Back With a Bang: Bought Mahindra Thar CRDe

Thread Starter #1
Hey Guys!!!

Am back!!!![drive]

Its been many many looooong years since I have scribbled anything in this forum. For just a recap, below is the links for my intro and a Mahindra Great Escape experience shared before!!

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/introductions/8253-its-me-vishnu-trivandrum.html

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...ahindra-great-escape-kottayam-experience.html

Now I want to inform my fellow TAI-Gers that I am a proud owner of Mahindra Thar CRDe, a 2017 model. Rockey Beige!

For almost 7 years I was dilly dallying my mind with the idea of buying a Thar. My daily drive was a Ford Figo, which clocked about 120,000 kms and timing belt change was due, got injector troubles, Turbo leak etc!! My friend has got a Mahindra Thar CRDe in 2014 and we went many offroad events. Once I took my family also along into Wagamon forests and there we got connected with the nature. It was this time we realized the true beauty of getting disconnected with mobile, laptops, tv etc and connect with true mother, Nature!!!

The Thar bug bit us and the urge to get one was full on. But I was a bit hesitant due to the horrible mileage and we were not in a position to afford 2 vehicles. Figo has to go for sure. And Thar will be the daily drive, which I was not very satisfied with.

Finally heart won over mind, got the Thar from TVS Mahindra Showroom on August 18th.

Pictures to follow!

Thread Starter #2
Another irony is that in 1987, we bought a Mahindra MM540 for our family use as well as business purposes. That time I was 9 years old and I was the one who got the vehicle keys from the dealer.

This time, 30 years after, my son is 9 years old and this time, he got the keys from the dealer!!! History repeats!!!

IMG-20170817-WA0032.jpg

IMG-20170817-WA0033.jpg

IMG-20170817-WA0034.jpg

IMG-20170817-WA0035.jpg

IMG-20170817-WA0036.jpg

IMG-20170817-WA0037.jpg

IMG-20170819-WA0017.jpg

IMG-20170819-WA0016.jpg

IMG-20170819-WA0024.jpg

IMG-20170819-WA0029.jpg

Upgrade 1: Mud Terrain Tires and 15" disc. Disc was a used one from my friend's Thar

IMG-20170901-WA0017.jpg

IMG-20170901-WA0018.jpg

Upgrade 2: Headlamps with DRL and ORVMs replaced

IMG_20170929_153300.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Many many congratulations on the new jeep.
The colour is superb. Its my dream vehicle too [clap]. Drive many miles,and yes keep a watch out for rust near hinges and all.

Another irony is that in 1987, we bought a Mahindra MM540 for our family use as well as business purposes. That time I was 9 years old and I was the one who got the vehicle keys from the dealer.

This time, 30 years after, my son is 9 years old and this time, he got the keys from the dealer!!! History repeats!!!
I hope you meant to say happy- coincidence[:D].

Hearty Congratulations! This is the my favourite color in the thar!
Get a detailed underbody coating done - the only thing to really worry about in a thar is rust - better to take all precautions rather than looking for cure later - underbody, running boards, hinges etc etc!

If you intend to keep it for a long time, this investment will significantly help!

Thread Starter #6
Many many congratulations on the new jeep.
The colour is superb. Its my dream vehicle too [clap]. Drive many miles,and yes keep a watch out for rust near hinges and all.

I hope you meant to say happy- coincidence[:D].
Yes!!! [lol] Happy Coincidence........

Hearty Congratulations! This is the my favourite color in the thar!
Get a detailed underbody coating done - the only thing to really worry about in a thar is rust - better to take all precautions rather than looking for cure later - underbody, running boards, hinges etc etc!

If you intend to keep it for a long time, this investment will significantly help!
Thanks mate!!

Upgrade No 3: Underbody coating is done (3M). However, inside the door panels and floor is not taken care of for the moment. I could see that Mahindra has done a kind of coating there, which is kind of greasy material.

Upgrade 4: Fixed diesel tank guard, clutch pipe guard and rear differential guard. Parts sourced from Swastik Fabs Bangalore. Lifted the front by 2 inches for saving the fenders from hitting the tire.

I am in search for the front differential guards. Plus need to get a lil more ride comfort, maybe with ironman shocks. Research going on.

The vehicle has done only 3500 kms and we have taken him out for an off road event which we organised with the Thar owners of Trivandrum. TVS Mahindra also extended their service and sales support team for the event.

I will start a new thread on that with lots of pictures.

I have fixed a temporary off road bumper from an old Mahindra Jeep for this purpose, removed the rear stock bumpers and the foot step. Just a precautionary measure.[;)]

Looks good. Congratulations !
have a happy miles ahead.
Thank You!!!

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes!!! [lol] Happy Coincidence........

Thanks mate!!

Upgrade No 3: Underbody coating is done (3M). However, inside the door panels and floor is not taken care of for the moment. I could see that Mahindra has done a kind of coating there, which is kind of greasy material.

Upgrade 4: Fixed diesel tank guard, clutch pipe guard and rear differential guard. Parts sourced from Swastik Fabs Bangalore. Lifted the front by 2 inches for saving the fenders from hitting the tire.

I am in search for the front differential guards. Plus need to get a lil more ride comfort, maybe with ironman shocks. Research going on.

The vehicle has done only 3500 kms and we have taken him out for an off road event which we organised with the Thar owners of Trivandrum. TVS Mahindra also extended their service and sales support team for the event.

I will start a new thread on that with lots of pictures.

I have fixed a temporary off road bumper from an old Mahindra Jeep for this purpose, removed the rear stock bumpers and the foot step. Just a precautionary measure.[;)]

Thank You!!!
Congrats on your Thar, nice mods, you are in mods own country, looking forward to your ownership review details.

Regards
Vinod

Hurrey,

Congrats for the Jeep man, looks macho on that wheels and rim. Lovely I must say. Happy Miles ahead

congrats on your purchase and those tyres look butch on your ride. Looking for more adventures from your Thar.

Top Bottom