Hyundai Verna Black Roof and Smoked Headlamps

Thread Starter #1
Hi guyz. I am planning to go for black roof (carbon fiber vinyl) & smoked tail lamps (gum less tape for lights only) in Verna Fluidic, please suggest me whether this upgrade will look good or not. I am going to have it by tomorrow or day after tomorrow. Need help. :please:

Re: Suggestion for doing black roof & smoked tail lamps in Verna Fluidic

Not to kill your enthusiasm - i believe you have to make an entry at the RTO for a different color roof, i remember reading it somewhere

I dont know about the rules but the tuning would look superb! But dont go for carbon fibre vinyls,they look cheap. Go for normal black [:)].

Thread Starter #4

Not to kill your enthusiasm - i believe you have to make an entry at the RTO for a different color roof, i remember reading it somewhere
Hey thanks for replying RPM2500, but is it compulsory to take permission from the RTO for doing full sticker work on roof as it will be temporary and not the permanent one. [confused] I will be driving in Chandigarh, Punjab, Haryana and Himachal Pradesh only.

The ferrarifan: i've seen some BMW's and Punto in Chandigarh with carbon fibre vinyl. IMO they were also looking good thats why i am confused between normal one and carbon fibre vinyl. I'l be going to the sticker guy tomorrow and will check both. [;)]

Last edited:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM2500

Hey thanks for replying RPM2500, but is it compulsory to take permission from the RTO for doing full sticker work on roof as it will be temporary and not the permanent one. [confused] I will be driving in Chandigarh, Punjab, Haryana and Himachal Pradesh only.
Precisely sticker work im unaware, however heard cops were catching cars with painted/stickered roof

IMO paint looks the best when you want your roof black, sticker won't give you the same gloss as the paint

Say - even if its illegal - you will be stopped either ways (keeping in mind the cop cant make out if your roof is stickered or painted [lol])

so your best bet will be paint , EDIT - again you might have to opt out of this due to warranty concerns

Fuidic Verna will look killer with a black roof

Nevertheless do post pics

Last edited:
Thread Starter #6

Precisely sticker work im unaware, however heard cops were catching cars with painted/stickered roof

IMO paint looks the best when you want your roof black, sticker won't give you the same gloss as the paint

Say - even if its illegal - you will be stopped either ways (keeping in mind the cop cant make out if your roof is stickered or painted [lol])

so your best bet will be paint , EDIT - again you might have to opt out of this due to warranty concerns

Fuidic Verna will look killer with a black roof

Nevertheless do post pics
Yes, paint looks best but i don't want to go for permanent as after boredom it will be a pain to make it white again. [;)] For sticker thing all you have to do is rip it off!!!
The sticker guy has quoted Rs. 2000/- for roof and 1500 for tail lights smoking. Is it fair price.?

Yes, paint looks best but i don't want to go for permanent as after boredom it will be a pain to make it white again. [;)] For sticker thing all you have to do is rip it off!!!
The sticker guy has quoted Rs. 2000/- for roof and 1500 for tail lights smoking. Is it fair price.?
Bargain for the sticker quotes as this is done fairly within 3k mark,roof as well as smoked lamps, thats what i have seen few people paying to the sticker guys while i was there for my numberplate,roof blackened and tail lights smoked,two verna,one vento,

re: Hyundai Verna Black Roof and Smoked Headlamps - Pics on Pg1&3

Hey

I have seen a fluidic verna here in Tvm with gloss black roof and smoked lamps (or was it headlamps with projectors or DRLs? I don't remember now). Let me tell you. That car looked so beautiful. But I've never been able to take a picture because whenever I see that car, I'm usually driving in the opposite direction.
Im not sure about carbon fibre vinyl. It might look cheap. But let me tell you, gloss black looks HAWT!
Do post pictures once you get about doing it. I'm considering a gloss black roof for my white Polo.

Thread Starter #10

Hey thanks for the suggestions friends. at last i opted carbon fibre vinyl. The sticker guy showed me both the stickers and trust me carbon vinyl was looking awesum. clicked only few pics as i had to drive to simla after that. I am satisfied with the work and paid Rs. 2700/- for the work.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

post some pics then , i too want to see how the car looks.

ps : i saw a verna with black but it had matte finish and the condition of the car was not that good so it looked disgusting.

Looks great himalyan! Time to change your DP now. Anything else on mind?

Thread Starter #14

Looks great himalyan! Time to change your DP now. Anything else on mind?
thanks Theferrarifan: i also got seat covers, artificial leather in black with silver stripes. Pics will be posted tomorrow. Next upgrade will be descent alloys, and the colour will be black!!! [;)]

Thread Starter #15

Bargain for the sticker quotes as this is done fairly within 3k mark,roof as well as smoked lamps, thats what i have seen few people paying to the sticker guys while i was there for my numberplate,roof blackened and tail lights smoked,two verna,one vento,
@ vijay: yes i bargained with the guy and got a discount for Rs. 300 and after discount final price was Rs. 2700/-

@ saubhayab: i am also dependent upon gods grace now. [;)]

@ vipinLJ: i was confused between gloss black & carbon fibre, and after seeing both i opted the carbon fibre vinyl. IMO it looks better. [:)]

@ allhyundaicars: for better finish and looks, sticker guy suggested me to apply polish on the roof. I hope it will help me to retain its looks.

Top Bottom