Colour Me Crazy Custom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
The following are the works done by a shop call Colour Me Crazy based in Trivandrum. I'm mighty impressed to say the least!

They do cars, laptops, helmets, cellphones, you name it, they do it!

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #2
Note EVERY THING IN THE IMAGE YOU SEE IS CUSTOM PAINTED !! Yea You HEARD IT RIGHT ITS ALL PAINT AND NOT STICKERS !!! [clap]

Couple of More Photos

Attachments

Wonderful info Vishak, am mighty impressed with their work especially the one on the KTM. are the based in Chennai?

deville_56

Honoured Member
Failure to stick to promise, inability to deliver what was promised, manhandling, poor job, exorbitant rate. This was what happened with one of my close friend's ride. Spoiled his ride, returned the ride in crippled condition, no where near as promised.

Another job for another acquintance of mine, one listed above was also charged so high, though he was convinced by CMCC saying blah blahs. You know the guy, he is one of our FB mutual friends. CMCC charged more than others charge for the entire bike for a part job, ended in disaster.

One more thing is the customer pay for the paint job and most time CMCC's log and name dominates the job, not at all a welcome thing.

PS: I'm not saying all their jobs, some are too good and very much appreciable, the Duke and the KA reg FZ for example.

Thread Starter #10
I know who you are taking about [surprise]

They really did that job well and have photographs for the same its not their concern if some one pour brake fluid or get the clear coat form outside

They do charge high its because of the paint the the quality used.

You could check out the price for the paint price from dupont and verify

deville_56

Honoured Member
I am seeing them in real most days. No after-CMCC mods of any kind done on the 2. Don't sell the clearcoat-brake fluid story.

The biggest fraud thing was not just a paint job. It was a full makeover promised, returned bike after lot of fight and delay. Got it back in just crap quality matt black with some cheap quality aftermarket stuff, incomplete job, most of the original parts including oil pump missing. Paid almost 40k for a 1k job.

2nd job was Jake's R15. 13k for painting the "road side auto-rickshaw painter quality airbrush (design-wise, not paint quality)" on just 2 side boards and painting an alloy not justified no matter what paint used. It was a **** job by any standards and way overpriced.

And don't say about dupont made it so high. I got quote from the Dupont dealer (at Bakery Juntion) itself for 6-7k for painting my whole bike including labor and one of CMCC rivals use the same Dupont and including clear coat charges way less than CMCC.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #12
Jake was very happy with the outcome of his r15

Anyway I am not here for a Debate
I came there as a customer and did get what i paid for [clap]
Then i Stayed along with them that so that make my Story a happy one..!!!

deville_56

Honoured Member
Jake was very happy with the outcome of his r15

Anyway I am not here for a Debate
I came there as a customer and did get what i paid for [clap]
Then i Stayed along with them that so that make my Story a happy one..!!!
That's why I specifically asked for your relation with CMCC. Our relation with them was very very bad with them. Someone close to them referred us to them and in their presence they gave great ideas, but output was nowhere near.

Bike was a silver RX125 (bored one). He wanted to convert it into cafe racer after seeing one in a forum. CMCC gave a great design. Months passed and never bothered to return the bike. After fighting, got back a ridable engine on chassis thingy with a carrybag full of aftermarket parts. Other than Cafe mod, full DC setup, powedercoated rims and exhaust were there in plan. In the end, he was saying chrome cannot be powdercoated. DC conversion ended in a 2.5Ah battery. Some crap aftermarkert footpeg, which broke away with TD with the CMCC referred mech itself. Lost the original speedo, fuel pump, headlamp, numberplates, chain cover, etc. Got a crap tiffin box like headlamp unit on some local machined clamps. Painting was aweful. He didn't even bother to level the holes where logos were bolted. Whatever he didn't do he was saying it is not possible. Rim paints were peeling off. I could've done a better quality painting with aerosol cans under 1k. Fitted some Shaolin seat and some ugly unpainted clamps in rear and lifted smoked stock tail-lamp (supposed to be custom flush fit LEDs as promised). Had to send it to Hilton Yamaha to get all the missing parts and make the bike back to stock, left the matt black paint alone to stay from CMCC.

Jake is happy with them because he still blindly believes in what he was told (the DuPont story, 12.5k worth paint and 500 bucks labor, no one else do this at this rate). He was boasting about it in the beginning, now ask him, every one was making fun of him saying it looks like the "Murugan figure" in from of Autos. I still say the CMC painter needs to improve a lot in painting faces and should charge to real-real price (not asking them to make it dirt cheap, but something in justifiable range). Without ugly faces (see the funny-faced Sachin for example), CMCC jobs are awesome (except the pricing).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom