Swift Zdi Tyre and Alloy Wheel Change

Thread Starter #1
Hello TAI'ndians!!

This is my first post,

Need your suggestions for tyre changing which I am planning for Swift ZDI which is getting delivered next month (hope so!!)

Today I went to Ashoka Wheels in Hyderabad and for below Lenso Samurai Alloy wheen he quoted a price of 25k (Set of 4) [confused]. Not sure if he is quoting reasonable price!!

Alloy2.jpg

Alloy3.jpg

And also when I asked him about the alloy wheels which I get with ZDI, he said they can be traded for 2k each and if tyres are Good Year it can fetch 2600 each....for JK ones it is around 2200.

Can someone pleae suggest me if this is a good deal?

And also I am really confused on upgrading my Tyres to Michelin or Yoko. Seems this guy is Michelin dealer he recommended them.

I have shortlisted to Michelin Energy XM2 Tubeless or Yoko C Drives....I'm really worried about Comfort and FE after changing them. I guess if I go with 185/65/R15 I can't get them in Yoko. So please suggest me good tyres which gives good comfort and doesn't alter my FE much!!

Thanks in advance!!

Hi welcome to TAI. Congratulation for your new SWIFT . Your choice of alloys looks good. My choice of tire will be Michelin.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #3
Thanks ADS99 for your reply!!

By the way the Swift I ordered is Silver color....not sure if the alloy suits it well!! [confused]

This alloys will look cool and superb on your brand new silver colour Swift.
So don't get confused. I am sure that it will match and merger well and gives a different stylish look.

What size is the alloys you are buying? The rate depends upon the size.

Regarding trading the alloy for 2k. It doesn't sound much appealing to me coz there are people who are willing to buy it for more than that. The hard thing is to find the buyer! [confused]

2k for the ZDi is too low. The alloys can be traded off at a much higher price, thanks to its superb design. Hence rather than selling the OE wheels to the dealer, try giving it to an individual. You can put it in our Classifieds section so as to attract the prospective buyers. And since they are brand new, 2k/wheel is simply a ripoff by the dealer. DO NOT SELL YOUR WHEELS TO HIM.

As for the Lenso wheels, yes the price of these wheels is higher than the regular Neo and Platii.

For the tire, theres no doubt about the quality of Michelins. However, a tire can be suggested only after knowing the kind of roads they would be commuting on. Hence please mention what kind of roads your car would be usually cruising on.

Thread Starter #7
2k for the ZDi is too low. The alloys can be traded off at a much higher price, thanks to its superb design. Hence rather than selling the OE wheels to the dealer, try giving it to an individual. You can put it in our Classifieds section so as to attract the prospective buyers. And since they are brand new, 2k/wheel is simply a ripoff by the dealer. DO NOT SELL YOUR WHEELS TO HIM.

As for the Lenso wheels, yes the price of these wheels is higher than the regular Neo and Platii.

For the tire, theres no doubt about the quality of Michelins. However, a tire can be suggested only after knowing the kind of roads they would be commuting on. Hence please mention what kind of roads your car would be usually cruising on.
Will try to check with few more showrooms on selling the stock tyres and alloys...
Will be driving on Hyderabad roads [anger] so comfort is a priority!!

What size is the alloys you are buying? The rate depends upon the size.

Regarding trading the alloy for 2k. It doesn't sound much appealing to me coz there are people who are willing to buy it for more than that. The hard thing is to find the buyer! [confused]
Will buy only 15inch alloys and also planning to go with stock tyre size only which is 185/65/R15.....not sure what difference it makes me to upgrade to 195/70/R15? Any suggestions!!

Will try to check with few more showrooms on selling the stock tyres and alloys...

Will buy only 15inch alloys and also planning to go with stock tyre size only which is 185/65/R15.....not sure what difference it makes me to upgrade to 195/70/R15? Any suggestions!!
Go for 195/60/15 you have mutliple choices from continental to pirelli to bridgestone

By the way you can PM me your look out price for OEM Alloys i would be interested to take it, if it works around for me

hi ,

Congratulations to your new Swift. The alloys you chose are amazing .

Even i own a Swift VDI , and will be interested in buying your Stock Tyre and Alloys.

Let me know if you interested.

Regards

Jatin Ahuja

@Prem

Welcome to TAI and congrats for your new Swift. Which color it is ??

The alloys posted by you look awesome, but it really depends on the car color too. The cost look to me little bit high. Please visit Reliance Autozone in Tolichowki where you find lot of alloy wheels options on display and prices are really reasonable and also for tyres too.

Congrats Prem for your New Swift.

I recently bought a Swift vdi (White) and changed the stock to a Deep dish HRS alloy 15'' with Continental premier Contact2 (195/60/15) it looks stunning and i've today clocked close to 2400km on my odo. The ride quality is perfectly fine and looks really meaty in my car.

When i enquired about the Michelin primacy LC (195/60/15) the dealer said Continental is much better than the Michelin both in terms of Grip and handling. I chose the continental and never regretted for what i've today...

BTW your choice of alloys looks really stunning. For those silver it should really be a head turner [clap]. Congrats and Happy motoring!!

Cheers,
- Ash...

Your alloy looks ravishing man.I envy you. [;)]

It will be really very beautiful on road. Regarding color of the car, since it is black, it will match with every color but I will personally like Red.

Congrats Prem for your New Swift.

I recently bought a Swift vdi (White) and changed the stock to a Deep dish HRS alloy 15'' with Continental premier Contact2 (195/60/15) it looks stunning and i've today clocked close to 2400km on my odo. The ride quality is perfectly fine and looks really meaty in my car.

When i enquired about the Michelin primacy LC (195/60/15) the dealer said Continental is much better than the Michelin both in terms of Grip and handling. I chose the continental and never regretted for what i've today...

BTW your choice of alloys looks really stunning. For those silver it should really be a head turner [clap]. Congrats and Happy motoring!!

Cheers,
- Ash...
Can you post the pics of your Swift.I m interested with those for my Swift VDI 2010,which had done almost 78K Km in 3 years 5 days.But,I have Michelin XM2 185/70R14 for Swift.

Hi Prem,[:)]
Congrats for your Swift[cheers]
Me too have Swift, so I am interested in purchasing the OEM alloys of your car.

Can you post the pics of your Swift.I m interested with those for my Swift VDI 2010,which had done almost 78K Km in 3 years 5 days.But,I have Michelin XM2 185/70R14 for Swift.

Music SWIFT - As per your request...

Attachments

Top Bottom