What is ECU Remapping?

Thread Starter #1
hai guys
One of my friend who has a Ford figo diesel installed Dieseltronics but he was not satisfied with that.So he told me that "He is going to Remap ECU".
Till today I'm unaware of that and came to know about that here.
When i googled it said "Its some computerised device controling all RPM and fuel supply.
So want to aquire more knowledge about that from you people and share want i know.

Re: ECU Remapping

hai guys
One of my friend who has a Ford figo diesel installed Dieseltronics but he was not satisfied with that.So he told me that "He is going to Remap ECU".
Till today I'm unaware of that and came to know about that here.
When i googled it said "Its some computerised device controling all RPM and fuel supply.
So want to aquire more knowledge about that from you people and share want i know.
ECU - engine control unit. basically its a computer that controls almost every action of your car. by default car manufactures will write some codes to it and car will behave according to it. for example. take nano, when it reaches 105kmph the fuel to the engine will be cut off this will be written in a program which is also called set of protocols.
ECU remap is just changing some values or modifying the stock programs. in case of the figo diesel. he may change turbo timings, fuel intake ratio , etc.

Common terms in the world of performance are :

ECU remap - Changing the maps /codes on the stock ECU

Piggy back - Adding another programmable ECU along with the stock one. Example Greddy E manage

Standalone ECU - changing the stock ECU with aftermarket ECU with everything programmable. Example : Haltech sprint/ pro plus , Apexi Power Fc

some of the best remapping done by Tune-O-Tronics Mumbai, what I've heard. I do not affiliated with them in any way.

Top Bottom