Volkswagen Vento Tyre Upgrade

Thread Starter #1
Hello guys,

All know that we had bought Vento a week ago.The stock tires are Apollo Aceleres.Those had done 13600 Km and want to change tires after vitamin-m comes.Which tires are good?I had shortlisted Bridgestone MY-02 195/60R15,Yokohama C-Drives,MRF ZLO and Michelin PLC.

Hello guys,

All know that we had bought Vento a week ago.The stock tires are Apollo Aceleres.Those had done 13600 Km and want to change tires after vitamin-m comes.Which tires are good?I had shortlisted Bridgestone MY-02 195/60R15,Yokohama C-Drives,MRF ZLO and Michelin PLC.
If the place you drive has good roads and you want a good tyre which is jack of all, i would say you go for conitnental in the size you had mentioned, and what i said continental is just because its a sedan

I didn't mean no for Bridgestone's as i personally use it in my daily ride and its a real tough tire, which can take all and still look sporty [;)]

Last edited:
Bro,

Did you mean 13K odd kms in a week's time? :eek:

BTW, BridgeStone should be good.

Edit: didn't realize it was a 2012 used one. My bad

Last edited:
i changed my vento tyres at 32-34 k kms. upgraded to mrf zlo 195/65/ R 15
i opted for mrf zlo because it was cheaper than bridgestones by inr 500 each. past experience with mrf was good in the mileage. but the ride is definitely bumpier than bridgestones.

Thread Starter #5
i opted for mrf zlo because it was cheaper than bridgestones by inr 500 each. past experience with mrf was good in the mileage. but the ride is definitely bumpier than bridgestones.
Will see after Vitamin-M increases.As of now,we are facing problems with money.And,read your review about MRF ZLO.It is excellent.

Smooth rider did tyre wear out so soon?
Do you have any pics of worn out tyre?

mukeshus i do not have the the snaps of my worn out tyres which were appolo acceleres. tyres of vento lasts only about 30- 35 k kms as far as i have come to know.

mukeshus i do not have the the snaps of my worn out tyres which were appolo acceleres. tyres of vento lasts only about 30- 35 k kms as far as i have come to know.
My polo is around 25k on ODO and I don't even see a mark of wear tear on my tires which are applo acc 185/60/R15. I really doubt that only 30-35k is the total life of these tyres.

My polo is around 25k on ODO and I don't even see a mark of wear tear on my tires which are applo acc 185/60/R15. I really doubt that only 30-35k is the total life of these tyres.
Thats right.

Apollo Acelere normally lasts long.

In my Manza, they are looking like new even at 23000 km.

The one on our Vento looked like they were barely going to last 20,000 ,the company was offering replacement at a discount price,I have Apollo on my i20 but i feel they should last upto 40,000 but grip was terrible for first 8000km(Abs kicks in at decent braking speeds even with proper tire pressure),i guess thats how long the tire took to run in.But since these are offered as stock tires i have them,if changing then no way i would go for them!

Last edited:
The one on our Vento looked like they were barely going to last 20,000 ,the company was offering replacement at a discount price
May be a different story when these tyres are on vento.

I have Apollo on my i20 but i feel they should last upto 40,000 but grip was terrible for first 8000km(Abs kicks in at decent braking speeds even with proper tire pressure)
I didn't understand the point of ABS kicking in, can you explain?

i guess thats how long the tire took to run in
There's a run in period for tyres too!!

I don't see any need for you to change your tires which has done under 15K kms. if you still would want to do it, my advise is to go for MRF Zlo's as it is well priced and apt for our indian rough roads.

the one defect or rather draw back of mrf zlo is that the tread pattern on either side is not uniform. so if there is uneven wear due to wheel alignment issues its not possible to rotate tyres inside out on the rims.

May be a different story when these tyres are on vento.

I didn't understand the point of ABS kicking in, can you explain?

There's a run in period for tyres too!!
Ya maybe on the Vento but i am led to believe it was a batch problem cos all the cars were bought around the same time,which was the dealerships response,but something did seem fishy.

ABS kicks in depending on wheel slippage,if you put a bald tire on then you can hear it click alot more even on a good road.(but when in pothole roads,its just your low tech abs to be blamed)

As for the tire run in yes the brand new tire you drive off the lot will not be providing its best grip until you run it in depending on the rubber compound,but its way better than a bald tire,in most cases according to my observation it takes around 1000 to 1800 km for most of the tires,but in the apollo the abs is not clicking much on the same roads after 8000 km of driving(with same pressure filled at the same Shell petrol station) where as before that it was!
Well i doubt many know about this or observe this, google or some hardcore car mags should throw up the right answers.

Last edited:

Top Bottom