Headlamps Upgrade of Hyundai i10

Thread Starter #1
A common problem with most cars i assume. But with i10 i take it real hard when driving at nights. The headlamps are not much powerful. Even with high-beams it is not visible much.

Have anyone upgraded their stock head lamps to more powerful ? If so, which one and can you post some feedback ( positives & negatives ) ? including the price cost.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers!
Deceptron.

Ad!tya

Suspended
Re: Headlamps Upgrade.

If you have ample budget, then go for bi-xenon projectors. They would provide nice illumination at night. You can also use HIDs.

Regarding only bulb change, you can go to Hyundai dealerships and ask for suitable bulbs.

Moreover, your car headlights might not be aligned correctly. Ask the Hyundai guys to check the headlight alignment. It can be done as a DIY also. There is a screw behind the headlamp assembly.

Thread Starter #3

1. What is the price cost range for bi-xenon projectors ?
2. is there any difference in price if i go for HID's ?

I've asked my service advisor @ hyundai about this alignment and he said its in perfect place.

It's just my high-beam doesn't go that much far and i have also seen these complaints on other forums as well.

Let me know how much it costs me for xenon or hid lamps. And is it legal ?

Ad!tya

Suspended
What is the price cost range for bi-xenon projectors ?

I've asked my service advisor @ hyundai about this alignment and he said
its in perfect place.

It's just my high-beam doesn't go that much far and i have also seen
these complaints on other forums as well.

Let me know how much it costs me for xenon or hid lamps. And is it legal
?
I am using projectors with HIDs with low and high beams. It costed me
Rs. 8000 for the complete setup. However, mine are of local brand.
Advised brands are AES, etc. It will be under Rs.15000. BTW, my friend
has a modification shop and he also fitted projectors in an i10. Don't
know whether it is new one or old.

If you are not willing to spend this much, then get new bulbs of more
power.
Regarding the legal thingy, I dont think they are illegal as I have never been caught for them. Gurus can help on this.

Keep us updated.

1. What is the price cost range for bi-xenon projectors ?

I've asked my service advisor @ hyundai about this alignment and he said its in perfect place.

It's just my high-beam doesn't go that much far and i have also seen these complaints on other forums as well.

Let me know how much it costs me for xenon or hid lamps. And is it legal ?
I assume they are illegal. There are many instances where cops catch the cars with Xenon bulbs. It depends on the cops though! Some does not even mind but some does.
The best cheap way is to upgrade the bulbs. There are good effective ones in the market these days. Have a look at those!

Thread Starter #6

If you are not willing to spend this much, then get new bulbs of more
power.
Keep us updated.

The best cheap way is to upgrade the bulbs. There are good effective ones in the market these days. Have a look at those!

Do you guys suggest any watts ? I don't know how much watts the default is.

I'm planning to upgrade the bulbs only for high-beam. Just to make sure it doesn't kill everyone's eyes when on low beam.

Let me know

Thanks in advance.

Cheers!

Ad!tya

Suspended
Do you guys suggest any watts ? I don't know how much watts the default is.

I'm planning to upgrade the bulbs only for high-beam. Just to make sure it doesn't kill everyone's eyes when on low beam.

Let me know

Thanks in advance.

Cheers!
You can find the watts in your car's manual. It would be like for eg. 55/60w where 55 w is for low beam and 60w for high.
If you want powerful high beams, then you will have to get bulbs with same watts as of stock low beams.

Thread Starter #9
I'm planning to go for Phillips Xtreme as Nitin suggested.

100% Original Philips Extreme X-treme Vision Car Headlight Bulbs Bulb H4 60/55W | eBay

But i don't get it... it says 60/55w on the title and description. does that mean the low beam is higher watt than high ?

Also i heard that upgrading to higher watt bulbs will damage your holders/reflectors, how much true is that. ? I'm new to this headlamps stuff, a little help would be great.

Thanks in advance

Cheers!
Deceptron.

But i don't get it... it says 60/55w on the title and description. does that mean the low beam is higher watt than high ?
I don't think so. Now I too got a bit confused!
Hoping someone will reply this one! [confused]

Also i heard that upgrading to higher watt bulbs will damage your holders/reflectors, how much true is that. ? I'm new to this headlamps stuff, a little help would be great.
Well, it surely does. But in your case, I assume that the i10 already has the same watt bulbs fitted. So I don't think it will be a problem! [:)]

Thread Starter #11
I don't think so. Now I too got a bit confused!
Hoping someone will reply this one! [confused]

Well, it surely does. But in your case, I assume that the i10 already has the same watt bulbs fitted. So I don't think it will be a problem! [:)]

I don't know if the stock lamps with car are same watts as that ebay link. I just asked because nitin suggested it.

All i need is a non-damage solution for better visibility at night. Since my stock lamps are not that much powerful. please post your suggestions...

Thanks in advance

PS: A link to the product/lamps would be great.

Cheers!
Deceptron.

Well, you can check the current watt of the bulb. There must be a written text around the bulb of your headlight. Try it!
Upgrading the watt of the bulb doesn't damage holders/reflectors right away. The life span of them gets reduced. The Higher the watts, the lower the lifespan! And also higher watt bulbs will need new wiring kit & stuffs to withstand the high wattage.
And, can you post on which beam you want better visibility? Is it on low beam or high beam or both?

Thread Starter #13
Well... as stated before, I'm sure that i definitely need a better headlamps than current stock ones. Because when driving on high-ways... the visibility is very poor in i10 stock lamps. I upgraded my fog lamps and still not much difference. So that's a waste other than just stylish looks.

In I10 the stock headlamps comes with 40/35 W. It means 40 Watts power in High Beam and 35 Watts power in Low Beam. You can upgrade the bulbs to 100/90 W. In this case you need to change the wiring kit along with the bulbs. The bulbs would cost around 400 to 500 and the kit would be around 1300 to 1500.

Hope this Helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Go for cut-out kit and change of bulb.

Last week itself i did changed my stock bulbs of Punto with 90W, please make sure that proper fuse are used.

Cost # Rs.1100/-

Top Bottom