My Tata Sierra Gullwing Door Modification

Thread Starter #1
Hi All,
This is Aniket and its my very first post in this forum. I owned a Tata Sierra and I would like to fit a gullwing door to it. Also I would like to fit a Safari tail lights to it. Looking forward to repaint it in Metalic black shade.

Can anyone plz let me know how it'll cost to me?
Please find below my Tata Sierra(BlackBird) and also also the pic which I'm looking for to fit that door to my Sierra.

TataSierra.jpg

Gull_Wing_Doors.jpg

Awaiting for your reply.

Thanks and Regards
Aniket P.Katkar

Thread Starter #3
Hi Varun,
Thanks for your reply. I do agree that gutting body parts might results in loss of strength of chasiss but I think it would be a nice look after getting modified. So for the same reason I'm planning to do it.
But who is Ilango?

Thanks and Regards
Aniket P.Katkar

Thread Starter #5
Hi Varun,
Thanks for the information. I either indeed mail him or call him regarding the modifications and its pricing details.

Thanks and Regards
Aniket P.Katkar

Hi Welcome to TAI, That's a nice Sierra you have.
Well, I have a question out of curiosity. In case you go for that kind of door, Either Opening or closing will be difficult (I mean it might be heavy) even if you install those pipe sort of thing we have in all car dikki doors.

By the way, How much did the alloys cost you?

You can cut after leaving some space from the B pillar and all the way to the C pillar.

I can see the pic, but the springs holding that portion won't last too long.Way too much weight.Tata cars are heavy.

It is better if you could convert to conventional doors first then you can always make into a Lamborghini styled door, those brackets should be easier to come by than gullwing ones.

Hi Ilango,
What about the weight of such modified door? wont it be pretty heavy to push upwards or pull downwards (even if we install those damper sort of thing we find on our hatch door).

Does the roof need extra strengthening to handle the weight + hinges etc?

The door hinges will be different and made in a way to handle the weight.The place where the hinges are mounted will need to be strengthened.Also a small shock might be used.Like in the boot of our 800.

Hello Mr Ankit I have sierra 1997 I am looking forword to have a gullwing door to my sierra can U plz suggest me the garage where it can be fitted and the cost and the time duration.
Thanks and Regards
Waseem

Hello Anikit, welcome on-board. your sierra looks great. I think stock looks better than you showed sierra btw its from my nearest place. its a kerala registered sierra :)

Top Bottom