RaceDynamics, an Indian automotive performance tuning firm operating out of Bangalore have just come up with their latest product aimed at boosting both performance as well as fuel economy of common rail turbo diesel engined cars. The product we’re talking about is the Dual Channel Tuning Box, a box that’ll fit all diesel cars equipped with the turbocharger controlled by the ECU of the car. This means that most of the turbo diesel cars equipped with variable geometry turbochargers like the Fiat Linea, the Fiat Grande Punto 90 HP, the Hyundai i20 CRDI. the Hyundai Verna CRDI, the Chevrolet Cruze and the Maruti Suzuki SX4 Diesel, to name just a few cars are compatible with the Dual Channel DieselTronic tuning box built by RaceDynamics. Here’s all you need to know about RaceDynamics’ latest diesel tuning box, in an ICB Exclusive.
Team ICB spoke to Mr Binoy of RaceDynamics Bangalore and posed a few questions about the DieselTronic Dual Channel Diesel Tuning Box and here the information we managed to glean through the conversation.
* The RaceDynamics Dual Channel Diesel Tuning Box is priced at INR 26,000, which is exactly 6,000 Rupees higher than the Single Channel DieselTronic Tuning Box.
* The Dual Channel tuning box will be available across India by the end of this month.
* The Dual Channel tuning box will work with all cars equipped with a turbocharger whose boost pressure is controlled by an ECU. In the Indian context, the dual channel tuning box will work with all turbo diesel cars equipped with variable geometry turbochargers.
* The dual channel tuning box is an improved version of the single channel tuning box in that it modifies both boost pressure a as well as the rail pressure to boost performance and fuel economy. On the other hand, the single channel tuning box only modifies the rail pressure.
* Since both the turbo boost pressure as well as the rail pressure can be modified/manipulated through the dual channel tuning box, it allows RaceDynamics to optimize the maps accordingly.
* RaceDynamics claims that the dual channel tuning box brings more refinement to the table, not to mention the better performance and fuel economy as two vital engine parameters(turbo boost and rail pressure) can now be controlled instead of just one.
* Like the single channel tuning box, the dual channel DieselTronic tuning box comes with 4 modes, Standard, Economy, P1 and P2. All these modes can be controlled through a wireless remote(A best in class feature) that works on RFID technology. Through the wireless remote, the driver of the car can seamlessly change the different modes of the RaceDynamics tuning box, making for a high degree of customization.
* What the remote essentially does is, it allows the driver to select from the 4 pre-loaded maps in the DieselTronic Dual Channel Tuning Box. Standard mode allows the diesel tuning box to be overridden by the car’s stock ECU. Economy mode optimizes fuel rail pressure maximum fuel economy. P1 mode boosts power and torque by about 10%. P2 mode boost power and torque by about 30%. Turbo boost and rail pressure are controlled only in P1 and P2 modes. Standard mode leaves both these parameters untouched while the the Economy mode modifies only the rail pressure, leaving turbo boost untouched.
* The RaceDynamics DieselTronic dual channel tuning box, like the single channel tuning box, is a plug and play device. This mean that the engine’s internals will remain untouched as the device plugs into the wiring of the rail pressure and turbo sensors through robustly designed connectors. Installation will take under half an hour.
* Although, many owners will be able to connect and disconnect the diesel tuning box by themselves, RaceDynamics suggests that professional mechanics handle the short installation procedure for a hassle free install.
* RaceDynamics claims that the DieselTronic tuning box will not be detected by the ECU diagnostic tools that authorised car service centers use. That said, if you have a DieselTronic tuning box equipped turbo diesel car under warranty, you’d do well to disconnect the tuning box before dropping off your car for service.
* If you thought that the Wireless Remote is the coolest thing about the RaceDynamics DieselTronic tuning boxes, we’ve got another pleasant surprise for you. By design, the RaceDynamics DieselTronic tuning box can work on multiple cars. Imagine this scene: You buy a DieselTronic box for your turbo diesel car. In a year’s time, you move up the value chain and buy another turbo diesel car. What do you do with the DieselTronic tuning box? You simply disconnect it from your previous car and carry it over to your new car. You need to get in touch with the blokes at RaceDynamics, who’ll be very happy to sell you new connectors(Ofcourse, at a fraction of the cost of a new tuning box) that’ll ensure that your DieselTronic tuning box works with your new turbo diesel car.
* All RaceDynamics Diesel Tuning Boxes come with a limited two year warranty.
* Meanwhile, here are performance figures for the Tata Aria equipped with the dual channel RaceDynamics DieselTronic tuning box, Tested Performance Figures – TATA Aria:
Bhp Stock: 139 bhp
Bhp (P1): 149 bhp
Bhp (P2): 162 bhp
Torque Stock: 349Nm
Torque (P1): 373Nm
Torque(P2): 397Nm http://www.indiancarsbikes.in/wp-con...ox-on-test.jpg
Anyone interested ?