Headlight Upgrade for Honda Aviator!

Thread Starter #1

Ad!tya

Suspended
Hello TAI'ns!
My friend owns a Honda Aviator, which comes with 12v 35/35w headlight.
He wants to change the headlight bulb.
He requires the light to emit BLUE beam with adequate visibility at night.
His questions are:
1. What should be the ideal specifications for the new bulb?
2. Which brand should he get and what would be the price?
3. Can this work be done as a DIY?

Waiting for inputs.

MODS : If similar thread exists, please merge.

Don't know about where to get/how to get, but make sure its not like white bulbs, it hurts eyes and blinds oncoming drivers.

Thread Starter #6

Ad!tya

Suspended
See, username, it's not my vehicle. My friend wants blue light, I have advised him a lot, but it hardly makes any difference!
Both of us have zero knowledge about lights.
Stock bulb is 35/35w 12v.
So, new bulb should be 12v ? Should it also be 35/35w ?

I think the headlights of two wheelers depend on the alternator to work. unless we have DC light system like Discover 150 Yamaha etc.
the new Bullet Classic has higher wattage bulb 60/55W (not sure)
There are Bule headlight bulbs in the market, one of my friends bought one made by Osram for ~180 Rs ( not sure as this was a long time back). which gave a blueish light, the light was good to force others to DIM. but during the rains, it failed so he switched back to normals (Philips)

You can change the bulb to a 55/60W bulb by doing two things. First is change the alternator for your electricals to support the higher wattage of the bulb. The other option is convert your vehicle headlight to DC from AC and get the coil rewinding done. But please note that these things will put extra stress on your battery and will drain them out faster. I would recommend using yellow light bulbs since it can be used in all the weathers. Blue/white light does not work well in rains and fog. 55/60W bulb should be good enough and shouldn't affect your reflector. If you go for a higher wattage bulb like 90/100W etc it may burn the reflector gradually. Hope you find this information useful. I had got this done for my Honda Unicorn a couple of years back. [:)]

I have upgraded the 35watt bulb to 55/60 bulb in my Suzuki Access. I haven't faced any issue till date. I am running with this setup from a year. You can get those blueish bulbs of same wattage and fix it.

I have upgraded the 35watt bulb to 55/60 bulb in my Suzuki Access. I haven't faced any issue till date. I am running with this setup from a year. You can get those blueish bulbs of same wattage and fix it.
did you change the alternator for this? or just upgraded the bulb? hows the out put? does it have DC light or from the alternator?

Thread Starter #11

Ad!tya

Suspended
Alright, thanks for the replies.
Actually, my friend wanted a plug and play thingy! (which he could do as a DIY)
It would be his firsts DIY, so he doesn't want to mess with the electricals.

Anyways, Can 55/60w be used? Will drain out the battery faster?

did you change the alternator for this? or just upgraded the bulb? hows the out put? does it have DC light or from the alternator?
No changes made to alternator, its easily charging the battery checked using a multimeter I am getting 13.5 volts when idle with load. DC light ? (Do you mean directly connected to battery) no its from alternator itself.

Alright, thanks for the replies.
Actually, my friend wanted a plug and play thingy! (which he could do as a DIY)
It would be his firsts DIY, so he doesn't want to mess with the electricals.

Anyways, Can 55/60w be used? Will drain out the battery faster?
You can use it, its just as plug and play !

Thread Starter #13

Ad!tya

Suspended
Please suggest an online store for getting a good quality bulb (55/60w 12V) at a considerable price.
BTW, Aviator has Philips bulb(stock).

@Varun : I have read your DIY posts, which point towards you as a professional DIYer. Would you guide me (I will explain my friend) how to fit the bulb, etc? I read the manual and was not able to understand anything!

No changes made to alternator, its easily charging the battery checked using a multimeter I am getting 13.5 volts when idle with load. DC light ? (Do you mean directly connected to battery) no its from alternator itself.
Dear varun,
i have a 92 Bajaj 4S. do you think i can upgrade the 35w to 60/55 w bulb ? i have 60/55 lying around. will it give good light?
have you noticed considerable improvement in your headlight?

Please suggest an online store for getting a good quality bulb (55/60w 12V) at a considerable price.
BTW, Aviator has Philips bulb(stock).

@Varun : I have read your DIY posts, which point towards you as a professional DIYer. Would you guide me (I will explain my friend) how to fit the bulb, etc? I read the manual and was not able to understand anything!
Thanks ! I haven't done any thing on Aviator, but as fa as I know, you need to remove both mirrors and 4 screws to access the HL assembly. Just pull the plug out, you will find a thin metal piece holding the bulb. Remove and fix it back with a new bulb. Better go to car accessory shop and get a bulb.

Dear varun,
i have a 92 Bajaj 4S. do you think i can upgrade the 35w to 60/55 w bulb ? i have 60/55 lying around. will it give good light?
have you noticed considerable improvement in your headlight?
Sorry I don't have much idea, but can you tell me, whether your vehicle has battery ? You can use 55/60 bulb there would be no issue.
But new scooters come with H4 type bulbs, which type of bulb does your scooter has.

Top Bottom