Can I Fix Indian Flag on My Car's Bumper?

Thread Starter #1
Can I fix Indian Flag in my cars Bumper ?

Is it legal to fix a Indian Flag in the front grill bumper of a car ? Kindly suggest me, as I heard from one of my friend long time ago that a ordinary person should not fix Indian Flag in the front bumper, it's only for IPS, IAS, Govt etc.

Please help me on this. Should I fix or not ? [confused]

Regards

S.Arvind

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Can I fix Indian Flag in my cars Bumper ?

Yes ,Indian citizen(common man) can definitely fix a national flag on the car. The rules have been changed accordingly sometimes back.
But it is nessesary by rules to maintain following things about it
It must be clean all the time, should not get mutiliated or torn, failure to maintain it amounts to insulting of the nation.

I refrained myself from fixing a flag to my car because It is common for the bus travelers to spit on bonnet of a sideby moving car.
And you never know, what street children will do to it , in an attempt to take it away.
For IPS ,IAS, politicos , it is left hand's index finger game to bring the errant bus travelers, children , and us also in to the books immidietly by virtue of the red beacon, in case of insult of the flag.

So, it is better to express the patriotism on the dashboard IMO.

Last edited:
There is no point in putting Indian flag on car bumper better to keep it at dash board.

The Indian Flag is our pride and it should not be exposed to dust and dirt. If we fail to maintain then the disrespect will be more than Patriotism.

Our politicians keep flags or hoist flags but some of them are biggest traitor of country and even dangerous than neighboring country.

Heres something from another thread

Flag Code of India,2002

1.4 The standard sizes of the National Flag shall be as follows:—
Flag Size No. Dimensions in mm
1 6300 x 4200
2 3600 x 2400
3 2700 x 1800
4 1800 x 1200
5 1350 x 900
6 900 x 600
7 450 x 300
8 225 x 150
9 150 x 100

3.23 The Flag shall not be draped over the hood, top, sides or back of a vehicle, train or boat.

--Courtesy Jalex on http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...ure-love-country-must-see-cars-flag-hood.html

Top Bottom