo accelere
Michelin or Yoko , anyday

Cheers,
Anshuman

Thread Starter #10
So even in these bad road conditions Michelin or Yokos will do the job eh! Heard they were soft compound tires and tread quite fast. I want a sturdy set of tires thats gunna take the beating of hilly roads.

So even in these bad road conditions Michelin or Yokos will do the job eh! Heard they were soft compound tires and tread quite fast. I want a sturdy set of tires thats gunna take the beating of hilly roads.
You want really solid tyres with premium perfomance for indian roads, go for Bridgestone's they are mix of all and a good sporty tyre tread will make you car look [evil]

Last edited:
Thread Starter #12
Bridgestone turanzas sounds like a good upgrade for me.

Wanna get myself these one of these rims. My first choice are the first Veloche rims. More suggestions are appreciated. Cheers!

zEphYr

Attachments

Thanks Swift for the response. Hope 175/65 doesn't hit on the sidewalls. How about 185/60 R13 has anyone tried that combo. And hows the ride quality with it...?
The correct upsize is 185/60/R14. I have this on my i10 with no issues of touching sidewalls etc. In fact this is the stock size on the i10's sold in Europe.

Here's a link to my thread with all the suggestions and pictures of my tyres.
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...p3t3rs-crystal-white-i10-kappa2-sportz-3.html

Dont go for michelin's ones as they have softer side walls compared to others and wont be good option for the kind of roads you would be driving.
Yoko A are good options and also BS turanza's.

Top Bottom