Help Needed for Hyundai i10 Alloys

Thread Starter #1
Hi Guys I need a little help in purchasing alloys for my ride i10.

The First and foremost thing you guys should know I think is that I have driven 17K Kms and I know my tyres can still go upto 40k kms..

But I am getting a little restless to get those alloys for it.

The problem starts from here that I want to go from 155/80R13 to 185/60R14.[clap]

So I am a bit confused what should be my move to wait or to get alloys on same tyre or change tyres and get alloys with them..

To many OR's I know sorry can't help it, I have been thinking day in day out to take a decision but no success. So guys kindly help me out.

Below is the link of My i10. If you think I can get the alloys please suggest the make and some color combo and design for my i10.[:D]

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/ownership-reviews/11129-i10-magna-ownership-review-16k-2-6-years.html

Thanks a ton in advance.. Grrrrrrrrr it is really tough to decide. [frustration]

Re: Help Needed for alloys [i10].

saubhagyab, first and foremost i too feel that the OEM tyres are smaller as all manufacturers do these days for the ride,too puny they are,and if you stick to buy just the alloys you have to choose from 13" with stock ones which once you get it you have to stick with 13" with new tyres as well,where even there you can go for 175/70/R13 size later on.If you want to upgrade to 14" then these alloys wont be of any use,so think twice and decide on your tyres first do you want to stick to 13" or want to upgrade to 14" and then go for alloys.Believe me even in 13" but with fatter rubber the i looks superb.Our member Peter has i10 and he had upgraded as well to alloys and rubbers do have a look at his ownership thread.

Thread Starter #3

saubhagyab, first and foremost i too feel that the OEM tyres are smaller as all manufacturers do these days for the ride,too puny they are,and if you stick to buy just the alloys you have to choose from 13" with stock ones which once you get it you have to stick with 13" with new tyres as well,where even there you can go for 175/70/R13 size later on.If you want to upgrade to 14" then these alloys wont be of any use,so think twice and decide on your tyres first do you want to stick to 13" or want to upgrade to 14" and then go for alloys.Believe me even in 13" but with fatter rubber the i looks superb.Our member Peter has i10 and he had upgraded as well to alloys and rubbers do have a look at his ownership thread.
Thanks Vijay. Can you tell me one more thing I am not sure of it If I go for 13" alloy will it fit all profile tyre like 155 to 175 say? I think the alloys also have some width or so not sure though.

Hi saubhagyab,

According to me it is better to stay with OEM. If you change the tyre and rim size you will face the following problems:
1. FE
2. Odometer
3. While turning it may rub under fender.
4. Turning radius ?

It is better to check all this.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #5
Can someone please tell me one more thing I am not sure of it If I go for 13" alloy will it fit all profile tyre like 155 to 175 say? I think the alloys also have some width or so not sure though.

The problem starts from here that I want to go from 155/80R13 to 185/60R14.
I have upgraded to that size. No problems at all.

So I am a bit confused what should be my move to wait or to get alloys on same tyre or change tyres and get alloys with them..
Change the alloys and tyres together. The stock tyres and rims are 13" so you have to change.

please suggest the make and some color combo and design for my i10
Check out my i10 thread: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...1-p3t3rs-crystal-white-i10-kappa2-sportz.html

. If you change the tyre and rim size you will face the following problems:
1. FE
2. Odometer
3. While turning it may rub under fender.
4. Turning radius ?

It is better to check all this.
FE will drop slightly, no problem with odometer if you upgrade properly, 185's do not rub the fender, turning radius is not affected.

Can someone please tell me one more thing I am not sure of it If I go for 13" alloy will it fit all profile tyre like 155 to 175 say? I think the alloys also have some width or so not sure though.
Go for 14"

Thread Starter #7
I have upgraded to that size. No problems at all.

Change the alloys and tyres together. The stock tyres and rims are 13" so you have to change.

Check out my i10 thread: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...1-p3t3rs-crystal-white-i10-kappa2-sportz.html

FE will drop slightly, no problem with odometer if you upgrade properly, 185's do not rub the fender, turning radius is not affected.

Go for 14"
Thanks a ton P3t3r you really solved all my problems..One last question do we have any site where we can try different alloys and see how they look apart from doing it manual by photoshop. And i have seen your i10 its looks awsome mans..

Last edited:

Thanks Vijay. Can you tell me one more thing I am not sure of it If I go for 13" alloy will it fit all profile tyre like 155 to 175 say? I think the alloys also have some width or so not sure though.
An 13" alloys goes with any size of 13" tyres and same as 14"but you have to check with the width available with the design of the alloy you choose for any size you prefer to go with.Certain design doesnt fit every tyre sizes.
Also there are many sites OL available where you can check the difference you will put while upsizing from current size,what difference would it make.

Thread Starter #11

An 13" alloys goes with any size of 13" tyres and same as 14"but you have to check with the width available with the design of the alloy you choose for any size you prefer to go with.Certain design doesnt fit every tyre sizes.
Also there are many sites OL available where you can check the difference you will put while upsizing from current size,what difference would it make.
Thanks vijay. Now just waiting for my increment to get 14".. [clap]

Top Bottom