Need Powerful Headlight Bulb for Honda Activa 2010

Thread Starter #1
Hey mates,
i need to buy a powerful headlight bulb for my activa because of dense fog i have to travel at night from college to home about 30kms current bulb is stock need to buy it today can someone through some light to it.
Thanks for your time.[:)]

Mods please merge this thread to appropriate one.
Regards
S.M

Last edited:

bhvm

Honoured Member
I'm very late to this thread ,but for anyone still. searching for the same answer,
you can install car h4 55/60w bulbs in stock housings. you will need new h4 holder and wiring. mod is cheap to do and output is fantastic!!

upgrade to 55/60 H4 headlamps.

the following problems may arise:

1. Short circuit.
2. reflector blackening

the alternator of activa is a only 110kw, it will not be able to take the load of the 55/60w head lamp. A alternator with a load capacity of above 180kw will be only able to take up the 55/60w headlamp.

my suggesstion is to upgrade to 35/35w HID

bhvm

Honoured Member
upgrade to 55/60 H4 headlamps.

the following problems may arise:

1. Short circuit.
2. reflector blackening

the alternator of activa is a only 110kw, it will not be able to take the load of the 55/60w head lamp. A alternator with a load capacity of above 180kw will be only able to take up the 55/60w headlamp.

my suggesstion is to upgrade to 35/35w HID
hello pravin,
I've been using the activa for 2 months now with the mods and zero problems yet.
1. proper high low hid for bikes is not easily available and projector upgrade is very expensive!
2.the beam pattern with 55w upgrade is same which means less glare compared to hid
3. reflector damage May happen in future but city rides are short about 15mins max, hence doesn't heat much.
4. most of the idiots in city are still using 100w bulbs in high beam mode that forced me into this mod for mom's safety. I can sacrifice a headlight for her, no issues.
5. activa alternator is designed for maximum load of 35w headlight
21w turn signal
21w brake /rear light,
5w number plate light /meter light
10w horn.

hence it's capacity is easily sufficient unless you're trying to use everything at once.

Top Bottom