Under Dashboard Lighting

Thread Starter #1
hey guys. today i found an e-book giving details of led lighting systems. i have planned to do the under-dash lighting for the alto as done by surender. the link fo the e-book is given below.in the e-book the "led lighting units" is the third chapter on page no. 15. and for my car i thought that the one on page 24 will be a suitable one.but that operates on 230v ac. can it be compatible for the car if i remove the transformer and the bridge circuit part? i request members to please give suggestions on my choice whether its right or no. also i would like to know is there any special kind of led's which give out more light? i was thinking of going for blue ones. and mumbai and bangalore members may please suggest me any place in mumbai and bangalore where the led's are available for the best prices.
any other suggestion is whole heartedly welcome.i am not a newbie to soldering etc. i am in half way an instrumentation engineer and therefore electronics is nothing new to me. but my major problem is the electrical layout of the car which i am not familiar with. so please guide me.

link for the e-book
http://www.vigyanashram.com/html/Led Book.pdf

i too was thinking of getting one for my ride. But not a DIY for sure. I am not really good at it. But i wa thinking o white colour in the interior.

Ready made LED's are available of various size and power,you can just mount it under the das but make sure the wires dosent tangle with leg or any ABC ;)

i had done for my car. it was just done by an technical workman. he just connected the led strip wire to the wires from the ecu only by just removing its insulation and then winding upon it..!! it jst cost me only 350rs..all together..!!

Last edited by a moderator:

deville_56

Honoured Member
ramie can you please tell as to where can i get them? and what about the cost?
You can get LED strips. Available in all colors. 200-300 bucks/meter. adhesive tape on one side, sticks directly to surface and its too slim too. Works on 12V.

Top Bottom