My Teddy Boy (Alto K10) Needs Shoes & Modification Suggestion

Thread Starter #1
Hey Guys Here iS 12/12/12

And also Need some Changes for My Teddy boy K10. Some of i requirement is below. Suggestion most required.[/B]

• Want to go for alloys / go for rim (explain both cost for pair of 5) reply this fast with pictures and cost
  • Need Some Light Works Like Door Light
  • I Want Convert Tail Light In To Smokey
  • Need To Improve Headlight
  • Best Fog Lamps
  • Horn (Skoda Or Polo Type "Poo Poo")
  • Car Sun Control Film (My Car Is Superior White)
  • IND Number Plates (What Is The Cost ?)

Last edited by a moderator:
I can answer a few of them-
Number plates- If you mean high security ones,they are for 400 rs.
Sun control is banned I guess?
Horn- go for Bosch ones. 800-1200 rs. Dyna ones have a lot of problems.
Smokey lights around 2000. Read adityas swift ownership thread.
Head lights: philips hid kit for 8000rs.

Revs

Suspended
For Alloys : The preferred brands are Plati, Neo, etc. In the Indian market, plati alloys are very common and are available in plenty of designs. You can also look for prestige alloys in the after-market shops. They will cost according to the design and quality. A normal set of 5 plati alloys of 13” will cost you around 15-20k INR in after-market shops. Since your K10 is white, you should go for black/grey alloy wheels with red/any other colour lip. Sorry, I am logged in through mobile, so will not be able to upload any pic of the alloy design. Don’t go for multispoke alloys, 5-6 spoke alloy wheel would look better on the small K10.

For taillights: The tail lamps can be smoked by paint or sticker. However, sticker work is often not glossy and lacks the feel. So, I would suggest to get them painted to gloss black (not matte black) which would cost around 2k INR for both taillamps. Our forum members ‘Ad!tya’ has done the same in his MS Swift.

For lighting : Actually, I don’t understand what you are talking about! Are you asking for underbody lighting or interior footwell lighting? Please clarify. BTW LEDs are now mostly used for car lighting purposes which cost <600INR for 5m. Do check the ones you get are water proof or not. Since they would come in contact with water many times (if they are on the outer car body) and may go kaput.

For headlights : There are 2 ways:
- Projectors with HIDs : HID setup can be installed in a car without projectors also but most members recommend to install projectors also. Our forum members ‘Ad!tya’ and ‘Naveen’ have done this in their Alto and Swift respectively. The preffered brands are AES which cost almost 8-9k INR + for projectors and around 4-5k INR for HIDs. More information can be collected in the separate thread for HIDs in the forum itself.
- Changing bulbs : You can also upgrade the bulbs. There would be a spec given in your car manual with 2 values; one for low beam and other for high beam. For eg : In 55/60W, 55 is for low beam and 60 is for high beam. There are bulbs available in the market from Philips, etc which can be purchased online also (from ebay, etc). If you want better output, then go for higher wattage bulbs like 90/100W (not recommended for your car, just gave an example). This will also need relay and other wiring stuff or it will drain your battery. You can check the recommended specs for the halogen bulbs at MASS also. Otherwise, you can get cheaply available blue light emitting bulbs if the reason behind the change is flaunting. Else, stick to yellow ones of higher wattage. Sorry, I don’t know the prices of these bulbs but you can check them online.

For foglamps : Fog lamps are available at MASS as well as aftermarket but I will advice you to get aftermarket ones as MASS prices are a bit high. In aftermarket, they would cost you around 600-800 bucks for normal yellow ones. White/Blue ones are around 1000 bucks but for utility, yellow ones are better. Our member "Akash" has 800 bucks fog lamps on his Alto and is pretty much satisfied with them.

For horn : You want “Poo Poo” horn? So, you might be having “P-P” horn currently! But, I thought VW/Skoda horns are “Paw Paw” horns! Anyway, I would recommend a trusted and reliable brand “Roots” and the horn’s name is ‘Roots Windtones’ which is a dual horn emitting “Paw Paw” sound (as you wanted) and costing somewhere around 600 bucks. There will also be a warranty card with it. Our forum member “Aneesh” has the pics of the installation and pack of the horn in his Alto’s ownership thread. Remember, since the horn will be more powerful and loud, it will drain your battery. So, get a relay also fitted which will cost around 50-100 bucks depending on quality.

For film : Sunfilms are banned now. So, you will be pulled up by cops some day for the sunfilm/tints no matter how much VLT is there. So, don’t waste money! Get the sun shades which are mostly black coloured rectangular thingy and can be stuck on the windows from the centre. There are plenty of them available at red lights. Remember, bargain hard! For front windscreen, a roll-on type sun shade/film is available (a reflective type) in the market. I was quoted 700 bucks for it but I refused because of the cops.

For HSRP (High security registration plates): They are available easily and also made mandatory in some places. For it, you will have to go with your car papers to an RTO office near you and they will provide the number plate within 7 days. The cost was around 350 bucks, as I remember. But, as theferrarifan said, it may cost 400 bucks or so.

Some other suggestions:
What about a muffler (a.k.a. silencer tip near my place)?Cost is around 300 bucks. A large chrome tip exhaust looks so good! Also, try getting a spoiler (the one which ‘Akash’ and ‘Aditya’ have on their Alto) from aftermarket which will cost you around 4k INR and a simple one will cost you 3.5k INR from MGA. If you still have money in your pocket, try getting an FFE (Free flow exhaust). Our member ‘Varun’ has it on his M800. It makes a loud grunt when accelerate and surely you will have fun.
And, lastly, don’t forget to upload the pics of your going-to-be monster! Don’t hesitate to shoot more queries on us!

Revs. [:)]

Top Bottom