Tyres For Hyundai Santro

Thread Starter #1
Hi All,

Time to replace tyres for my santro, done 36+k kms and current stock is MRF.
Checked Bridgestone and will check Michellin.

kindly help me out by suggesting a good tyres for santro.

Ad!tya

Suspended
Re: Tyres for Santro

Are you sticking to the same size or changing to alloys/upsized tyres?
Do let us know.

Go for BS/Michelin/Yoko/Good year, all these are good with bit soft compound rubber and have good grip on the road, if you want a rough and tough then again go with MRF/JK

Ad!tya

Suspended

Alright, then you can check the above brands mentioned by Guralla.
Anyway, I would suggest Michelin Energy XM2 which would cost you somewhere around 3000-3500 per piece.

Aditya.

@Aditya, NO plans of upgrade in size , will stick to stock size
I'm currently using Continental - 165/65/13 and have done around 10k kms in it. It is absolutely wonerful and gives you a very smooth and rigid grip on the road. After completing around 10k kms it still looks new on my wheels. Lovely pair of shoes that i would really recommend!!

Cheers!!
- Ash

i am using apollo acelere 165/65R13 & they run for 42000 km(4 tyres) as my car is already covered 140000 km & i am using the 3rd set of same tyre. give good grip & mileage while in term of price they are least expensive only Rs 3100 per tyre.

Thread Starter #9
i changed tyres to yoko A drive 165/65R13 last month and the tyres are very comfortable. it absorbs road undulations very well with good maneuver and comfort .did 600 kms on new yoko's and the drive was very pleasant and unstressfull. was able to cross tripple digit numbers with no fuss with very good pickup.
Pickup is what i found very significant as would able to cruise very well jus with a tap of foot. handling also improved as well.
overall satisfied with Yoko's upgrade.

Confused whether to retain the stock size of upgrade on the Santro? Any suggestion. I rarely use the car and mostly its for the long drive / outings. Checked for Tubeless tyres in Blore (@Madhus, near Double Road) and their quote was 3.8k each tyre. They also informed that the old rim might be changed which they will confirm during the change and alloys will cost (min.) 4k each. So each tyre (or leg as someone was saying) will cost about 8k which inturn will be 40k. So any advice / inputs will be helpful.

Thread Starter #14
@Tornado , tyres are going good till now. performs better in dry as well as wet, no issues encountered till now. ride is better compared to stock and cornering though not able to test fully but with limited try it performed good.

Top Bottom