Swift's High Performance Air-filter in Honda City i-Vtec?

Thread Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I had installed a Pipercross High performance conical air-filter(also known as induction kit) and an automech exhaust in my 2006 Swift. Now that i am selling my Swift, I have planned to sell the exhaust and install the Air filter in my 2011 Honda city i-Vtec. I had a word with the guys at automech @lower parel(mumbai), and they said that i can get it fitted to the i-vtec. So the question in my mind is that if we can get the Swifts aftermarket air filter fitted to the city, then why was another after-market air filter manufactured for the city in the first place? Is it that the swift's air filter wont be able to provide enough air to the engine resulting in loss of performance and fuel efficiency? Or are there other reasons? Also please suggest that should I really install the air filter in the city or should I just sell it as well?

46 views and 0 replies [anger]
Hi surajvtec, first of all warm welcome to TAI.

I can understand your frustration, but you have posted query yesterday and as you know this is Christmas time (Vacation). So can expect non availability of the Gurus here.

So I request you to be patient, and let the gurus come online. And don't worry Your query will surely be answered soon. [:)]

Thread Starter #4
Hi surajvtec, first of all warm welcome to TAI.

I can understand your frustration, but you have posted query yesterday and as you know this is Christmas time (Vacation). So can expect non availability of the Gurus here.

So I request you to be patient, and let the gurus come online. And don't worry Your query will surely be answered soon. [:)]
Thanks for the reply :)

Will be patient.

Pipercross has a range of universal AF like PX700. If your's is one of those than it can very well go into the city as well. The performance o/p of any AF varies from car to car so saying that it would perform less in the city is not correct entirely. Do post a pic of your AF and it's model number.

freakdude.

first of all your automech exhaust cannot be fitted into your city Ivtec. Citys headers are integrated with head and cannot be changed. And fitting the same piping from 1.3l to 1.5l engine will not be optimum. You can use the muffler though.

as for air filter, if your air filter was designed for upto 1.3l engine, it would not be optimum to fit it into city as it is a bigger engine. It can be fitted but still would not be optimum, and you may even lose on power.

Top Bottom