My First Ever Off-Roading Experience !!

Thread Starter #1
Folks,

Here is the little snippet video of my first ever Hill-climbing (off-roading) experience in my new Scorpio. It was a short 10/15 mins thrilling act and was scary moment as well but I truly enjoyed it. The video is actually of the descend rather than the climb :(

The climb was easy initially but then the tyres got slippery as there were lot of loose stones on the ground and this is a 2x4 vehicle. So I did try to take it to the top but then it was really slippery so I didn't wanted to take much risk and held my thoughts and then descended from that point. Overall was a good experience.

Offroading adventure - YouTube

Also sharing some pictures as well.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Amit,

Great photos. Could not open the video.

Where is this. Is thr no other way to the top?

The problem with the pictures are that they usually fail to capture the incline. How much of a tilt was it?

350Z

Core Team
Can you please post the entire experience directly here instead of linking to external sources? It’ll be much convenient for us. Thanks.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #4
Hi Amit,

Great photos. Could not open the video.

Where is this. Is thr no other way to the top?

The problem with the pictures are that they usually fail to capture the incline. How much of a tilt was it?
Chandra - The tilt was almost about 40~45degree at the top from the road level. I just checked the video and it works for me. Maybe check it on youtube.. i have provided the link as well.

Thread Starter #6
45 deg is quite a tilt man. Its half of 90.

Which was more difficult. Goin up or climbing down?

Whar gears did you engage? Pl share your experience.

Well, climbing was effortless and was not scary at all untill the tyres started slipping 'coz of the loose rocks on the ground and thats when I realised that i need to go back as well. I turned the vehicle beast and then started the scariest moment when I really felt the load and the heaviness of the beast. I felt that I was in a BIG truck and I might loose control if I don't pay attention. I started recalling some offroading tips I read and then decided to follow them. So held my breath and started the decline very calmly and slowly, didn't revv'd the engine too much just kept cool and finally made it to the ground :)

The video is the second attempt when I was a bit experienced :)) so took the vehicle backwards to uphill and then came down easily.

All-over very good experience and I loved every second of it.

congrats buddy. great pics and kudos for it!! well you should now try real off roading also with your beast!! [;)] is it 4x4??

Hi pahujaamit
Great pic buddy. In Off-Roading you always a have new experience no matter it is first or second you always had a different kind of experience in each ride and what makes your off-road driving energetic is your car which is made specially for the off-road driving. One more things I would like to say that in off-road driving if you have a car in small phase like skoda yati then it can be more comfortable for you.

This is 2wd scorpio and off-roading gurus over here should have pointed it out and advised.

Friend I would advice not to go off-road with 2wd vehicle. At times the vehicle gets stuck in precarious kind of situation where if vehicle is not having 4x4 recovery might harm your vehicle badly.

Take care.

without 4X4 don't try to take your 4X2 in places unless necessary . Specially heavy car like safari or scorpio

But still Good to hear your experience :) Soon off-roading bug will swallow you :P

Thread Starter #15
This is 2wd scorpio and off-roading gurus over here should have pointed it out and advised.

Friend I would advice not to go off-road with 2wd vehicle. At times the vehicle gets stuck in precarious kind of situation where if vehicle is not having 4x4 recovery might harm your vehicle badly.

Take care.
without 4X4 don't try to take your 4X2 in places unless necessary . Specially heavy car like safari or scorpio

But still Good to hear your experience :) Soon off-roading bug will swallow you :P
Thanks for the advise guys. I never thought of any risk but was very cautious anyway. Now that you've raised a concern, I will make sure to be very very careful if any such opportunity comes across which I cannot avoid :)

Thanks anyway.

Top Bottom