Hi,
I need to know which tires are better.

1. Bridgestone MY-02
2. Bridgestone MY-01
3. Yokohama A / C drives
4. MRF zlo
5. Any other brand

I am looking for tires those are
a. Less prone to punctures (my drive is on bad roads mostly)
b. Minimum noise
c. Excellent dry/wet handling (not prone to skidding)
4. Ride should be good with improved steering feedback.

Which Car and size?
Liva diesel gd sp (will book soon)
Original tire size 175/65 R14
Going for 185/65 R14 (will use original steel rims). Till 140kmph I found liva diesel stable, after that it started to wobble on stock MRF tires.

Do let me know which are the best tires, availability in specified size and with harder sidewalls, as mentioned my running is on rough roads also.

Last edited:
For the conditions you have explained

It should be BS My-2 or Yokos can handle those situations fairly.

MRF ZLO is also good, but you may good more tyre noise I hope and the ride may be very stiff.

Try to look for continental and appolo accelere too as most of the people buy them

Hi,
I need to know which tires are better.

1. Bridgestone MY-02
2. Bridgestone MY-01
3. Yokohama A / C drives
4. MRF zlo
5. Any other brand
My order of priority:
1. Yokohama A/C drive
2. MY-02
3. MY-01 (have gone 16000 kms without a single puncture on my car with daily running of 70 kms including a horrible stretch of 2 kms)
4. Zlo

I am looking for tires those are
a. Less prone to punctures (my drive is on bad roads mostly)
b. Minimum noise
c. Excellent dry/wet handling (not prone to skidding)
4. Ride should be good with improved steering feedback.
a. Less prone to punctures: Yokohamas and Bridgestones are equally good on this count.
B. Minimum noise: The BEST tyres for this are the Michelin XM2 and the Yokohama DB series.
c. Excellent dry and wet handling: Yokohama C drive
4. Ride should be good with improved steering feedback: Conflicting requirement. Good ride entails higher profile ratio while improved steering feedback demands lower profile ratio. Best compromise = Yokohama A drive/Bridgestone MY-02

Which Car and size?
Liva diesel gd sp (will book soon)
Original tire size 175/65 R14
Going for 185/65 R14 (will use original steel rims). Till 140kmph I found liva diesel stable, after that it started to wobble on stock MRF tires.

Do let me know which are the best tires, availability in specified size and with harder sidewalls, as mentioned my running is on rough roads also.
Wobble may not be due to tyres alone. Nevertheless, get the alignment and balancing checked.

For the conditions you have explained

It should be BS My-2 or Yokos can handle those situations fairly.

Try to look for continental and appolo accelere too as most of the people buy them
I agree that MY 02 or Yokos suits the requirement better. Yokos are pretty much established but have heard lot of positive reviews about MY 02s from tyre professionals and users. Have almost finalized that next tyre change for Punto would be My series. I have been using Bridgestone Turanza in my Alto and they are true VFM tyres. MY 02 is an improvement over Turanza series, so it will be only better than previous.

Zlos are VFM buy but dont inspire much confidence while cornering at speeds of 120 kmph and above. Side walls tends to stretch a bit.

You can definitely take a look at Continental tyres. They have couple of good options in their 'Connect' series.

No doubt Acceleres are VFM buy but they are on higher side when it comes to road noise

I agree that MY 02 or Yokos suits the requirement better. Yokos are pretty much established but have heard lot of positive reviews about MY 02s from tyre professionals and users. Have almost finalized that next tyre change for Punto would be My series. I have been using Bridgestone Turanza in my Alto and they are true VFM tyres. MY 02 is an improvement over Turanza series, so it will be only better than previous.

Zlos are VFM buy but dont inspire much confidence while cornering at speeds of 120 kmph and above. Side walls tends to stretch a bit.

You can definitely take a look at Continental tyres. They have couple of good options in their 'Connect' series.

No doubt Acceleres are VFM buy but they are on higher side when it comes to road noise
+100,

Even, the tyre brands like Honcook and Nanking also going very well these days and few of our members are also reported them as VFM. I think our member "thegreatv" is using on his swift one out of those tyres when I met him in Bangalore and I have seen his tyres they look awesome buddy[:)]

I had bought 5 Apollo accelere (155/80-13) for my esteem 8 months before and crossed 5K km now and still looks new from every angle. I like the tread pattern in accelere and many people still asks me that did i changed tires now and it makes me happy. I dint felt much road noise from this. Even this profile tires are very narrow, it dint skidded on braking till now and i felt the tires are stable with good road grip. I had driven it at 155km/hr and not felt much difference. My brother had replaced 4 nanking tires to his Honda city type 2 before 3 months crossed 2K Kms. No issues faced till now and not felt anything bad.

Last edited:
+100,

Even, the tyre brands like Honcook and Nanking also going very well these days and few of our members are also reported them as VFM. I think our member "thegreatv" is using on his swift one out of those tyres when I met him in Bangalore and I have seen his tyres they look awesome buddy[:)]
Yes i am using Nankang. Its a Taiwan based tyre manufacturing company. They are slowly gaining popularity in the Indian tyre market.
Its been about 3000 kms now and haven't faced any issues. [:)]

@thegreatv

I really appriciate your post here, as we are still in a herd mentality that only michelin,BS,MRF or accellore are good. But the fact is that people are really going for Honcook and Nanking these days. I have seen this trend personally in Hyderabad and surprised on the same. But your words are giving us assurance to go for such brands

Er, sorry for nitpicking friends, but shouldn't it be Nankang and Hankook?

These two brands offer good tyres but personally, I would rather remain away from these brands for want of more/better sales/service outlets. The dealers that I have come across for these brands are more 'here today gone tomorrow' types. Maybe things are better in other cities, so no generalizations from my side!

Last edited:
Er, sorry for nitpicking friends, but shouldn't it be Nankang and Hankook?

These two brands offer good tyres but personally, I would rather remain away from these brands for want of more/better sales/service outlets. The dealers that I have come across for these brands are more 'here today gone tomorrow' types. Maybe things are better in other cities, so no generalizations from my side!
True! Since its still gaining popularity, it will take sometime to/never reach the popularity levels of michelins,yoko's and others.
I would still recommend yokos/michelins/pirellis even today if it fits in your budget.
I was ready to take a chance with Nankang/Maxxis since i knew a few of them using them and they had given a very good feedback. [:)]

True! Since its still gaining popularity, it will take sometime to/never reach the popularity levels of michelins,yoko's and others.
I would still recommend yokos/michelins/pirellis even today if it fits in your budget.
I was ready to take a chance with Nankang/Maxxis since i knew a few of them using them and they had given a very good feedback. [:)]
+100, buddy, yes there are lot of users in Hyderabad these days for Honkook and Nanking both and the experience seems to be very good at least when you compare them from the crap JK tornados[:)]

Thread Starter #13
I have received a quote of INR 500.00 for exchange of each Goodyear dura plus with BS MY 02 185/65 R14.

So for five tires its 2500/-. Is it a good deal?

Thread Starter #14
One more update. I went to a shop on Paud road. This guy recommended me goodyear dura plus 185/65 R14. He quoted exchange price for 5 tires @4500/-.

Now I am confused regarding Bridgestone MY02 as this guy mentioned they are actually undersized than what they claim.

Top Bottom