Tyre Change for Swift Dzire ZXi

Thread Starter #1
Hello

I own a Swift Dzire Zxi (ABS) 2009 model.

I have done 83000 kilometers on my company fitted tubeless JK tyres, and they need replacement now.

I wanted to know that which tyre (make and size) should i go for, keeping in mind comfort and mileage.

Thanks
Ashish

350Z

Core Team
I have done 83000 kilometers on my company fitted tubeless JK tyres, and they need replacement now. I wanted to know that which tyre (make and size) should i go for, keeping in mind comfort and mileage.
Welcome aboard to The Automotive India, Ashish. Considering the mileage, I’m quite sure the tyres would not be in a usable condition at all. There are several renowned brands. Do let us know the budget and kind of terrain the car often travels on.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Welcome to TAI
coming to the topic
Pls upsize your tyre from stock 165 to 185.
Really dzire stock tyres looks awkward in that body size.
I recommed Michelin or yokohama
If your driving comprise of rough roads yokohama is best
If your driving comprise only of city roads and desent roads michelin is best.
In my fiesta i have upgraded to 195/60 R14 from stock 175/65 R14
It provides better braking.

Thread Starter #5
Welcome aboard to The Automotive India, Ashish. Considering the mileage, I’m quite sure the tyres would not be in a usable condition at all. There are several renowned brands. Do let us know the budget and kind of terrain the car often travels on.

Drive Safe,
350Z
hey 350Z, my tyres are still in usable condition. I can still pull out another 4-5K out of them, but do not want to take chances.

my driving is about 100 kms/day on the highway, so the drive is pretty consistent and smooth, hence i am able to get a good run out of them.

my drive is mostly on city roads on only and zero or limited terrain ride.

I was thinking, should i stick with JK only since my current set of JK tyres have shown such a good performance, also, they are lot less less cheaper compared to michelin.

my drive is mostly on city roads on only and zero or limited terrain ride.

I was thinking, should i stick with JK only since my current set of JK tyres have shown such a good performance, also, they are lot less less cheaper compared to michelin.
hey ashish, i think its better you upgrade to 185/65/14 it may affect on both your tyre and fuel mileage but its more stable and good on looks. I strongly recommend bridgestone with all my experiences its good on all roads and delivers a decent mileage.

Thread Starter #7
hey ashish, i think its better you upgrade to 185/65/14 it may affect on both your tyre and fuel mileage but its more stable and good on looks. I strongly recommend bridgestone with all my experiences its good on all roads and delivers a decent mileage.
just a thought.. mileage is impacted by how much??

How about tyre noise in JK?
I hate tyre noise so went with Yokohama.So if you dont like tyre noise go with michelin and yokohama.
Michelin and yokohama gives you a warrenty for 70K Kms or some limited period.
In my view bridgestone will give a great life.But tyre noise would be there.In my fiesta there is no mileage impact.
But my upgrade was from 175/65 R14 to 195/60 R14 and the mileage is around 18 KMPL.Thats quiet enough for me.

Thread Starter #9
How about tyre noise in JK?
I hate tyre noise so went with Yokohama.So if you dont like tyre noise go with michelin and yokohama.
Michelin and yokohama gives you a warrenty for 70K Kms or some limited period.
In my view bridgestone will give a great life.But tyre noise would be there.In my fiesta there is no mileage impact.
But my upgrade was from 175/65 R14 to 195/60 R14 and the mileage is around 18 KMPL.Thats quiet enough for me.
yes, JK has some tyre noise... i suppose i have just got used to it. Will know the difference when i switch to michelin / bridgestone.

When i had my stock JK tornado tyres for my Swift Vxi, i was so used to the tyre noise that i used to think it was a normal sound. [lol] Once i upsized to alloys and to Nankang tyres that sound has disappeared and now i feel the silence, especially in the nights when the roads are empty. [clap]

Thread Starter #14
Hello All

What is the difference between these tyres with the first group:

(185/70 R14)
Michelin Energy XM2
Michelin Energy XM1+
Yokohama A Drive

and another group being

(195/60 R15)
Michelin Primacy LC
Yokohama A Drive
Yokohama ES 100

I am still undecided whether to go for 195/60/R15 or 185/70/R14.

Another question, between these teo tyre sizes, how much is the impact on ground clearance, and fuel mileage?

Thanks
Ashish

Ashish, firstly your swift dzire zxi, it comes with factory upsized 185/70/R14 set of tyres, do have a look at the size of your tyres, all other lower variants comes in 165 sets, so stick to your size for perfect balanced ride and economy,
for a combination of ride comfort, FE, tyre noise i would suggest you Yoko's, gives you v good grip as well as lesser tyre noise and you would instant see the difference in your ride noise, along with better grips compared to JK's any given day.Michelins are superb but with softer side walls, though very much silent ride amonst all, i would suggest you to go with yokohama A.

Top Bottom